aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

My genuine pet hate is these gay people who are loud and proud, nothing against it as I'm gay myself but the other day one of the loud and proud ones shouted in the corridor to a straight guy "I want to give you a blow job" I hate this as it's really putting a stereotypical of all gay men being all feminine and shouting and clearly gay through this.

I guess with gay kids having to repress their sexuality so much for fear of being bullied, it kinda makes sense that they'd want to shout it from the rooftops once they stop having to hide who they are?

I see what you're saying - that kind of behavior can really reinforce "backs again the wall" type homophobia, but I guess everyone expresses their sexuality in their own way.

xx

• Upvote 1

I guess with gay kids having to repress their sexuality so much for fear of being bullied, it kinda makes sense that they'd want to shout it from the rooftops once they stop having to hide who they are?

I see what you're saying - that kind of behavior can really reinforce "backs again the wall" type homophobia, but I guess everyone expresses their sexuality in their own way.

xx

It's just an act though, I've heard him talk normal he's more manly than me for fuck sake. Edited by YoungA

"I want to give you a blowjob!!" - Chuck Norris.

in all fairness the guy can do what he likes but he's so irritating doing his really high pitched voice when he's got a really deep voice. The most annoying thing is he gets away with everything because teachers are scared they offend him as he's gay. My plan for next time I get shouted at is I'm going to say "is this because I'm gay" just to see if it works
  • Upvote 1

If you're making the coffee in a cafetiere at home you really should be able to recognise another one when you see it......

Well, excuse me.  I didn't know that "cafetiere" is a word exclusively for that specific coffee thing I have at home - you know I thought it maybe could have been a bigger version of something that did the same job - I don't like coffee, so have never shown any interest in how the good stuff is made, or what the paraphernalia is called.  I just know that that thing we have at home is a cafetiere because it said so on the box.

Well, excuse me.  I didn't know that "cafetiere" is a word exclusively for that specific coffee thing I have at home - you know I thought it maybe could have been a bigger version of something that did the same job - I don't like coffee, so have never shown any interest in how the good stuff is made, or what the paraphernalia is called.  I just know that that thing we have at home is a cafetiere because it said so on the box.

Two days is far too late for a snippy comeback - we're on to who is or isn't a good homosexual now.

Edited by colb

This grievance popped into my head today. I can't be doing with people who comment on music you are listening to as "depressing", as if listening to it will have you slitting your wrists after 5 minutes. I wonder if these folk can only listen to happy music in case their fragile and malleable brains interpret the emotion of the music literally and retreat to a corner for a good cry. I guess they only ever listen to "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. Even using the term happy is myself over generalising, but I've met far too many people who categorise music as either good or depressing. Depressing seems to be any type of music less than 90 bpm, as it's not like I'm blasting out "Berlin" by Lou Reed 24 hours a day. Not recently anyway.

• Upvote 4

This grievance popped into my head today. I can't be doing with people who comment on music you are listening to as "depressing", as if listening to it will have you slitting your wrists after 5 minutes. I wonder if these folk can only listen to happy music in case their fragile and malleable brains interpret the emotion of the music literally and retreat to a corner for a good cry. I guess they only ever listen to "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. Even using the term happy is myself over generalising, but I've met far too many people who categorise music as either good or depressing. Depressing seems to be any type of music less than 90 bpm, as it's not like I'm blasting out "Berlin" by Lou Reed 24 hours a day. Not recently anyway.

Calm down emo.

• Upvote 1