aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

My two favourite Simpsons episodes being shown back to back. Hank Scorpio followed by Hungry Hungry Homer. Ace.

"They're moving the team to Albuquerque"

"He's saying "Go 'Topes!"

My favourite episodes are Homer to the Max, where he changes his name to Max Power. Das Bus is also great, for the Bill Gates appearance, and Ralph eating berries and saying "It tastes like burning!"

"They're moving the team to Albuquerque"

"He's saying "Go 'Topes!"

My favourite episodes are Homer to the Max, where he changes his name to Max Power. Das Bus is also great, for the Bill Gates appearance, and Ralph eating berries and saying "It tastes like burning!"

Scorpio ep is indeed a classic but the show was well past it's peak by the time of the others you mention.

Boy Scouts In the Hood or the one where Bart gets a "Bigger Brother" would probably be my top. Conan era FTW.

8 was the last of the golden era for me but the following few seasons are still great and certainly not terrible like the last 9 or 10 seasons.

A favourite moment of mine...

Reporter: Uh, question for the barbeque chef. Don't you think there is an inherent danger in sending underqualified civilians into space?

Homer: I'll field this one. The only danger is if they send us to that terrible Planet of the Apes. Wait a minute...Statue of Liberty...that was _our_ planet! You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!

Also, Das Bus is season 9, definitely not over the hill. There's not a bad episode in season 9. Season 10 is solid too. For me, it doesn't reallt get patchy until 13 onwards, and even then, there's plenty of good.

Disagree, S9 holds the "Jump the Shark" moment for me in Principal and the Pauper. OK, they're still watchable, I'll give you that, but not a patch on what had come before.

There were some great celebrity appearances in the older seasons and often celebrities would guest as a one off character rather than themselves like Meryl Streep as Lovejoy's daughter or Patrick Stewart in the Stonecutters.

The worst thing about the newer episodes has to be the move towards family guy "random" style humour. Sober Barney too of course.

Season 9 did have some absolute classic episodes. Homer having to pick up his car from New York, the pee wee football episode, the movementarians, the three trillion dollar bill and Homer being sanitation commissioner.