aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Id imagine more people get drunk this friday than any other, just because theyre not meant to.

What about the hardcore alcoholics who live tinny to tinny. Thursday must be the biggest day of the year for them having to stock up.

Aye. The offies do a roaring trade on the Thursday before. It's mental. People stock up as though they're banning alcohol for a month. Unfortunately all I have in is a few cans of out of date Tennents and the dregs of a bottle of cheap rum. I'm in work tomorrow anyway so I would only had a few but I like a post-work pint on a Friday night. It's been really nice today as well. Prime beer garden weather.

Moving flat/house.

My lease is up in 2 months and we fully expect our rent to go up to an unjustifiable amount which puts us in the position of having to find somewhere new. I half want to stay put because our flat is really rather good for where we live (high ceilings, back garden (which is pretty much unheard of), plenty of storage space, etc). I just can't face finding a new place. It's a total nightmare here in Poland. It's eye-wateringly expensive for starters and there seems to be no parity. You'll talk to someone who pays tuppence ha'penny for a massive place in a great location, then their neighbor is paying 10 times as much for a cupboard. The agents are fucking cut-throat too. They try and squeeze every penny out of you and it's very difficult to find somewhere that doesn't need a fortune put down before you even move in. (first, last and 2 months security deposit + agent's fee isn't uncommon). I just can't be done with it all, but where you lay your head down at night is so important so I have to give it a lot of time and effort. I feel like the older I get, the more picky I am too.

Yeah it's a ballache. There's seemingly no rules when it comes to renting here. Unless you're in a rent controlled/stabilized place (which we aren't and they're very hard to find) the landlord can hike up your rent whenever they feel like it. We got our place about 3 years ago when our area was fairly sparse and it was actually a really good deal with no extra fees, now it's awash with bars and shops so we've seen our rent go up $400 in that time, and probably another $200 when our lease is up. If we were to look for a comparable/slightly better place in the same area we'd be looking at $2000/month minimum which would mean putting around $8000 down in a oner which is a huge dent however you look at it. In the same way people talk about the weather back home, people talk about apartments here.. for good reason. You're constantly comparing where you live, how much your rent is, how much space you have, etc. Definitely a down-side of living in such a greedy, money-driven city.

People who chop up there food in to smalll bits before eating it. Salad for one thing, spag bol is another...FFS! Cut and eat, cut and eat...there's no need to attack the bloody stuff like some sort of mad person.

Could be just me of course.

On that note....people who cut their food up and then transfer the fork to their other hand before eating.............learn to use the kit!! I blame it on Big Mac, KFC, Pizza Hut etc where people tend to use their fingers instead of a forking knife.

NOTE: Sorry if you have some sort of aliment that doesn't allow you to use both hand when using a fork and knife.

People who chop up there food in to smalll bits before eating it. Salad for one thing, spag bol is another...FFS! Cut and eat, cut and eat...there's no need to attack the bloody stuff like some sort of mad person.

Could be just me of course.

On that note....people who cut their food up and then transfer the fork to their other hand before eating.............learn to use the kit!! I blame it on Big Mac, KFC, Pizza Hut etc where people tend to use their fingers instead of a forking knife.

NOTE: Sorry if you have some sort of aliment that doesn't allow you to use both hand when using a fork and knife.

Can't not picture you sitting across the table from your other half while you calmly type this out on your phone.

• Upvote 1

Me too. A lot of the time I don't even use a knife, I just cut things with side of my fork. 

I don't seem to have a problem with that...I do it myself from time to time depending on the meal. It's just the people who attack the plate of food as though they are 'Master Chef' dicing a cabbage.

A strange thing is though that after working abroad I often use a spoon and fork to eat my meal if it's curry or a rice based dish.......Hmmmm!!!