aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

We're Cardiff tonight. 7:45 on a fucking Friday night man, what's that all about? It isn't even on the telly.

9-0 to us. Leon Best triple hat-trick.

The fizzypop seem to do this every now and again. Once or twice a month, there'll be an untelevised Friday night game. How are you meant to get to it, if you only finished work 2 hours before kick off?

Even though it's not on Sky, it was probably Sky's idea, because they know how you feel about football, and they feel the same.

Was quite surprised when I saw this story:

TEAMtalk | Football | Birmingham City News. Latest From St. Andrews

Blues set for 'significant' overhaul

Chief executive Michael Dunford claims Birmingham will make "significant" additions in the summer with "eight or nine players likely to leave".

Hmm, your team are doing wonderfully in the league, go on a 15 match unbeaten run, and the chairman says half of them are getting punted? That's not going to do much for team morale...

The fizzypop seem to do this every now and again. Once or twice a month, there'll be an untelevised Friday night game. How are you meant to get to it, if you only finished work 2 hours before kick off?

Even though it's not on Sky, it was probably Sky's idea, because they know how you feel about football, and they feel the same.

Well, it was supposed to be played tomorrow, but the KO was the same time as Sunderland's home game. Apparently the Tyne/Wear council(s) won't allow Newcastle and Sunderland to have home games on the same day, because Sunderland is a fucking disgusting shithole and all their fans will come up to Newcastle after the game for a piss-up. Add Cardiff's significant hooligan element to that cocktail and you've got a problem.

Was supposed to be going down to this one, but couldn't because they changed it. Cunts.

Was quite surprised when I saw this story:

TEAMtalk | Football | Birmingham City News. Latest From St. Andrews

Hmm, your team are doing wonderfully in the league, go on a 15 match unbeaten run, and the chairman says half of them are getting punted? That's not going to do much for team morale...

Sounds a bit mental to me. I really like Big Eck's approach to team-building; he knows he's sitting on a fuckload of money, but he's being sensible and not spaffing it all at once. Who did he bring in in January? Just a couple of midfielders to shore the squad up. Sensible man - knows exactly what he's doing. That's how you build a team.

I'm sure he won't be best pleased with the chairman's statement.

I'm sure he won't be best pleased with the chairman's statement.

That happened to him last season as well. Despite sitting top of the Championship with impending promotion to the PL, Karen Brady does an article in a newspaper questioning Big Eck's signing policy. Good call on that one wifey.

This John Terry business is getting me angry: all coaching manuals state that if the full back leaves a hole, it's the centre half's job to fill it. He's done nothing wrong...

Seems one A Cole is the 5th member of the Chelsea squad to have banged Bridge's bird, although he's also got one of these super injunction thingies.

Here's an interesting bit in a Hibs story about Alan Gow I didn't see in any of the papers.

TEAMtalk | Football | Scottish Premier League News

Hughes swooped for Plymouth's Gow a few hours before the transfer window closed at midnight on Monday.

He revealed on Thursday the 27-year-old - who played under him at Falkirk - was on his way to Aberdeen when Hibs made their move.

And that did not go down well with Dons boss Mark McGhee.

"Mark phoned up and had a few choice words," said Hughes, who also saw off competition from Hibs' arch-rivals Hearts.

"It was just because of my friendship with him (Gow) and that I've kept in touch with him on a regular basis that I could nick him."

Sky Sports | Football | News | Sky News: Terry axed

Looks like JT has been stripped of the England captaincy.

I think Wayne Bridge is back playing this weekend, will be interesting to see how he gets on. I think it was on Goals on Sunday last week they were discussing how he can get even more fucked over in this debacle. The topic was if there is going to be strife between him and Terry in the England squad then it would be more likely he is the one that is axed as JT can offer more as a player. Bloody shame on the guy.

Does it really matter who your captain is? Isn't it better to have the cliched lots of leaders in your team?

I remember when Beckham stepped down from the England captaincy although was still available for selection and it was big news for about two weeks. Fucking wow!

The England Team are fucking dicks. I hate them all. The only group of people more dickish are the English Football Media. Dicks.

Guest Gladstone
His actions are quite irrelevant to football, but I'm glad Capello came down hard on him. He doesn't tolerate stepping out of line of any sort. He even gave Heskey the hairdryer for sending a text message during a team dinner.

I bet he's bigger than your Dad. He'd fight your Dad, and win.

His actions actually do have a lot to do with football I'd say. Okay Wayne Bridge isn't a first team regular (or is he these days?), but he's picked semi-regularly and would be seen as part of the squad.

What does this sort of shit do for team spirit? I'd drop John Terry from the squad right now. England have the centre halves to cope with his absence, and make him work his way back into the squad.

They're supposed to be a "team" - what kind of team member shags his team mate's bird? Not a very good team member in my book.

John Terry thinks he's above the law - he's a total dick with absolute zero morals. Another reason he should be dropped from the England squad - he's a "role model" for kids and all that stuff.

I think this would be massively different if he'd just knobbed some random's bird (not that it would make it better) because it wouldn't contribute to any disharmony in the squad, but not only is Bridge a squad member, but he'll have a lot of mates in the squad as well - how could they look up to a captain who's done that to their mate (who happens to be the captain's best mate)?

His actions actually do have a lot to do with football I'd say. Okay Wayne Bridge isn't a first team regular (or is he these days?), but he's picked semi-regularly and would be seen as part of the squad.

What does this sort of shit do for team spirit? I'd drop John Terry from the squad right now. England have the centre halves to cope with his absence, and make him work his way back into the squad.

They're supposed to be a "team" - what kind of team member shags his team mate's bird? Not a very good team member in my book.

John Terry thinks he's above the law - he's a total dick with absolute zero morals. Another reason he should be dropped from the England squad - he's a "role model" for kids and all that stuff.

I think this would be massively different if he'd just knobbed some random's bird (not that it would make it better) because it wouldn't contribute to any disharmony in the squad, but not only is Bridge a squad member, but he'll have a lot of mates in the squad as well - how could they look up to a captain who's done that to their mate (who happens to be the captain's best mate)?

Lot's of good points raised here. That isn't what I'd call being a team-mate or a role model.

I reckon it was an easy decision for Capello though, I bet kicking him out the squad barely crossed his mind. Expectations are going to be rampant in England around the World Cup and if he is going to have any chance of winning then he needs his best players, Terry included. Another centre half would be a compromise. Making an example by stripping him of the captaincy shows he's reacted but ensures the chances in South Africa are as high as ever. Still a wankstain though.

Next England captain? Surely not Gerrard after his DJ bashing. Rooney, Ferdinand or Lampard?