aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I subscribe to the same approach :up:

Reminds me of that story about Willie Miller being warned about the pace of an opposing winger, and his response was "We'll see how quick he is with a broken leg".

Good line Willie. Almost as funny as when he told all those people "Of course I'll pay you, trust me."

Guest Gladstone

Fucking hell - even I can see the funny side of that.

Even with the new signings we are bollocks.

If we'd signed Darren Mackie, he'd have scored a hat-trick cos he's the best player in the league by a country mile.

Guest idol_wild

So Chris Maguire goes on loan to Calderwood-steered Kilmarnock and scores the winner on his debut against a Robbie Keane infused Celtic.

What a little bebo-addicted bum-sniff.

Oo dear, what percentage of his million quid did that represent tonight then?

Too much expectation. A bit like this summers England campaign. Of course they can just use John Terry as the scapegoat for bringing the team spirit down and making them all more concerned about whether he was sinking the pink into their WAG than scoring goals....

lots of suprising results tonight. weather was as atrocious as the football at the abbey stadium as we huffed and puffed our way through an uninspiring 0-0 draw against part timers Salisbury City in the FA Trophy. God knows where the goals are coming from since we just flogged our top scorer to Brighton. So hope Mr Ling is planning a loan striker cos the ones we have should be arrested and fined under the trades description act. There's no fucking way on this earth they're strikers.

Dave Partridge looked solid on his debut mind but we were not really tested by Salisbury. We did hit the post a couple of times but it was a lacklustre display, too much hoofballing it to no-one and the passing was shoddy even by blue square premier standards. the referee, whilst not the worst we've seen, was his usual tosser referee type self and now a replay at salisbury next tuesday which we could well do without. We really should be beating sides like that with ease, home form this season has been on the whole woeful.

Very depressing at the moment, but you gotta take the rough with the smooth. Things can only get better!

Little bit of information about new Aberdeen signing, Steve MacLean;

"He began his career at Rangers and had a successful loan spell at Scunthorpe United (where he was given the nickname 'The Loan Ranger)"

Awesome.