aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I've been a member of Linked In for ages but bever use it properly. I don't really get what I'm meant to do. I create a profile, fill it in with all the stuff I've done and qualifications and things, then what?

You wait. I think it all depends on whether or not you are actively looking to change jobs.

I've been a member of Linked In for ages but bever use it properly. I don't really get what I'm meant to do. I create a profile, fill it in with all the stuff I've done and qualifications and things, then what?

Then...wait. When someone's searching for suitable candidates for a vacancy your name will pop up if your relevant experience/skills matches their search. Also a good idea to join general discussion groups about your industry/area of expertise (I have joined but never contribute), and there are job boards too I think if you are actively looking for something.

Pretty much just wait as others have said. Useful to add/friend/connect colleagues and people you've worked with in the past. I find that recruiters go through people they know and click through their connections to get to me. Then they just send me notes and requests about jobs that they think I might be interested in.

Also get the occasional sales call to the office, usually unrelated to my job. They just search LinkedIN for someone who works at my company in IT then call the main reception to get put through to me.

To be honest you might find it useful if you want to escape call centre hell.

In fairness, working in a call centre really isn't that bad. Poor wages aside, I actually quite like my job, and I'm fucking good at it. It's the vendor company that I work for who are the problem, the shower of shits. It's ridiculous some of they shit they pull.

In fairness, working in a call centre really isn't that bad. Poor wages aside, I actually quite like my job, and I'm fucking good at it. It's the vendor company that I work for who are the problem, the shower of shits. It's ridiculous some of they shit they pull.

Are you still having your toliet breaks monitored?

• Upvote 1