aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Robbie Keane's getting a bit of a harsh backlash for his debut. Does anyone ever have a top drawer debut when they've switched from one league to another? He hadn't even trained with the side, and was thrown straight in, not having any grasp of the way they play, or any SPL experience whatsoever.

He still had a decent chance on goal, and it was unfortunate he missed. a fraction either side or above the keeper, and it would have been hailed as a legendary debut, and they'd have renamed the city of Glasgow to KEANO. No so bad for someone thrown straight in, and who hasn't played regular football for a good couple of months due to being behind Peter Crouch in the pecking order, for some bemusing, inexplicable reason.

I like Keane. He seems like a good egg. He reminds me of Peter Beardsley from how he always seems to have a smile on his face when he plays. He'll definitely score goals, but he can't do it all on his own.

Guest Gladstone
Robbie Keane's getting a bit of a harsh backlash for his debut. Does anyone ever have a top drawer debut when they've switched from one league to another? He hadn't even trained with the side, and was thrown straight in, not having any grasp of the way they play, or any SPL experience whatsoever.

He still had a decent chance on goal, and it was unfortunate he missed. a fraction either side or above the keeper, and it would have been hailed as a legendary debut, and they'd have renamed the city of Glasgow to KEANO. No so bad for someone thrown straight in, and who hasn't played regular football for a good couple of months due to being behind Peter Crouch in the pecking order, for some bemusing, inexplicable reason.

I like Keane. He seems like a good egg. He reminds me of Peter Beardsley from how he always seems to have a smile on his face when he plays. He'll definitely score goals, but he can't do it all on his own.

I simply wouldn't have played him (from the start). He was unveiled at an 11pm press conference the night before. He should have been on the bench, and given 30 minutes or so at the end.

I think he'll be a great signing.

I agree. He's rusty, and the deadline day fiasco would take it out of anyone. A bit of an appearance from 75 minutes onwards would have been enough to unveil him. I hope he does well though. He's clearly a class above every other striking option Celtic have, if not in the whole SPL.

What's the deal with his wages though. Did they have to bend the budget a bit to give him his 60 grand a week? I can only guess that no other Celtic player earns that, surely?

I simply wouldn't have played him (from the start). He was unveiled at an 11pm press conference the night before. He should have been on the bench, and given 30 minutes or so at the end.

I think he'll be a great signing.

I don't think there's any doubt. He'll probably score 5 in one game soon just to highlight how much better he is than the SPL! I hope not but it's probable.

Guest Gladstone
I agree. He's rusty, and the deadline day fiasco would take it out of anyone. A bit of an appearance from 75 minutes onwards would have been enough to unveil him. I hope he does well though. He's clearly a class above every other striking option Celtic have, if not in the whole SPL.

What's the deal with his wages though. Did they have to bend the budget a bit to give him his 60 grand a week? I can only guess that no other Celtic player earns that, surely?

Nobody knows really - but I did hear that Spurs are paying half his wages. No other player at Celtic would even be on 30k I reckon. Maybe 20-25k at a push (though that's pure speculation on my part).

They pushed the boat out for Roy Keane before, but again, nobody knows how much he was getting paid (by nobody, I mean the public).

Nobody knows really - but I did hear that Spurs are paying half his wages. No other player at Celtic would even be on 30k I reckon. Maybe 20-25k at a push (though that's pure speculation on my part).

They pushed the boat out for Roy Keane before, but again, nobody knows how much he was getting paid (by nobody, I mean the public).

Not even Roy Keane knew. They just gave him a big jar of change, where it would be impossible the guess the amount.

Weren't Celtic fans singing that "There's only one Keano" that night?

Robbie must have been gutted, especially at his unveiling of all times.

Guest Gladstone

"Wronged wife Toni was showing the strain yesterday after jetting off to the Gulf with her two children and her mum Sue.

Bikini-clad Toni looked gaunt and tense in the pool in Dubai."

Really? What a loser, eh?

Guest Gladstone
How many Rangers fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Three. One to change to change the bulb, one to dance around wearing the commemorative "We changed the lightbulb and Celtic didn't" t-shirt, and one to drive the other two back to Inverness.

Question on everyone's lips is "how did they afford a lightbulb?"

Guest Gladstone
I missed out the line "at Ibrox". Off to reword it.

I'm amazed that they can afford to put in new bulbs at Ibrox though. Kris Boyd would surely have to sacrifice a pie or two to balance the books.

How many Rangers fans does it take to change a lightbulb at Ibrox?

Three. One to change to change the bulb, one to dance around wearing the commemorative "We changed the lightbulb and Celtic didn't" t-shirt, and one to drive the other two back to Inverness.

My current latest favourate joke of this style is:

How many pitchfork writers does it take to change a lightbulb?