aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Flatmate has gone to LA until 20th April. I have the place to myself for over a month.

This is ace-ic because I can now use all the shelves in the fridge, for beers and that.

I'd have a party if I had more than 3 seats for people to sit on.

Hace a party tonight. Can I come? nothing to do...

Went for a run to Milton of Crathes and back. Forgot the D33 ultra was on. Most of the runners, spectators and marshalls didn't notice I wasn't wearing a race number and shouted loads of encouragement for me on my little 5 mile run :D

There was an amusing moment of confusion as I ran straight through the turnaround point where they were taking pictures of every race runner as they turned back for Aberdeen.

Would like to visit Holland one day.

Isn't Dutch very difficult to learn? Made even more tough due to almost everyone speaking very good English.

Yeah, think it could be quite difficult. A lot of the words I was guessing as they sounded like German words, but it was harder than anticipated. That being said, my cousin moved there and started learning Dutch three years ago and seems to be doing quite well with it. He claims he doesn't think he'll be properly fluent for another three years, but I think he's just a perfectionist.

Also ace-ic: Finally got Primavera tickets bought. Now just need to sort travel and accomodation. Was getting paranoid about SeeTickets only saying 'Thursday 26th May', but I guess this is just until you get the wristband or something.

Guest idol_wild

Holland is my favourite country I've visited. Everyone is genuinely happy with their life. Love playing shows there - the audiences really seem to appreciate when bands play, especially in the more provincial towns.

Love the country and the people.

Holland is my favourite country I've visited. Everyone is genuinely happy with their life. Love playing shows there - the audiences really seem to appreciate when bands play, especially in the more provincial towns.

Love the country and the people.

Never met a dutch person I didn't like. Lovely accents and as you said, in general seem quite upbeat and optimistic. Also, most of the ones I've met speak better English than I do. Aren't they the tallest country on average in the world too, or am I talking shite?

Want to go there someday.

Guest idol_wild
Never met a dutch person I didn't like. Lovely accents and as you said, in general seem quite upbeat and optimistic. Also, most of the ones I've met speak better English than I do. Aren't they the tallest country on average in the world too, or am I talking shite?

Want to go there someday.

I can especially recommend Groningen and Den Haag. :up:

Also ace-ic: Finally got Primavera tickets bought. Now just need to sort travel and accomodation. Was getting paranoid about SeeTickets only saying 'Thursday 26th May', but I guess this is just until you get the wristband or something.

Can't wait for this. Only going to the Saturday but it should still be great.

It'll will be a kind of strange experience as any other time I've gone to a festival I've had to do quite a bit of travelling and I've camped out in a muddy field for a few days.

This time I could just cycle from my flat to the venue in 20 mins.

Are you going to just stay for the festival or spend an extra couple of days here too?

I'll also say that Dutch people are great. Met quite a few and they've all been good people.