aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

House of Cards episode 11.

I've had the feeling for the last few episodes that Meechum (how the hell do you spell this? I'm going by Wikipedia...) was going to be wooed by Frank in some way but didn't think it would actually happen because everything Frank does is for a reason and that just seemed mental and random. With all tv shows, if any two characters suddenly become friends, I exclaim "THEY SHOULD GET MARRIED!" so my boyfriend is used to my stupid outbursts. Watching episode 11, as Claire was bandaging up Meechum's hand, I joked, "THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE A THREESOME!" and then ten minutes later, we were both watching confused as that started to happen.

'Sake, television. Where is this going? What are you up to, Underwoods? Exciting!

A combination of today starting with a hangover, having no plans for the entire day and the show being so good have meant me completely failing to have any restraint. I'm probably going to finish it tonight. 

Episode 11 

the secret service guy threesome was a completely what the fuck moment. I can't think of any other reason for it either. The only really significant mis-step of the season.

Just went back and read this.

I thought it was really jarring but figured that was just as I've not seen any more, so thought it might make sense later, but your post is making me think that there was no reason behind it. The hell, Underwoods?

Finished House of Cards and it was great.

I love Claire and Francis. I'm going to start acting like a total horrible bastard and then everything will start to go my way.

Would have been quite nice to see Frank go to jail, though. Imagine how vengeful he would have been after a few years in prison...

Also I've run out of Nurse Jackie on Netflix as it only has series 1-3. A-boooo... Gloria Akalitus is my hero.
(EDIT) I don't know why this is showing on top of the spoiler box. It isn't a spoiler...
Edited by kirsten

Season two is the best. I thought I'd love season three, but it's a bit "meh" in places.

Loving True Detective at the moment, watched the first 3 episodes and eager to see more. It's a slow starter but you are left wanting more.

I really like series 1 but I lost interest halfway through series 2 and didn't bother finishing it. I may have another go at it purely out of love for Jessica Lange. I actually went old school on it and watched it on telly, with a week between episodes. Fuck doing that again. What is this, 2008?

Only one more episode of True Detective to go, I can't wait to see how it all wraps up next week.

Aside from the couple of shows I've been watching one episode a week I've been lacking something to watch lately. I wanted something I could just put an episode on during free time at home. Something that wouldn't demand my full attention and I could put on when doing stuff online etc. So I downloaded the first seasons of The X-Files and Buffy. Should keep me going for ages if I get into them again and feel like going through the seasons.

Been watching Dexter recently as it seems i missed all the hype when it came out. So, question in spoiler for those who have seen past season 2. 

What happens to this english, sponsor quine? She's annoying as fuck. Please tell me she turns out to be a right nasty fucker and Dexter cuts her up into pieces?

Additional info: I'm on Se 2 Ep 6, so not that far in, but i'd really some info on whether this girls buggers off or not because she's bugging my happiness.

Don't worry, she gets sorted out. At least she gets her boobs out regularly though. 

Last episode of True Detective was great, concluded the season excellently. There haven't been many better seasons of television than that.

Really?

I was pretty let down by it.

I didn't need to see everyone involved in the rituals arrested/killed, but the creator told the press that we would all get answers - well why did Lange get killed after becoming part of the cult and why was her body left in such a public place?  Who were all of the others in the group, how did it come to be etc... What about Holt's daughter, with her dolls being set up like the crime scenes and her acting out?  Throwing the crown up into the tree seemed pretty sumbolic, but now it just seems to have been a scene they put in for the sake of it.  A lot was left unanswered, with a rushed ending. It just felt as if they had spent ages building up to this big finale, and realised they had ran out of time.

Everything leading up to the last episode was great, and I've so enjoyed it. 

Edited by Slutbags McGee

I got all I wanted from it. The show was always about the relationship of the two detectives more than the case. However I'd still say the case was resolved satisfactorily. I don't really think any extra information about Dora Lange is necessary.

It seems like there were a lot of people online who were looking for clues and wanting to find things which had extra significance as if the show was LOST or something. I'm very happy the show didn't go down that route.

The Dora Lange killing bugged me just because Rust asked out loud why she was different - why point it out if it wasn't important?

I loved the development of the relationship and the loyalty, but just felt the case the characters had put so much into was ignored in the finale for a quick fix.

Basically, I wanted more :(

Just got onto ep6 on season 3 of Dexter. 

Prado just sussed out that Dexter's a killer. If what we've seen so far as anything to go by, he'll be deed before long then. When does Deb find out he's a killer? Her preachy bullshit is really starting to get on my nerves, not to mention the predictability and repetitiveness of her character. She's not even hot. I've seen lamp posts with more curves than her

Ahhh - the end of season 3 is a good one - some big moments in the final few episodes! It's a time before the dynamic with Deb changes that much, but she does become less whiny and irritating over seasons 4 and 5. By the end she's a fucking total badass and one of my favourite characters.

xx