aberdeen-music

Scotland's World Cup Qualifying Campaign

Shaki

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

You know, as i was writing that post i did think initially write McFadden scored but then once i started thinking about it I changed my mind and changed it to Fletcher. Just goes to show you should trust your first instinct. Especially if you're playing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

wirelessly posted (sonyericssonk770i/r8bc browser/netfront/3.3 profile/midp-2.0 configuration/cldc-1.1)

you know, as i was writing that post i did think initially write mcfadden scored but then once i started thinking about it i changed my mind and changed it to fletcher. Just goes to show you should trust your first instinct. Especially if you're playing who wants to be a millionaire.

NEVER swap your box.

I think Burley has been quite unlucky though: no-one saw the Boozegate affair coming, he's not had the rub of the green with injuries, and the Glasgow centric wanker press have had it in for him since day one. He has made the odd selection blunder here and there, but which manager wouldn't considering the overall lack of quality in the squad?

Anyway, that's me getting ready to head down, my first Scotland game for about a year. Mon!

:up:

Spot on! :up: Hope is important!

Here's the team for tomorrow (according to my contact, who's never usually wrong).

Gordon

Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker

Naismith Brown Hartley Fletcher Maloney

Miller

:(

Though if it's more like:

Brown Hartley Fletcher

Naismith Miller Malony

Then I'll be happier. Least there's no Alexander.

Has Naismith been playing for the Huns of late?

He has. And he's been quite lively.

I was listening to the Clyde 1 phone in tonight (it's not great) and some Rangers 'fan' came on saying that all the Rangers players should withdraw from the Scotland squad because it's not like the game matters, and they should concentrate on more important games e.g. CL or league fixtures.

What a heap of rubbish!! I doubt the players would be saying that.

I'm sure that 3 or 4 that might play will be fine to play Motherwell at the weekend.

He really wound me up. /rant.

:(

Though if it's more like:

Brown Hartley Fletcher

Naismith Miller Malony

Then I'll be happier. Least there's no Alexander.

Aye that'll be more like the formation, but i'd imagine it'll easily slip into a 4-4-2 if needed, with Maloney on the left, Brown on the right, Fletcher/Hartley in the middle, with Naismith joining Miller up front.

Yup, scoring as well.

Ah, I only read the report or watch the highlights if they get beaten!

Generally happy with that line up. For all Miller's faults we'll need his energy up front. It's about time he had another good game for Scotland, it's been years.

I know I shouldn't be excited but...well, I am. Deflation here we come!

Undecided as to where to watch it. Any suggestions near enough the centre of town?

I was listening to the Clyde 1 phone in tonight (it's not great) and some Rangers 'fan' came on saying that all the Rangers players should withdraw from the Scotland squad because it's not like the game matters, and they should concentrate on more important games e.g. CL or league fixtures.

Was their name K.Boyd or L.McCulloch?

Bet they're enjoying their free week, getting pissed and doing f*ck all.

I've stopped listening to phone ins, as it just makes me even more mad at Old Firm fans :swearing:

Was their name K.Boyd or L.McCulloch?

Bet they're enjoying their free week, getting pissed and doing f*ck all.

I've stopped listening to phone ins, as it just makes me even more mad at Old Firm fans :swearing:

He must've been paid to make that call! Or perhaps I will continue to hope that people don't actually think like that (even though I know they do!). It would no doubt have caused a fuss after that call, but I switched it off.

Here's the team for tomorrow (according to my contact, who's never usually wrong).

Gordon

Hutton Weir McManus Whittaker

Naismith Brown Hartley Fletcher Maloney

Miller

I'd go with that. Industrious central midfield with the ability to counter out wide with Maloney and Naismith. Not too keen on Miller at international level in general but he will be useful for pestering the Dutch centre halves.

While I'm remembering, what the fuck did Richard Gough look like on the tele on Saturday with his spice boy haircut!?!

I'd go with that. Industrious central midfield with the ability to counter out wide with Maloney and Naismith. Not too keen on Miller at international level in general but he will be useful for pestering the Dutch centre halves.

While I'm remembering, what the fuck did Richard Gough look like on the tele on Saturday with his spice boy haircut!?!

A dick.

Where you watching it Triggsie? Queen Vic?

Has that new drinks licence laws put an end to the cheap drinks at the Priory? That was always good fun for the football. There's no way i'd head there after the game however!!

I heard the Priory was giving out free whisky post-match on Saturday. That said, if the Priory does something that definitely does not make it OK.