aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Christmas is a shitty time to have a problem with your rented property. From experience, you just have to live with it until everyone has finished rejoicing the baby jesus, which is usually at somepoint in the middle of January.

I still have a leak, which started last week during that rain that never stopped, ever. The agents contractors are off until January 3rd, so I just have to wait until then. GREAT!

Guest Giles Walker

This must have already been done, but i rarely come in this thread tbh.

People wearing pajamas as clothes, in public. I have started noticing this more and more recently.

Cutting about in supermarkets with a jacket covering your jim-jams, at 8pm or something. Also, girls wearing their PJs with those god awful ugg boots, it is mainly women i spot wearing pajamas in public now i think of it, though i have seen guys rocking this look coupled with trainers with no socks on.

I was in a bar the other night that actually encouraged people to turn up in their pajamas, shit was not baller at all.

When was it decided that this was acceptable?

I was in asda at about 1am the other week and you could see the outline of some dudes junk through his jogging bottoms, is this just how things are now? I don't really want to be buying reduced baked goods whilst seeing some jakey dude with his unsupported penis and balls jiggling around in his bed time clothes.

I don't want to be too judgemental, because people can do what they want as far as i am concerned,but when i leave the house to go and do 'adult' things, i feel a small responsibility to dress the part. I'm not going to go and put my car in for an MOT dressed in my crocodile onesie, i can happily take the 2 minutes to put on my grown man clothes for this.

I guess it is the mindset of these people that troubles me the most, do any of you do this?

• Upvote 5

"Geek", "Dork" and "Nerd" t-shirts. Seeing alot of girls walking around with t-shirts with one of those 3 words plastered across the front. I'm led to believe they're from Topshop or something.

You're none of them. You probably don't even know your 9 times table. And you probably used all 3 words as insults all throughout school which you finished a whole 2 years ago.

It should instead say "Cunt", "Twat" or "Sheep" on your shirt.

And when the fuck did "punk" become fashionable? I mean, punks always had its own fashion sense but now every daft tshirt-mentioned-above wearing shitcunt is also wearing leather jackets with studded shoulders. Is this cos Lady Gaga wore a Gism and Doom jacket? Is it Chris Brown and Lil Wayne's fault? Why the fuck are you wearing a jacket that you used to slag "goths" for wearing?? Because its "in season"?? Get fucked, you fucking hypocrite. I bet you also slagged off folk with mohawks but have now paid £40 to get the side of your head shaved.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??

I hate people.

• Upvote 1

Guest Giles Walker
It's not an adult onesie.

I frankly have little time for anyone that gives a fuck about what anyone chooses (or possibly has) to wear, bar the above. Ban the Burka and all that, eh.

Can you elaborate please? What's not an adult onesie? You don't have time for me because i find people wearing their pajamas in public mildly gadz? "Bar the above" meaning 'adult onsie's'? Punk/goth clothes worn by kids? Pajamas in public?

Not trying to wind you up here, i just found your post a touch ambiguous.

I don't really mind what people wear, i just find the idea of, say, coming home from work and getting into your pajamas, then walking outside in your pjs to your car (or along a pavement) and walking around in a shop kinda gross.

What are you going to do later? Get into bed in those clothes? Covered in all the filth you have accumulated from being out and about? Do people buy special pjs for going outside in? Is that a thing now?

I mean, i have witnessed far worse from my times being a student, but i still think it is laughably gadz.

I've taken to onesies quite a bit. I got one for Christmas and said I'd probably never wear it, then one night it was really cold so I put it on before I went to bed. Damn if it wasn't just like getting a nice warm hug all night. Great sleepwear. I've been wearing it a lot. I wore it to the shops on New Years Eve, though I pulled a pair of jeans and a jumper over it so that doesn't count.

Guest Giles Walker

Tesco in Wales bans pyjamas and bare feet in store

Slightly worrying, that not only are shops in Wales only now finally getting around to banning folk wandering about with bare feet in 2013, but also that the BBC deems this newsworthy.

Is this where we are heading as a society? Unwashed hoards wandering around in bare feet and pajamas, buying pot noodles and cup-a-soups?

It's all getting a bit 'beyond thunderdome' for me.

I've taken to onesies quite a bit. I got one for Christmas and said I'd probably never wear it, then one night it was really cold so I put it on before I went to bed. Damn if it wasn't just like getting a nice warm hug all night. Great sleepwear. I've been wearing it a lot. I wore it to the shops on New Years Eve, though I pulled a pair of jeans and a jumper over it so that doesn't count.

Burn the witch!!!!

Guest Giles Walker
Tesco in Wales bans pyjamas and bare feet in store

Slightly worrying, that not only are shops in Wales only now finally getting around to banning folk wandering about with bare feet in 2013, but also that the BBC deems this newsworthy.

Is this where we are heading as a society? Unwashed hoards wandering around in bare feet and pajamas, buying pot noodles and cup-a-soups?

It's all getting a bit 'beyond thunderdome' for me.

Okay i just realised that the article i linked to is 3 years old.

I'm glad someone (Teabags) agrees with me on the amount that hypocrites will take from punk/goth etc when it becomes trendy. The amount of people that would slag the emos and goths in my school for wearing vans to school, or a leather jacket, or have shaved bits in their hair, only to do the exact same now that they've grown up*. What a bunch of pricklickers.

Saw a couple of trendies the other day actually. One with some shitty stupid Hollister top on, and the other wearing a tshirt that had a big X on it like the hardcore stuff. Because it's trendy. I've seen a lot more denim jackets recently too and I'm wondering how long it will be before some mainstream band/artist starts releasing patches.

That sounds like something that would happen on Hollyoaks. Can't say I care a jot if folk who were mean to "goths" at school now wear Motorhead t shirts from Topshop or whatever. People change. It's best they get their dumb prejudice out of their system whilst they are young.

The grown up onesie can take a running jump though. I blame Scrubs.

The only thing I like about high street stores stocking band t-shirts, is that I can finally get girls tops cheaper and in a variety of sizes instead of S, M or L, or have to cut up a boys one because the girls designs are pish - why the fuck do the companies seem to think that girls want a pink and grey version of an awesome tshirt? Fuck that, give me the same as the guys!

That sounds like something that would happen on Hollyoaks. Can't say I care a jot if folk who were mean to "goths" at school now wear Motorhead t shirts from Topshop or whatever. People change. It's best they get their dumb prejudice out of their system whilst they are young.
Who said anything about them being any less prejudice? They're still the same cunts they were but now they look like the people they took the piss out of without a single fucking thought of the irony.

In fact, they probably still take the piss out of the same people for the same things cos they bought their stuff in a designer shop rather than doing it themselves, which is "minky".

• Upvote 1

I'm only assuming they are now less prejudice, as they are the types who probably wore tracksuits at school, and called people "mosher" or "goth" or whatever. Now they are buying into the whole 'rock music' attire. But you're right, they could probably still be total cunts because their Motorhead t shirt is a pre-faded skinny fit from Twat Clobber, or wherever trendy boys by their bleached jeans and shiny shirts from.

Everyone is a dick.

• Upvote 1