aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Mushrooms. Isn't it funny how you can go your whole life and absolutely despise something, then one day you have some and it suddenly tastes awesome? That's me with mushrooms. In the space of like 6 weeks I've gone from shuddering every time I find one lurking in my food, to "has this got mushrooms in it? No? Then take it the fuck away and bring me something that does". I put mushrooms in everything now,

Mushrooms are probably the most awful thing in existence, however the principle you describe happened to me with olives about three or four months ago. Fucking love the things now.

Mushrooms are probably the most awful thing in existence, however the principle you describe happened to me with olives about three or four months ago. Fucking love the things now.

I did it years ago with Jack Daniels too. I couldn't abide the stuff, if someone accidentally bought me it in a bar I couldn't even drink it, it tasted that awful. Then one night I was round at a mate's house and he didn't have any drink other than JD. Of course, being Scottish, drink I hate is better than no drink, so I accepted and it was like drinking beautiful rainbows. So weird. It wasn't even a gradual thing, like sometimes you'll keep persevering with something you dislike until you get used to the taste of it and grow to like it, it just happened seemingly overnight, like my taste buds changed.

It was probably aliens.

Eating a dominoes mustardy hot dog crust and watching who framed Roger Rabbit in my pants wearing an Alf T-shirt. Fuck all y'all.

I watched who framed roger rabbit the other day. I reckon if I'd watched that when it was released it would have blown my mind. Also, the guy at the end still terrifies me.

Canna believe the swanny is defunct.

Where was the cinema?

I always assumed you were born and bred. Having a wee cry now.

Only moved in from Belger. Hardly the other side of the world. The cinema was in the Dalyrymple Hall one night a week and a Saturday morning in the 80s. There used to be two cinemas in the Broch, one where the bingo hall is now and one next to Murray Mackies, long long before our time though. I think they both shut in the 60s.

Yesterday, I received the test pressing for the Seas, Starry album (there is a photo on the Facebook, if you are so inclined) and it's sounding really good. Personally, I am delighted to have this plastic black disk that has music that the band laboured on for what seems like eternity. Now I am super excited to get the finished LP's and let people hear the album that we've put so much effort into making.

• Upvote 6

Izzy dog finally getting over a very bad viral infection is ace-ic. Last night was the first night in a week that i havent been up cleaning up diarrhea and sick during the night, so the other ace-ic thing was getting a real nights sleep for a change, oh and my cat finally, after 7 weeks, figured out that her cat flap doesnt just open from the outside, she can actually get out of it from inside the flat.

So a triple whammy for me! 

• 3 weeks later...

Went up Ben Macdui for the third time yesterday. The summit's been completely covered in cloud on previous occasions, so I'd not been able to see anything at the top. Yesterday was perfect: sunny intervals, high cloud level, warm breezes. 

10359102_10154198779235621_5821980861054

Ace-ic.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...