aberdeen-music

Scotland's World Cup Qualifying Campaign

Shaki

scotland have a great chance of victory for a number of reasons...

the dutch wont be giving a flying fuck and so are there to be beaten

they might put out a second string side as they prepare for the WC (although on the downside it does mean that if they do play fringe players they'll be out to impress and stake a claim in the WC squad)

their players will be wanting to avoid injury this early in the season.

Scotland are a match for anyone at Hampden, oppositions do not like 50000 screaming jocks in their faces. bit of wind and rain might help the cause as well so the dutch cant play their usual passing game.

the dutch will probably be stoned and have a nice laid back attitude.

so looking at the evidence i reckon a 1-0 win for Scotland. Hope so, I would love to see Scotland at the WC as well as both versions of Ireland. it just might mean the twatty English media might not go on about 1966 etc etc for days on end although I doubt it somehow. Good luck anyways!

scotland have a great chance of victory for a number of reasons...

the dutch wont be giving a flying fuck and so are there to be beaten

they might put out a second string side as they prepare for the WC (although on the downside it does mean that if they do play fringe players they'll be out to impress and stake a claim in the WC squad)

Scotland are a match for anyone at Hampden, oppositions do not like 50000 screaming jocks in their faces. bit of wind and rain might help the cause as well so the dutch cant play their usual passing game.somehow.

These are professionals. I'm certain that 50,000 "jocks" screaming won't faze many of them, who play in front of crowds that sort of size fairly regularily. Certainly not enough to compensate for our own lack of ability, anyway.

Still, I'll hope by some miracle the Dutch are complacent and we end up sneaking an early goal. 1-0 Scotland.

btw, still mystified as to why big Russel Anderson isn't in the squad.

These are professionals. I'm certain that 50,000 "jocks" screaming won't faze many of them, who play in front of crowds that sort of size fairly regularily. Certainly not enough to compensate for our own lack of ability, anyway.

Still, I'll hope by some miracle the Dutch are complacent and we end up sneaking an early goal. 1-0 Scotland.

true but my point was scotland do have a super record at hampden and it is not a place any team, even the big guns, like going to. on the other hand, the dutch have sod all to play for which can either go for them or against them. maybe the SFA have delivered a few brown paper envelopes to the Dutch FA headquarters this morning :up:

sorry adam for the use of the word jocks, what i meant was whiskey swilling haggis eating beardies who wear skirts :up:

Probably because he's only played about 10 competitive matches in the past two seasons.

Do you remember in the 80's, the Dandy had a strip called Jocks and Geordies, where all they ever did was fight? Man, that was ace. Why did they get rid of it? Perhaps the xenophobia, or the needless violence caused by quite generic stereotypes, often including phonetically presented dialogue, like "ach. its nae yoose!" when the jocks were trying to deflect a swarm of cricket balls.

Sounds PC enough to me. Fucking wimps.

Do you remember in the 80's, the Dandy had a strip called Jocks and Geordies, where all they ever did was fight? Man, that was ace. Why did they get rid of it? Perhaps the xenophobia, or the needless violence caused by quite generic stereotypes, often including phonetically presented dialogue, like "ach. its nae yoose!" when the jocks were trying to deflect a swarm of cricket balls.

Sounds PC enough to me. Fucking wimps.

The Jocks and The Geordies made a surprise return in the 90s. DC Thompson (who publish the Dandy) sued Viz after they started using a character called "Wanker Watson" a riff on the Dandy character Winker Watson. As the case rumbled on, Viz published a strip in their comic called "D.C. Thompson : Miserable Scottish Bastard" which was some old guy in a kilt moaning about stuff. In retaliation the Dandy did a one of special off the Jocks and The Geordies where all the Geordies were Viz characters.

Viz (comic) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I fucking love Viz, me.

Trinny and Susannah also threatened to sue the comic after being portrayed as school bullies in a cartoon strip, "Fat and Skinny: Suzanna and Trinny". An official Viz spokesman said We are too busy laughing to comment.[10]

More importantly, are the Tartan Specials playing at half time again?

And how many times will Ronnie Browne shout "COME OOONNNN!!!!" during Flower of Scotland?

Looking forward to this one tonight, pretty happy with the probable lineup and reckon we'll set up to hit on the break down the wings. Just hope we don't let an early goal in and have to chase the game. To sum up, in the words of a wise man...

COME OOONNNN!

And how many times will Ronnie Browne shout "COME OOONNNN!!!!" during Flower of Scotland?

Looking forward to this one tonight, pretty happy with the probable lineup and reckon we'll set up to hit on the break down the wings. Just hope we don't let an early goal in and have to chase the game. To sum up, in the words of a wise man...

COME OOONNNN!

I would prefer if Stiltskin did the anthem culminating in a mass "IF YOU BELIEVE IT!!!"

Too fucking many. Was it my imagination or did he do it before he even started singing on Saturday? Twat. Makes me want to boo and whistle through my own national anthem.

He did indeed. It is quite funny how out of time he is and every so often speeds up to get back in sync.

What happened to Caledon, I liked them. An opera trio accompanied by a dude on a Les Paul!