aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

My brother is ace-ic. He's 15 and was playing football for Inverurie Locos u19's on Saturday against Ellon. He was telling me that some guy in the opposition kept grabbing his bum at free-kicks who was in his mid 20's, so he eventually snapped and called the boy a paedophile. Cue very repressed man starting a fight with a boy 10 years younger than him. Apparently he got sent off.

The first of many Fringe visits kicking off next Wednesday. Bring me the comedy.

... and the 5am licensing. Gotta love the Fringe.

Any suggestions by the way? Only one I want to see is Tim Key. I've become a bit disenfranchised with comedy of late (am I the only person who doesn't find Jim Jeffries funny?) but Tim Key makes me laugh. Him and Miles Jupp.

... and the 5am licensing. Gotta love the Fringe.

Any suggestions by the way? Only one I want to see is Tim Key. I've become a bit disenfranchised with comedy of late (am I the only person who doesn't find Jim Jeffries funny?) but Tim Key makes me laugh. Him and Miles Jupp.

Yes! I love the 5am licensing, it always makes it easier when you find yourself with nowhere to stay!

Tim Key yes! Miles Jupp, hooray!

Hmm... The ones I'm most concerned with seeing are Stewart Lee, Richard Herring, David O'Doherty, Bridget Christie (StewLee's wife), The Actor Kevin Eldon, Robin Ince, Simon Munnery and Paul Foot.

Karaoke Circus is on for one night only and is going to be good too. Comedians doing karaoke backed by a full band, always fun.

Also worth a look at, funny newbies Joe Lycett (saw him last year and he won the Chortle Student of the year, very charming guy) and Andrew Ryan who are doing a show together for free. And The Lunchtime Club at the Tron is only a fiver and was pretty good for some annoyingly funny young people last year too.

I'm going to shut up now though, because I'll just start listing things and it'll get even more boring than the above.

I was there for the last two nights, it was superb. I saw these people who were all excellent:

Paul Sinha, Jon Richardson, Arj Barker, Mark Watson, Stewart Lee, Pappy's sketch group, Alan Cochrane and then finished up at The Late Show with bits from Henning Wehn, Arj Barker (again but still hella funny) and Brendan Burns.

Super awesome couple of days. Proper Ace-ic.

Yes! I love the 5am licensing, it always makes it easier when you find yourself with nowhere to stay!

Tim Key yes! Miles Jupp, hooray!

Hmm... The ones I'm most concerned with seeing are Stewart Lee, Richard Herring, David O'Doherty, Bridget Christie (StewLee's wife), The Actor Kevin Eldon, Robin Ince, Simon Munnery and Paul Foot.

Karaoke Circus is on for one night only and is going to be good too. Comedians doing karaoke backed by a full band, always fun.

Also worth a look at, funny newbies Joe Lycett (saw him last year and he won the Chortle Student of the year, very charming guy) and Andrew Ryan who are doing a show together for free. And The Lunchtime Club at the Tron is only a fiver and was pretty good for some annoyingly funny young people last year too.

I'm going to shut up now though, because I'll just start listing things and it'll get even more boring than the above.

Cheers Kirsten.

I went to Late n' Live last night. That was an experience! (stand up that starts at 1am = rowdiest, most pissed up crowd ever) A lot of rosey cheeked Oxbridge Tarquin cunts in the audience who thought they were good at heckling got put firmly in their place! I've forgotten the names of the comedians now. Most of them were fairly bog standard but the atmosphere was quality. One guy stood out who i'm sure you'll know and can tell me his name: a tall, skinny yorkshire guy with massive hair, like really massive. He had a routine that had me in stitches about how it'd be great if Boots the chemist was layed out anatomically. Said he was looking for pile cream, got to the tampax section and automatically assumed it'd be stocked round the other side. You had to be there, obviously.

Spent the whole day yesterday blagging tickets which is surprisingly easy, especially at the beginning of the festival. Got about 30 quids worth of comedy for nothing. The fringe is indeed ace-ic.

No worries. Sounds good! Can't think of who the Yorkshireman might have been though... Where about were you doing your free ticket blagging? If you hang around the Pleasance Courtyard long enough, there tends to sometimes be freebies.

On a train to Edinburgh now. Can't wait.

Some guy getting on the train at Aberdeen this morning wearing a T shirt with a slogan along the lines of This T shirt may feature use of the word CUNT in big bold black and white letters.

I like to imagine he is heading to work on dress down Friday, pushing the boundaries of some namby-pamby HR policies that are trying to give people an excessive amount of room for personal expression.

Sadly in reality I suspect he is just a twat.

Some guy getting on the train at Aberdeen this morning wearing a T shirt with a slogan along the lines of This T shirt may feature use of the word CUNT in big bold black and white letters.

I like to imagine he is heading to work on dress down Friday, pushing the boundaries of some namby-pamby HR policies that are trying to give people an excessive amount of room for personal expression.

Sadly in reality I suspect he is just a twat.

Used to get knobs going around in "Jesus is a C***"* t-shirts, think it was some death metal thing.

*Have no problem with the "C" word normally, just feel uncomfortable using it in that context.