aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Oh God, me too. All it takes is one Google to see it's always bollocks. I usually find something about whatever it is on

thatsnonsense.com (follow them on FB for regular debunking updates to what's going around at the time) and post the link to whatever neep has forwarded the crap to me.

Some people get so upset if you try and (politely) point out that what they've just posted is utter bollocks.  Think they feel embarrased to fall for it.  There's a particularly annoying one doing the rounds just now about facebook photo privacy.

Oh God, me too. All it takes is one Google to see it's always bollocks. I usually find something about whatever it is on

thatsnonsense.com (follow them on FB for regular debunking updates to what's going around at the time) and post the link to whatever neep has forwarded the crap to me.

or you find out it's on snopes from 5 fucking years ago and people are still sharing it.  jesus. 

why is it that some people are happy to take loony facebook posts at face value but would probably ask for a second opinion at the doctors?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was sent an email by a hosting company I use saying my package is up for renewal.  I don't use the site for much so decided to cancel it and removed it from the renewal options on my account. They just emailed me to say thanks for renewing and they've charged me £215.  Utter fucking cunts.

Two tickets for The Who in at the o2 in Dublin:

Type Full Price Ticket

Ticket Price €89.50 x 2

Service Charge €6.10 x 2

SUBTOTAL €191.20

Youch.

For that service charge, I'd expect the ticket to be delivered in a 24 carat-gold envelope with a blowy off the postie included.

Ticketmaster now charging £2.75 for postage these days. Cunting fucks.

For that service charge, I'd expect the ticket to be delivered in a 24 carat-gold envelope with a blowy off the postie included.

Ticketmaster now charging £2.75 for postage these days. Cunting fucks.

Must be due to the rise in the cost of posting small pieces of paper...

Seriously though I sell alot of stuff on ebay and you can send a boss sized effects pedal in the post for £2.70. I imagine ticketmaster would have a big enough account to get cheaper postage as well. They are milking that cash cow!

Walked past a group of shithead teenagers in Union Square yesterday. One of them yelled "Right, gotta go to Apple store to check facebook" and they all roared with glee, and started to sort of run to the Apple store.

Not sure what my exact point is, but my Pet Hate is total dickheads.

Something about this bugs me too. Good call.

It might be the fact they think they are taking advantage of apple, when in actual fact masses of young people in their stores messing about on computers is exactly what they to happen.

• Upvote 1

It might be the fact they think they are taking advantage of apple, when in actual fact masses of young people in their stores messing about on computers is exactly what they to happen.

exactly what they to happen? Did you accidentally the whole sentence?

• Upvote 4

ITV football coverage. Awful.

They've just interviewed AVB pre-match about his lineup and he says, basically, "Brad in goals, a back four of Walker, William, Jan and Benoit, a line of four in midfield: Lennon, Scott, Moussa and Dempsey, and Bale and Adebayor upfront." Fine. The midfield - four in midfield, with Bale clearly upfront. From the horse's mouth.

NOT THIS, ITV, YOU FUCKS:

bHV1O70.jpg

Gabriel Clarke can fuck off too.

EDIT= Spoilered massive picture.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

Isn't that UEFA who put the generic formation screens up for all TV coverage, rather than just ITV? It's the same in the Champions League. They usually get it wrong. GNev has commented on it a few times on Sky Sports.

Blame UEFA for the stupid formation guessing. Blame ITV for everything else (being dicks).

I remember a few years ago when United played Wolfsburg I think it was, and they had United playing 4-3-3 with Rooney in the middle of the attack, Anderson on the left wing and Michael Owen on the right wing. They were wrong.

I just can't understand people's total dependence on always being connected and in touch with their fairweather friends. You're outside, you're with your friends. Stop being a fanny. Enjoy life. Go on the internet when you're at home. Is something happening on Facebook that needs your immediate attention? Most definitely not, unless that is your life, then go take a running jump.

I was behind someone in a queue yesterday, The lady asked her "would you like your receipt in the bag?" The customer just ignored her, because she was scrolling through Facebook on her iPhone. The lady asked her again, and she responded like a snappy little cunt, as if her customer service was an inconvenience to her web-browsing. Twat.

People actively walk around now with their phone in their hands, just constantly glaring at it, waiting for something to happen in their life. Get a grip.

• Upvote 1

He sounds pretty Geordie to me, if I'm honest. Care to point out the differences between his accent and what you consider to be a Geordie accent? Just so us laymen know in the future.

It's hard to point out but there is a difference, it's like the difference between the Dundee dialect and the Aberdonian one. I was once a layman like you, when i moved up here I said the Dundee and Aberdeen dialects were the same but I was soon corrected.

neither are you.

Never said I was and it depends on how you define regional identity.

It's hard to point out but there is a difference, it's like the difference between the Dundee dialect and the Aberdonian one. I was once a layman like you, when i moved up here I said the Dundee and Aberdeen dialects were the same but I was soon corrected.

I sort of see what you mean, but the north east of England is the only accent that really likes to ostensibly partition itself. Obviously that's down to extreme local pride and tribalism, but I feel pretty well-versed in most local accents throughout the UK, but the north east of England does baffle me a little. It's a shame you're unable to actually describe and highlight the variances. Nobody that I ask seems to be able to, and I have numerous Geordie friends who like to goad the Mackem accent, and even they can't really describe or point out the accent differences.

Anyway, this is not a pet hate of mine, merely a curiosity. So I'll stop digressing!