aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I immediately thought of that video when reading Scorge's post

Pet hate- the number 3 bus route from mastrick to cove

Nah, you're way off. The number 3 is comfortably the best route First have - being able to get to the ARI from town is very useful for many people plus it goes past the train station AND the Tesco/Lidl on Wellington Road. I don't see how you can diss it.

This converstion was sponsored by cool thinker.

They are not as bad as the kids who sit on the back of the bus blasting out their shite happy hardcore pop covers through the shit iphone speaker. Its enough to give you a migraine. 

Do kids today really listen to happy hardcore?

see if you work in an office...PUT. YOUR. MOBILE. ON. SILENT.

This fucking jangly murder mystery esque tone keeps going off on this woman's phone across from me every 5-10 minutes...for the last 6 months.

This fucking jangly murder mystery esque tone keeps going off on this woman's phone across from me every 5-10 minutes...for the last 6 months.

The "noise pollution" in offices does my nut in.  I don't think that work phones should be on silent, but they should only make a noise if ringing.  And, they should only go "ring ring".  No stupid tunes.  I'm surrounded by people with phones beeping, and pinging every time someone gets a reminder, e-mail, text, whatever.  And then you get the person who leaves their phone on their desk and fuck off to a meeting.  And the person phoning them doesn't understand the concept of leaving a fucking voicemail and just rings them and rings them and rings them presumably until their battery runs out.  The ringtone on that phone is always some ridiculous song.

I could not suffer this sort of thing.  Have you told her that it's going under your boot if it doesn't end immediately?  These creatures do not deal in subtlety.

Unless she's deaf.

I dropped out of college due to medical reasons. They billed me for the full course. I emailed saying that I'd be happy paying for what I've done (3 classes, no assessments). The woman in charge asked for proof of the illness. I sent her a sick line from the doctor. Never heard back from her. Woke up this morning to a letter from Glaswegian Debt collectors telling me to pay up in 7 days. Which from the date of the letter is the 24th. That's when the woman at college is back in the office after a holiday. Fuck sake.

Is it not quite hard to reverse the process once something's went to a debt agency? I might be wrong but I seem to remember hearing this.

Not trying to harsh your mellow or anything...

Yeah. I'm hoping it's been a mix up or something. Like someone at the college has seen that I haven't paid and got in touch with them without talking to the woman I was emailling. 

Luckily my credit card limit went up by the exact amount I have to pay, so if I'm told tough titties at least I can pay it without being skint. 

Contact the debt collector immediately and explain that the amount is still in dispute with the college. Ask them to put a hold on the account until such time as you've had it resolved. Basically give them a full explanation and that may help you in the future if things go to shit. It will also go some way to trying to keep your credit rating intact.

• Upvote 2

I think it depends on the last attendance date of the course, I think - I asked to complete my second year of college at home, if possible, and was told to come in for a visit.  Mean tutor marked it as attendance, didn't actually sort anything out and told me I had been taken off of the course a week after.  Turns out, he'd done it so they would get the tuition for the year, as it was just after the cut-off date.  I explained this to SAAS and the college when it fucked up me paying for my first year at uni, and they sorted it out.

Pet hate when that one morning you loose your headphones then a kid sits next to you and blares his music as loud as possible on the bus. I was tempted to grab his phone and shove it where the sun don't shine.

I'd look on it as a blessing. That's a few Boyce Avenue songs you've saved yourself listening to, you'll probably live longer.

• Upvote 1