aberdeen-music

Scotland's World Cup Qualifying Campaign

Shaki

the caldwells are being made to look like scapegoats by people who should know better.

Gary and Steven Caldwell are not the reason we lost. We lost because we didnt score (or look like scoring) any goals. They were always going to score a goal. Kenny Miller was never going to score. Scotland have a number of players can run around all day, but lets be honest so should most professional footballers. What Scotland players lack is a firm grasp of the fundamental techniques required to play football. Most of our guys had a touch like a wall and totally lacked composure on the ball, as soon as norway pressed, we panicked and gave the ball away. Our formation looked odd, alexander liked to get the ball out wide, rendering brown and fletcher holidaymakers when we attacked. Norway played route one football up to Carew, which meant that all pressure was being soaked by the defence and the holidaymakers were essentially out of the game.

it has to be said our players are not as good as the norweigans (hence our guys play in league 1 / championship, sphell)

the ref didn't exactly do us any favours, the norweigans are a better team than bottom of the table and are on a new wave of optimism/confidence with mr norway returning as boss etc

Granted, you would still have expected a draw or win at the least.

I'm not exactly Mr Football but I always thought the idea of a defensive wall was to cause an obstruction to the player taking the free kick, not leave a huge bloody gap right in front of him to blast the ball straight through....

It wasnt through the wall and if it had not came off Scott Brown i'm sure Marshall would have at least been able to parry it. Brown could have probably charged it down a bit quicker. Though pretty unlucky at the outcome.

Gary and Steven Caldwell are not the reason we lost.

I personally thought we looked slightly better than Norway until Caldwell lost the plot.

I agree the formation was weird and Miller has done nothing to suggest he is the answer up front.

All in all a total shambles. I'm just glad I left the pub at halftime and went to the Moorings for a few relaxing beers.

It wasnt through the wall and if it had not came off Scott Brown i'm sure Marshall would have at least been able to parry it. Brown could have probably charged it down a bit quicker. Though pretty unlucky at the outcome.

The point was, there was a huge gap to shoot through. The wall was at least 2 feet to teh left of where they should have been. It shouldn't have been down to whether the keeper MIGHT have got to it, the gap shouldn't have been there.

The deflection just added insult to stupidity.

I personally thought we looked slightly better than Norway until Caldwell lost the plot.

I agree the formation was weird and Miller has done nothing to suggest he is the answer up front.

All in all a total shambles. I'm just glad I left the pub at halftime and went to the Moorings for a few relaxing beers.

Iwleumo? (i know he is injured)

Similar mold(and looks) - albeit a poor mans - version of Carew.

Pissed me off that the BBC commentators(inc Pat Nevin and co.) said "oh they made Carew look like a world class player tonight" in ways implying that he is normally shite. He is no mug and plays for one of the btter teams in the Premiership.

On a side note i cant fucking stand Craig Patterson as a commentator. He sounds like a totally gipe.

The point was, there was a huge gap to shoot through. The wall was at least 2 feet to teh left of where they should have been. It shouldn't have been down to whether the keeper MIGHT have got to it, the gap shouldn't have been there.

The deflection just added insult to stupidity.

That was the gap so the goalie could see the ball. He doesn't want to be blinded by the whole wall cause he wo't see the shot or the starting point of the free kick. From what i remember it was a standard 4 man wall covering the outside of the goalies right hand post (a norm - especially when facing a left footer which Gamst Pedersen and Riise are) then Scott Brown was put in a charger(ned idiot doesnt give a fuck if he gets hit). The gap left Marshall in clear view of the shot in the centre of the goal and to his left. Riise shot was going straight at Marshall (unless late movement) and i think he would have managed to get something infrot of it.

there was nothing wrong with the wall.

My girlfriend asked me a question last night which I have failed to find an answer for:

Why are you surprised?!

I don't know. I think that little, often fortuitous, purple patch under Smith and McLeish (which ultimately ended in failure) somehow heralded a new dawn in Scottish football and that we could build from there to qualify regularly for tournaments. How naive and foolish of me.

In the first three competitive fixtures of the season the aggregate score is:

my teams 1-12 other teams

This might just be my last season before moving full time into computerised football.

it has to be said our players are not as good as the norweigans (hence our guys play in league 1 / championship, sphell)

Have to disagree. I thought we played quite well for the first 30 odd minutes and Norway didn't look like they had a snowballs chance of causing us much difficuties. Everyone seemed quite confident on the ball and we were happily spraying passes about.

The sending off changed the game and the most disappointing aspect was that no-one seemed to take charge of the team and as a result we put in one of the most inept performances i've seen for a long time.

Have to disagree. I thought we played quite well for the first 30 odd minutes and Norway didn't look like they had a snowballs chance of causing us much difficuties. Everyone seemed quite confident on the ball and we were happily spraying passes about.

The sending off changed the game and the most disappointing aspect was that no-one seemed to take charge of the team and as a result we put in one of the most inept performances i've seen for a long time.

Saying that our only chances came from horrendous defending by Norway. I just feel we have nothing going forward. Our creative players do far too much tracking back i'd say and i'd have McFadden on every game.

but our players arent as good as the norwegians.

I don't think that's true. Apart from Riise, Carew and Pedersen, I'd hardly heard of any of the rest of them, and the majority of them play in the Norwegian league which is pretty poor. I'd say they're a fairly ordinary team with a few star players. The same as us really.

I don't think that's true. Apart from Riise, Carew and Pedersen, I'd hardly heard of any of the rest of them, and the majority of them play in the Norwegian league which is pretty poor. I'd say they're a fairly ordinary team with a few star players. The same as us really.

Dunno like could have done with Brede Hangeland last night!