aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

customer i served today! lucky i recorded it, pretty funny like

YouTube - feel wifey at overton

You should probably remove that from the internet and pretend it never happened.

The legal ramifications of recording conversations - Legal Advice, business advice or business startups and starting a business, with free business e-newsletter

Recording phone calls law. Legality of home phone taps in UK.

Those links deal with phone calls (was this in person? I can't view the video at work) but you're still probably in breach of the data protection act along with some other laws.

You should probably remove that from the internet and pretend it never happened.

The legal ramifications of recording conversations - Legal Advice, business advice or business startups and starting a business, with free business e-newsletter

Recording phone calls law. Legality of home phone taps in UK.

Those links deal with phone calls (was this in person? I can't view the video at work) but you're still probably in breach of the data protection act along with some other laws.

It was in person, he hid his phone out of sight. It's not funny and she tells him a lot of personal details. He's fucked if she finds out basically

Since right now. Wildcard, bitches!

Getting back on topic - It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is Ace-ic.

Yes! Although I've had to start at Season 4. I downloaded 1-3 in the wrong format. Converting them back (which took 2 days!) seems to throw them badly out of sync, to unwatchable extents. I can't seem to find the first 3 seasons in .avi format. That is non Ace-ic.

I can think of no reasons it would be ilegal to record a conversation like that. It couldnt be used as evidence in a court case I would imagine and it's not exactly ethical or trustworthy of you to record your customers but not sure why it would be ilegal?

Recording it and making it publicly available is almost certainly illegal; especially if it contains personal information like phone numbers and addresses. It would probably place Overton in breach of the Data Protection Act.

Recording it and making it publicly available is almost certainly illegal; especially if it contains personal information like phone numbers and addresses. It would probably place Overton in breach of the Data Protection Act.

How could it effect his place of work? They weren't recording it for customer service resons were they? It was just him recording it for his own amusement in which case the buck would stop with him.

How could it effect his place of work? They weren't recording it for customer service resons were they? It was just him recording it for his own amusement in which case the buck would stop with him.

Because it was a customer at his work that he was serving wasn't it (I still haven't watched it, so I'm just going on the comments here)? It was produced at a place of business, by an employee of that business and in the course of that employee's duties.

Because it was a customer at his work that he was serving wasn't it (I still haven't watched it, so I'm just going on the comments here)? It was produced at a place of business, by an employee of that business and in the course of that employee's duties.

You should watch it, I bet it's full of laughs.

Yeah, the illegality doesn't arise by filming; it does when it is uploaded to YouTube and in the public domain.

I thought you had to be made aware of any recording or cctv, that's why so many companies have to put up signs saying there is cctv and phone companies need to tell you they record conversations?

He did it whilst he was at work, serving a customer who gave out details such as her name and number, where she stays etc... A lot of personal info, as well as general ramblings about her life. He could get into a lot of trouble.

Guest idol_wild

I work with highly sensitive and private material on a daily basis in my job, and the Data Protection Act of 1998 is a very important piece of literature. Although it can sometimes be ambiguous.

Had this film avoided the inclusion of private and personal details (for example, the woman's mobile phone number), then it'd be fine to post it in public. However, it doesn't.

From what I understand, if someone is filmed in a public place, perhaps walking along the street, thoroughly inebriated, and that video is uploaded on to the internet, then on face value, no law has been broken. However, if that person being filmed happened to clearly state their personal mobile phone number, then permission must be sought to upload this video on to the public domain. Permission is the key word here.

Had the poster of the video in question received permission from the lady who is featured revealing personal and private data, then there is no problem. If not, then Overton garage could quite easily end up with a legal case on their hands, as it was filmed on their premises.