aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I don't know what the fuck I do to them. I probably don't take great care of them, they're usually just chucked in a bag or pocket, but I would imagine 90% of the public just chuck them in a bag or pocket and very few fanny around putting them in carry cases or whatever, yet I seem to go through more than anyone. Seriously reckon I've broken 7 or 8 pairs in the last three years.

Chucking them in a bag is the worst thing, they get knotted/tangled and the very thin wire inside them gets broken or the connection at the buds gets seperated. Wrapping them around your mp3/ipod is ok though. I used to see the same people in time and time again when i worked in Millers. It was nearly always them, not the headphones.

Chances are you'll never find a pair that'll work for you unless your habits change.

Chucking them in a bag is the worst thing, they get knotted/tangled and the very thin wire inside them gets broken or the connection at the buds gets seperated. Wrapping them around your mp3/ipod is ok though. I used to see the same people in time and time again when i worked in Millers. It was nearly always them, not the headphones.

Chances are you'll never find a pair that'll work for you unless your habits change.

See, I never wrap because I thought pulling it taut it would damage the jack. It always seems to be either where the wire goes into the jack, or where the wire goes into the earpiece that I break them.

I bought a pair of headphones in Tesco once, jumped on the bus home, plugged them in and by the time I got off the bus they were broken. That's pretty special.

See, I never wrap because I thought pulling it taut it would damage the jack. It always seems to be either where the wire goes into the jack, or where the wire goes into the earpiece that I break them.

I bought a pair of headphones in Tesco once, jumped on the bus home, plugged them in and by the time I got off the bus they were broken. That's pretty special.

You don't need to wrap it super tight, just loose will do and make sure there's a small amount of slack on the jack end.

I stand corrected. If the government can assist me to the level where £150 is a minuscule sum, I must have misunderstood. Could you direct me to the nearest benefits office immediately please?

Yes, you must have. I do apologise. If you're in debt you can always sell your house and kids? No idea where the benefits office is, sorry. :(

Yes, you must have. I do apologise. If you're in debt you can always sell your house and kids? No idea where the benefits office is, sorry. :(

OK, let's try again.

People borrow minuscule sums of £150 and such, it makes me laugh. What happened to planning ahead?

Do you consider £150 to be a minuscule sum, too insignificant to even consider borrowing?

OK, let's try again.

Do you consider £150 to be a minuscule sum, too insignificant to even consider borrowing?

No I didn't say that, I said previously that if I needed to borrow a sum of money like that I'd arrange something with my bank or if I needed it as soon as possible I'd make sure what I owed didn't escalate to £10,000 as that seems to be a tad ridiculous.

No I didn't say that, I said previously that if I needed to borrow a sum of money like that I'd arrange something with my bank or if I needed it as soon as possible I'd make sure what I owed didn't escalate to £10,000 as that seems to be a tad ridiculous.

As an accountant you may simply be more used to dealing with people who have enough money to need an accountant. Are you aware that there are people, and families struggling every week to choose which food they can buy that week? People making a straight choice between eat, or heat? Families to whom an extra £5 can make a difference, let alone a 'minuscule' £150? Families who simply don't have the choice of 'arranging something with their bank'?

• Upvote 3

As an accountant you may simply be more used to dealing with people who have enough money to need an accountant. Are you aware that there are people, and families struggling every week to choose which food they can buy that week? People making a straight choice between eat, or heat? Families to whom an extra £5 can make a difference, let alone a 'minuscule' £150? Families who simply don't have the choice of 'arranging something with their bank'?

Why wouldn't I be aware? And more importantly why are you trying to initiate an argument with me? All I said was that quick fix loans aren't a great idea. £5 makes a difference to me too, though I'm not that dumb to take out a loan that needs to be repaid within the month and leave it to generate a shitstorm. There's no excuse for not planning your life out if you're a healthy person.

Why wouldn't I be aware? And more importantly why are you trying to initiate an argument with me? All I said was that quick fix loans aren't a great idea. £5 makes a difference to me too, though I'm not that dumb to take out a loan that needs to be repaid within the month and leave it to generate a shitstorm. There's no excuse for not planning your life out if you're a healthy person.

Not trying to start an argument, I'm sure we're basically on the same side, but I just thought your initial statement that people borrowing a 'minuscule' amount of £150 made you laugh was questionable. So I questioned it. It's easy to be derisive when you have your own affairs in order, I just wanted to point out that a lot of people are genuinely struggling to be so organised. For some people the difference between incomings and outgoings is a weekly knife edge balancing act that can easily tip the wrong way. Going to the bank seems like the obviously more sensible solution, but to some that's not an option. Obviously if they haven't got a perfect credit record, very often the banks just won't take the risk to help them. So their only option is to look elsewhere, for companies who will take risk, albeit at a higher cost. And they're not being helped by these companies that sell their loans as being 'quick, and simple' (adverts with thinks like people snapping their fingers and a new washing machine magically appears, "a few clicks on their website, and the cash was mine!" etc etc) - it's no surprise that a lot of people are tempted by these ads when an extra hundred or so would make a big difference, and they have no other option.

My bank won't let me extend my overdraft. My girlfriend had to get a Wonga loan yesterday for £50 for an emergency dental appointment. How pathetic, £50! I wipe my arse with £50 notes!