aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Currently dealing with a lazy cunt, I lent a guy one of my acoustics kindly for a few days. He refuses and I mean utterly refuses to come to mine and give it back as he can't be bothered. Now it's basic manners if you borrow something you give it back. So now I have to walk down to Hilton to get my own acoustic that I lent him back.

Pet hate~ lazy cunts.

Currently dealing with a lazy cunt, I lent a guy one of my acoustics kindly for a few days. He refuses and I mean utterly refuses to come to mine and give it back as he can't be bothered. Now it's basic manners if you borrow something you give it back. So now I have to walk down to Hilton to get my own acoustic that I lent him back.

Pet hate~ lazy cunts.

Just another life lesson Moon Moon, don't lend things to people.

Being on call. It's the number one thing I absolutely fucking hate about my job. Just been looking at my rota (currently one week in three) for rest of the year and noticed that a few of the races I've entered conflict with my on call rota. Which means a massive ball ache trying to persuade one of the other two guys to swap or not doing the races. 

Being on call. It's the number one thing I absolutely fucking hate about my job. Just been looking at my rota (currently one week in three) for rest of the year and noticed that a few of the races I've entered conflict with my on call rota. Which means a massive ball ache trying to persuade one of the other two guys to swap or not doing the races. 

Do you not get payed for your on call?

I have to do 1 in 5 but it's, cashmoneybenjamins so I don't mind.

Do you not get payed for your on call?

I have to do 1 in 5 but it's, cashmoneybenjamins so I don't mind.

We do. The money is OK but after doing it for 10 years I'm pretty fucked off with it as a general concept.  1 in 3 is brutal, especially when a lot of the things I enjoy doing (cycling, hill running and hillwalking) involve being out of mobile signal.  Have to stay within an hour of Aberdeen for the whole week and stay sober.  Means when I'm planning other things like holidays, weekends away or just going to gigs or seeing friends there's massive chunks of my calendar that are no go areas.  Would much rather have my spare time back rather than the money.

We do. The money is OK but after doing it for 10 years I'm pretty fucked off with it as a general concept.  1 in 3 is brutal, especially when a lot of the things I enjoy doing (cycling, hill running and hillwalking) involve being out of mobile signal.  Have to stay within an hour of Aberdeen for the whole week and stay sober.  Means when I'm planning other things like holidays, weekends away or just going to gigs or seeing friends there's massive chunks of my calendar that are no go areas.  Would much rather have my spare time back rather than the money.

what do you work as? This happens with me at times where they give me a few days off then tell me they might phone me instantly canceling my plans. Usually since I don't find my job useful in life if they phone and I'm busy 9/10 times I won't answer it turn my phone off

what do you work as? This happens with me at times where they give me a few days off then tell me they might phone me instantly canceling my plans. Usually since I don't find my job useful in life if they phone and I'm busy 9/10 times I won't answer it turn my phone off

IT for a large oil services company. If I turn my phone off and there's a problem I could probably lose my job. I'm paid extra to hold the phone and the business pays our department for that level of cover out of normal business hours, so it's not something I can just answer on a whim.

I had a different ringtone for work when I Was ad-hoc. Pretty sure I always answered it though as I was a greedy cunt.

Thank fuck I'm not ad-hoc anymore. It's the biggest pile of shite known to man.

"Special dispensation". Cunts.

Although relatively steady, I'm still fairly ad-hoc so I still get the fear when my phone rings.  Aberdeen numbers always get treated to voicemail though, for old time's sake.

It didn't help that when I was in the skip and ship game, it mainly consisted of hungry bastards who seemed to prefer being on prison island than being at home.

I have little time for anyone who claims that they'd rather be busy than sitting on their arse watching Iron Man 3 for the 5th time.  Losers.

• Upvote 3

People in my office are often saying they're glad to be back at work after long weekends or the Christmas break, because they get bored. What quality of life they must have if their own free time bores them to the extent of wanting to come back to work. Wastes of life.

• Upvote 2

People in my office are often saying they're glad to be back at work after long weekends or the Christmas break, because they get bored. What quality of life they must have if their own free time bores them to the extent of wanting to come back to work. Wastes of life.

I'm fucking gutted to be back at work. These long weekends are a horrible fucking tease. The only downside to the bank holiday was turning on the TV to watch Pointless, then finding out that I was half an hour too early. Cameron's Britain.

• Upvote 1

I'm fucking gutted to be back at work. These long weekends are a horrible fucking tease. The only downside to the bank holiday was turning on the TV to watch Pointless, then finding out that I was half an hour too early. Cameron's Britain.

I did that too, then ended up not watching Pointless at all. I even had to work yesterday so it wasn't a long weekend for me. What a crock.