aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

givemeasmile's Facebook profile picture

I had to go investigate this. He's changed it now, but I found the one you meant. Super.

Ace-ic: FRINGE! Still... Even though it's now coming up to that part where the comedians not doing the whole month are starting to go home and it gets quieter and more depressing...

Graham Knight fixing the PSU for my laptop free of charge. Took it in on Friday and had it back by last night. What a turn around. Sterling gent.

Great guy, he's helped me out a few times too. I hope people continue to support local business like his because you really don't get the same service at some of the larger retailers.

Out of interest, what do you do job-wise?

Is it your intention to find a job in the same field once you're in NY or are you going for a total change?

IT is what I've been doing for a few years but I have minimal interest in it. I want to get into film/tv post production coz I'm good with final cut/avid and that. I've got American citizenship and family over there and always have wanted to move there at some point.. Recently made some editor/producer contacts there too who owe me a favour (I cut a bunch of videos for them whilst they were in scotland for the edin fest) and who can get me freelance work till I can get something steady as an in house editor. It's a proper industry over there so there isn't a lack of opportunities in the field. There's a certain element of winging it but I've got at least one job lined up so gonna take it from there.

IT is what I've been doing for a few years but I have minimal interest in it. I want to get into film/tv post production coz I'm good with final cut/avid and that. I've got American citizenship and family over there and always have wanted to move there at some point.. Recently made some editor/producer contacts there too who owe me a favour (I cut a bunch of videos for them whilst they were in scotland for the edin fest) and who can get me freelance work till I can get something steady as an in house editor. It's a proper industry over there so there isn't a lack of opportunities in the field. There's a certain element of winging it but I've got at least one job lined up so gonna take it from there.

Sounds great. Hope everything works out for you!