aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

I'm not entirely sure when it opens or if they have confirmed an opening but i get two weeks training starting the 14th so april would be my best guess. I've not been up in the course but i got shown round yesterday and it does look like great fun and the safety equipment is very similar to like being on a boat if you've ever been sailing? Two harnesses, one attached at all times. There's Tarzan swings, zipwires and stuff and i'm going to get to do it backwards every morning to set it up:)

Thanks everyone for the congratulations:) Good luck to Soda Jerk and KarmaTsunami:up:

Had a look at the course this morning when I went for a run. Looks like it could be a lot of fun although there are a few of the obstacles that made me feel a bit sick just looking at them. If there's an easy way to get past a particularly hard obstacle then I'd be up for trying the course.

Hearing about how Ace-ic PureGym looks is ace-ic. I signed up but I haven't been in for a look about yet, but according to my mum it's pretty ace-ic. Really excited about going.

Ditto.

Signed me and the missus up for it to take advantage of the 10 deal.

6 AM runs here I come.

(thats a jog at 6AM, not the squits at 6AM)

I want to sign up but with the job i'm going into i don't know when i'll be free, It does look great though!

Won't you have quite an active job anyway? You can spend your time swinging through the trees; probably better than the gym.

I was in getting minor surgery this morning, the first thing i said when I woke up after the operation (still in the recovery room) was "I'm glad you woke me up. I was dreaming about Nickelback". It's aceic that even under general anaesthetic, and talking morphine-induced shite, I still have great taste in music.

Orange juice with juicy bits.

It's the only way. I was pretty excited when I found out Tropicana released a "with even more juicy bits" orange juice, but it turns out that this is just the regular Tropicana with Juicy Bits, and the now-regular Tropicana with Juicy Bits has less bits in than before.

Get your bonce around that.

As for sports, I like football and rugby league, not union. I also like the big four US sports on occasion, assuming that Nascar isn't part of the big four. I even enjoy Baseball, but it's probably my 3rd favourite, just ahead of Basketball, which just doesn't do it for me.

I can only watch Cricket if it's Twenty20. Speed cricket.

and Handball.

i don't really understand the difference between league and union. less players and more tries right? i watched gloucester vs bath the other day and it was ace but i did feel it was unusual for a union game in that it had actual tries.

No scrums, more running in League I think. Which is fine but no-one really cares about it except a few blokes in the north of England and the Aussies.

There's scrums, but they are pretty pointless, as they just feed it through their own players legs anyway. Once in a blue moon, the team who didn't get head and feed win a scrum against all the odds, and it's looked upon as some kind of sporting miracle, like the Maradona hand of god. Rightly so too. Special times.

Less players. More passing. More running. More tries. More everything.

Getting my wisdom teeth taken out on Wednesday :D no more feeling as if my front bottom teeth need to be pulled out to relieve pressure.

After years of braces and a retainer, they were perfectly straight until these bastarding wisdom teeth started coming through. The X-rays look well fucked up, they're growing in horizontal :down:

Yaaaaay.

If anyone has any horror stories about the pain or anything, bugger off and leave me to be ignorant.