aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

This great weather, combined with "Honestly" by Zwan coming on during my lunchtime walk, made me realise how ace things are going for me at the moment:

Going to SxSw with the missus in a couple of weeks.

Being in an ace band with some great friends, putting on shows and stuff.

Going to see an ace band tonight who I'd never thought would play Aberdeen.

Decemberists and a trip to Glasgow at the weekend, woo!!

:)

This is a day I will forever remember as being the best of the year. Oh yes.

I am one good grade away from getting a 2.1 in July.

In three weeks time I'll be working in Washington DC on a work placement for nearly a month.

Les Savy Fav/Young Legionaire/Battery Face tonight at the Tunnels, which is a potential gig of the year already.

Being a far better person, and much happier than I was this time last year. All ace.

The reason I'm so good at spotting them in essays is that I used to do it all the time as well. Strangely enough only one lecturer/tutor ever called me up on it. Most of the students were fine after I explained it to them and it helped when I pointed out the page in the Good Writing Guide (my constant companion) that explains it as well. If they bothered to get a copy which maybe a handful did.

I once commented on comma splicing in four consecutive essays by a student before he did anything about it. That was when I gave him a really low mark. You've got to hit them in the marks sometimes.

<18 = bad mark, 18+ = good.]

Only if you want a first class degree, and only losers get them. I'm all about the 15 and above. A 2.1: "the drinking man's 1st." A 14 is ok, but I'd expect better from KarmaTsunami. I got a 14 for economics last term. Quite disappointed.

• Upvote 1

Only if you want a first class degree, and only losers get them. I'm all about the 15 and above. A 2.1: "the drinking man's 1st." A 14 is ok, but I'd expect better from KarmaTsunami. I got a 14 for economics last term. Quite disappointed.

I did apparently comment that the essay 'showed promise'. I'm all about the positives.

Here here. As long as you don't get a Desmond you're ok.

I'm now trying to figure out who Mr Owl is and having a brain freeze. The only essays I have to hand are MLitt onwards. A 14 is a sadface from me, but since I got a 2:1 in the end and then a Distinction on my MLitt like a boss (including really good grades for courses I had to do then but wouldn't if I'd sat the MLitt a year later. Long story short, Derrida ruined my Christmas but I fucking knocked that essay out the park).

My only guess is DJ Dub.

I'm now trying to figure out who Mr Owl is and having a brain freeze. The only essays I have to hand are MLitt onwards. A 14 is a sadface from me, but since I got a 2:1 in the end and then a Distinction on my MLitt like a boss (including really good grades for courses I had to do then but wouldn't if I'd sat the MLitt a year later. Long story short, Derrida ruined my Christmas but I fucking knocked that essay out the park).

My only guess is DJ Dub.

I'm not DJ Dub, although I'd quite like to be. It was a really long time ago - 2004 I think.

My only guess is DJ Dub.

Derrida ruined Christmas for everyone. According to him all gifts are of a 'circular economy' forever binding us to a never ending cycle of giving and receiving and the idea of 'exchanging' gifts negates the definition of the word itself.

Can't he just leave sunty alone!

Oh sheesh, I would have been first/second year then. Shakespeare and Rev to Rev...possibly Contemporary Scottish Literature, I think that was second semester. Did you have long hair?

No, fairly short. Although I did have long hair when I was a young hooligan, but that was a long time ago. I don't do any of your main subjects. And don't know too much about Derrida either. Probably a blessing.