aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Bleep out the personal stuff then its fine. Only problem after that is that its then just another example of the utter guff that populates YouTube. There should be stringent rules for uploading videos to ensure whats being uploaded is of interest to more than 3 people.

I put this on a par with 'me and my friend lipsynching to Justin bieber' or 'daveo drunk taking a piss lolz'

Really?

You're really shocked that your employer got angry at you not only publicly humiliating a customer and publishing her personal information but also using the company's name in the video title?

xx

EDIT: I don't mean to be a dick and I wish you all the best in the job hunt and all, but surely you can't be surprised...?

Really?

You're really shocked that your employer got angry at you not only publicly humiliating a customer and publishing her personal information but also using the company's name in the video title?

xx

EDIT: I don't mean to be a dick and I wish you all the best in the job hunt and all, but surely you can't be surprised...?

I know what I've done, I've read all the posts. I was pretty ingnorant to the whole issue behind it as I was doing it. As I said hindsight eh?

but yes I'm still in shock because im sitting here with nothing to do feeling weird cause i should be working, perhaps if these comments we're posted earlier i may have had the oppertunity to make amends before the boss discovered it

How did the boss discover it?

Hope it wasn't someone off here. As much as I disagreed with the video being posted online I would hope most of us just expected Fatboy to take it down and realise it was a mistake, not to lose his fucking job over it.

Guest idol_wild
Hope it wasn't someone off here. As much as I disagreed with the video being posted online I would hope most of us just expected Fatboy to take it down and realise it was a mistake, not to lose his fucking job over it.

Agreed.

Yet it's still there...

I guess colleagues from his work are on his Facebook, word gets around work yadda yadda...

correct, clyping

I actually got pulled up 2 weeks ago for puting this facebook

couple of jobs applied for, step down in pay like, but will make up for the stress that my current employers creates

they had ago about this comment saying speaking shite like this about the company, i don't believe this comment does

they also told me if i was unhappy i knew where the door was. but i dont feel i should be pushed to walk out a job, then this happened

correct, clyping

I actually got pulled up 2 weeks ago for puting this facebook

they had ago about this comment saying speaking shite like this about the company, i don't believe this comment does

they also told me if i was unhappy i knew where the door was. but i dont feel i should be pushed to walk out a job, then this happened

Didnt you get a warning recently for selling something at the list price or something equally ludicrous?

yes i sold a throttle body for an old N reg 1.8 mercedes benz c-class

it was on the computer as 15 plus vat which a quoted and sold to the customer, i got called up about it and asked why i didn't increase the price because it was priced too low. sometimes things aren't priced and if you make a price without checking it could come back on you. because the part was priced at 15 on the computer i quoted and sold as normal. They said I should have known to make the part more expensive as i "should have known better" because i stood up for myself this matter they deemed this as attidute and issued me a final warning, i didnt put the price 15 on the computer, the customer could have got any other of my colleauges on the phone an would have got quoted the same price/ the majority of them have been their less time than and are less knowlegeable about parts. beacause it was me who did it and the boss was up ninetynine at the time he made a small issue into a huge one. anyone would have sold that part for the same price and nothing would be said.

i lost count of the numerous times ive added 100+ onto prices of engines because they are priced too cheap, but they never took that into account.

when i went through this they just claimed i had an attitude about it and wasnt doing what i was told

although no meeting was involved to get my side of the story and the managers side, it was just handed to me in an envolpe, so the decision to give me a written warning was one sided

ive been up infront of the MD with the gaffer who lied blue in the face about somthing i did, because the MD has been working with the gaffer for 36 years and are pretty good mates, he will believe anything the gaffer says over anyone, and the worst thing is the gaffer knows this and uses it against you.

when i had issues thinking the gaffer was bullying me i went higher to get something done, buck it came back on me the next day....with help from the gaffer. they must have been laughing and joking about it, he made a sly comment the next day making sure I knew that he was aware of me going upstairs and speaking to someone about him

You should look into how fair they've treated you, maybe this scenerio makes sense but it sounds like you've been dickish in the past.

I'm no expert in employment law, but I reckon secretly recording a customer then posting it on youtube would probably fall into the gross misconduct category.