aberdeen-music

Scotland's World Cup Qualifying Campaign

Shaki

Alexander was an absolute monster in that position for Burnley last season, should do well tonight.

He's rarely had a bad game for Scotland either.

I seem to remember K Miller's last good game for Scotland was in Oslo about 4 years ago when he netted twice. A repeat of that would do me :up:

If McCormack and Commons have a good game then I think we could do alright.

nervous though.

Outclassed but no worse than many others. He played in both victories over France too.

No way, Alexander and Teale were a clear level below every other player on the park that day.

I'm willing to give him a chance in the position he'll be playing tonight, but he should certainly never appear in the back four for Scotland ever again.

Am I right in saying that if we win tonight, Norway are out of the running to qualify?

I know exactly what's going to happen, same thing that ALWAYS happens with Scotland. We'll go into the last game needing to beat the big team to qualify and we'll lose.

I thought either this, or we'll win all our remaining games and luck would have it that we're the lowest point scoring runners up.

It would be typical of Scotland, sorry to sound so pessimistic, but we always fall at the last hurdle, and I've learnt over the years not to get my hopes up in situations like the last Euros where we had to beat Italy at home in the last game to qualify. I saw grown men crying at the end of that game - like they really expected that we'd be able to stuff the world champions.

Admittedly it was my mate Gary and he cries at everything.

After the Italy game was the only time I have cried at something as an adult, it was heart breaking. There was a great deal of the fans walking back to the train station in the exact same way. I think it was because of the air of expectation and that "we can actually do this" feeling that was going throughout the country.

The last hurdle is the Scotland way, "the old college drop-out try".

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

G Caldwell sent off, then S Caldwell hooked before he got sent off, then replacement centre-back Berra gets injured and hobbles off. 3 centre backs we've gone through. All we need now is for a piano to fall out of the sky onto our remaining defenders and the job will be complete.