aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I'm quite enjoying the backstory of our new signing, Pavels Mihadjuks.

'Mihadjuks started his career as a forward, but quickly developed into an imposing centre half. After some excellent displays for the Latvian under 21 team, he gained the nickname "'Pavels Slepkava'" which means "Pavels The Butcher" in English. The nickname was due to his habit of injuring opponents with sturdy tackles. A request was made to FIFA to allow Mihadjuks to wear the name "Slepkava" on his back but this was declined.'

I'm quite enjoying the backstory of our new signing, Pavels Mihadjuks.

'Mihadjuks started his career as a forward, but quickly developed into an imposing centre half. After some excellent displays for the Latvian under 21 team, he gained the nickname "'Pavels Slepkava'" which means "Pavels The Butcher" in English. The nickname was due to his habit of injuring opponents with sturdy tackles. A request was made to FIFA to allow Mihadjuks to wear the name "Slepkava" on his back but this was declined.'

Really solid defender. Great in the air, plays the simple ball on the ground. He'll do very well at United.

That's really encouraging news. Apparently if it all goes well, we'll sign him longer term.

Seems to be pretty loyal as well. He wanted to stay with ICT even after we got relegated, with reduced wages, but the board of directors (fannies) up top decided that we could maybe replace him with a cheaper version... in Bulvetis. In fairness, Bulvetis has come onto a really good game this season, but he's nowhere near as good as Magic.

I'm just glad he's gone to the Arabs and not Dens!! :up:

well at least your team havent just lost to Salisbury fucking City in the FA Trophy who were down to 10 men for most of the match... and are probably going to be stripped of the six points we got against Chester City cos its looking increasingly likely they're going to chucked out the conference... and on the back of 6 league defeats on the bounce... which means we are well and truly in the relegation mire and dropping to the conference south a possibility... and our main keeper is out for 2 months and the young rubbish reserve keeper made a monumental fuck up for Salisbury's 2nd goal... so however you may be depressed about tonights performance surely can't be as bad as all that (maxie and montrose excepted!). I feel better now back to the carnage of the cambridge messageboard and the enivitably 200 posts wanting Ling out!

2-1 up at home to Barnsley with 5 minutes left. Dean Windass says they're battering us on sky sports news. Not a hint of surprise in my reaction to this news. I've lost count of the number of leads we've thrown away already this season. Chris Killen scored, who'da thought it?

The good news for Newcastle is that forest have lost so only WBA have gained on them.

Good news though Woodsinho...

AJ's our new best player. Man of the Match tonight, won the penalty and generally impressed. I presume Strachan allowed him to go because he can actually play football?

He is a fantastic player, can play on both wings and is even capable of such mind blowing tricks as changing direction on the ball and providing an accurate cross. SWP could learn a few things from him.

We won, sweet! Still 2 points off 6th having played 2 more games though so I'll not be going overboard on the celebrations.

It's just a shame that, out of all the teams who were keeping an eye on him, he went to that load of scarf wearing sugar daddies. I be he's getting paid a quarter of a million a week, and everyone who lives in Teesside has had their mortgage cleared, the git.

Good lad though, and he can kick a ball about a fair bit.

I blame Redknapp. For everything. Portmouth's demise. The Holocaust. Poverty. The Nintendo Wii. Everything.

It's weird to think they won the FA Cup less than 2 years ago, and were playing the likes of AC Milan on their own soil as a result. It'd be a shame if they went completely bust. Can the FA not step in and tide them over until the end of the season?

Why Pompy? Why not a team that nobody likes, like Spurs or West Brom?

Fratton Park is why, it doesn't generate anything close to the match day revenue they'd need to match their ridiculous expenditure. It's got a capacity of just over 20,000 and doesn't have any of those fancy corporate box section that make loads of money of the course of a season. They don't have much of an international following to back them up either so that's another income stream that's missing when you compare them to other clubs with their spending over the last 5 years.

My favourite illustration of their madness is that John Utaka gets paid more than Cesc Fabregas.

Fuck it. Sometime, everybody's gotta get molested. Right?

Hughton is a fucking muppet though.

You mean you don't agree with his decision to put Jonas at left back and Guthrie on the left wing to effectively keep them out of the game for the second half?

At least Sunderland are rubbish at the moment, that's some consolation.

Fratton Park is why, it doesn't generate anything close to the match day revenue they'd need to match their ridiculous expenditure. It's got a capacity of just over 20,000 and doesn't have any of those fancy corporate box section that make loads of money of the course of a season. They don't have much of an international following to back them up either so that's another income stream that's missing when you compare them to other clubs with their spending over the last 5 years.

My favourite illustration of their madness is that John Utaka gets paid more than Cesc Fabregas.

They should ground share with Southampton! Like the Milans! They could even call it the San Siro. It would be off the hook.