aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Improvement. Two slices, butter each, put wads of peanut butter on one and wads of nutella on the other, put together into a gooey mess. I call it a Snickers sandwich.

i'm a big fan of a slice of toast with peanut butter coupled with a slice with nutella. why would you add butter as well though? that seems weird.

my wife bought some bannoffee spread which she has on toast. i've not tried it yet but it looks like it has very good potential.

Due to a cancelled class I had a long break at work earlier. Sucks that I lose a little money but I for once used the time really productively and did a whole load of preparation for classes coming up this week. Since I am often unproductive, slow and easily distracted when I do this at home I've given myself quite a bit of extra spare time and don't have to think about work in the mornings this week.

Apart from damn marking, which I might have to do, that belongs in the hate thread though.

My work giving me extra hours and 12 hour shifts.

No seriously.

Had a shite weekend, could be moping around my house but would rather just be working through it all, keeping my head down and my mind off it it. Everythings working out fine!

I think the partially soul-destroying part was when I would comment on a first essay about something they shouldn't be doing; comma splicing or incorrect use of quotation marks or, more commonly, referencing. Then I would get their second essay and there it was again. Not just once or twice, but consistently.

Tutoring first years just confirmed that I do not want to be a teacher/academic when I'm finished my PhD. I got good feedback though, I just didn't enjoy it.

Teaching as a PG was pretty much what made me want to do an academic career. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it's perhaps because I felt like a representative for my subject. And sometimes the students paid attention to the feedback. Not often but it's nice when it happens.

I go a bit mental when they don't do easy stuff that I ask them to do. The worst is when I tell them to put the reference list in alphabetical order and they don't do it for their next essay. I usually refuse to give any feedback when that happens - they just get a bollocking!

Nutelle is ace, I have to stop myself from just eating the whole jar with a spoon whenever I spread my toast :( I love nutella. Ree's peanut butter cups are the best though, whenever I'm near the uni shop in the hub, I have to go in and buy a pack. Fatty...

Aren't they expensive in the hub? I remember in the Hillhead shop they were 80p or something like that.

In the Sainsbury's local in Rosemount 59p for the cups and 61p for nutrageous. At that price it's hard to walk past them. Need to actively avoid the sweet aisle.

My work giving me extra hours and 12 hour shifts.

No seriously.

Had a shite weekend, could be moping around my house but would rather just be working through it all, keeping my head down and my mind off it it. Everythings working out fine!

When I've got the grumps, work is the last place I want to be, as I just can't focus and I'm a cunt to everyone. Would rather be at home, watching sitcoms, or tearing new arseholes on n00bs at FIFA.

I think the partially soul-destroying part was when I would comment on a first essay about something they shouldn't be doing; comma splicing or incorrect use of quotation marks or, more commonly, referencing. Then I would get their second essay and there it was again. Not just once or twice, but consistently.

Tutoring first years just confirmed that I do not want to be a teacher/academic when I'm finished my PhD. I got good feedback though, I just didn't enjoy it.

I am a motherfucker for the old comma-splicing. It is just so damn hard to avoid unless I am getting my concentrate-on. I sympathise with the student, for I suffer from the same afflcition :down:

In response to my "pet hate" rant about the students above me and their water damage to my kitchen ceiling - I get an email from the flat owner asking when would be best for her workmen to come in and repair my ceiling.

My faith in humanity has been restored. I was quite content with fixing it myself (even though I know she should do it).

I am a motherfucker for the old comma-splicing. It is just so damn hard to avoid unless I am getting my concentrate-on. I sympathise with the student, for I suffer from the same afflcition :down:

The reason I'm so good at spotting them in essays is that I used to do it all the time as well. Strangely enough only one lecturer/tutor ever called me up on it. Most of the students were fine after I explained it to them and it helped when I pointed out the page in the Good Writing Guide (my constant companion) that explains it as well. If they bothered to get a copy which maybe a handful did.