aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Public holidays are banging. Made the most of mine today. Drove down to Glen Clova to bag a couple of Munros. Stopped for a sandwich in Corrie Fee on the way down, which is, frankly, one of the most stunning places I've ever been. Headed back to Kirriemuir for an "award-winning" ice cream. Then went to my mate's on the way home for "a cup of tea," which turned into a roast chicken dinner. Lovely stuff. Tremendous. 

• Upvote 1

Public holidays are banging. Made the most of mine today. Drove down to Glen Clova to bag a couple of Munros. Stopped for a sandwich in Corrie Fee on the way down, which is, frankly, one of the most stunning places I've ever been. Headed back to Kirriemuir for an "award-winning" ice cream. Then went to my mate's on the way home for "a cup of tea," which turned into a roast chicken dinner. Lovely stuff. Tremendous. 

Very jealous. Would love to have been up Mayer and Dreish instead of in the office today. We're planning to do them at the weekend but looks like it might be pissing down.

Very jealous. Would love to have been up Mayer and Dreish instead of in the office today. We're planning to do them at the weekend but looks like it might be pissing down.

Yeah, it's a great wee walk. First I've done around Glen Clova. Very cloudy up-top though, so zero views. A bit disappointing -- will definitely be going down there on a nicer day. Corrie Fee is something else.

Yeah, it's a great wee walk. First I've done around Glen Clova. Very cloudy up-top though, so zero views. A bit disappointing -- will definitely be going down there on a nicer day. Corrie Fee is something else.

We walked up Corrie Fee a couple of years ago but it was late autumn and we didn't leave enough time to do the munros, though we got most of the way up the first one before we turned back.  

If you start from the Clova hotel there's a great walk up to Loch Brandy as well with an option of a walk up to Ben Tirran too.  

I've been to Kirrie a few times and never heard of this award winning ice cream. Went to a place not too far away called Titanic and got pizza though. That was delicious. Tasted like angels. Hot cheesy angels.

Think it's called Kurriemuir. Much of a muchness really. Unfortunately it was too early to sample said establishment, and I'm not sure if I ever want to go back after seeing the Peter Pan statue.

Kirriemuir,_Peter_Pan_Statue.jpg

Properly ruined my day, that. I was expecting something as incredible as Dundee's swaggering Desperate Dan statue -- instead, I got some little green pube noncing around with a flute. Total bullshit. Fuck Kirriemuir. 

• Upvote 4

Think it's called Kurriemuir. Much of a muchness really. Unfortunately it was too early to sample said establishment, and I'm not sure if I ever want to go back after seeing the Peter Pan statue.

Kirriemuir,_Peter_Pan_Statue.jpg

Properly ruined my day, that. I was expecting something as incredible as Dundee's swaggering Desperate Dan statue -- instead, I got some little green pube noncing around with a flute. Total bullshit. Fuck Kirriemuir. 

There's plans to build a statue of Bon Scott in Kirrie at some point, that would hopefully show the boy who never grew up how it should be fucking done.

At least you managed to avoid going to JM Barrie's house. If you're ever back in Kirrie and feel tempted to go there, don't bother. However I do recommend the Camera Obscura on a nice day.

Apart from that the best thing about Kirrie is the road to the glens as you've already discovered.

Mushrooms. Isn't it funny how you can go your whole life and absolutely despise something, then one day you have some and it suddenly tastes awesome? That's me with mushrooms. In the space of like 6 weeks I've gone from shuddering every time I find one lurking in my food, to "has this got mushrooms in it? No? Then take it the fuck away and bring me something that does". I put mushrooms in everything now,