aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Gladstone
When pop/R&B stars headbang, play air guitar or do any other “rock star” style posturing during guitar interludes. I’m not boo hooing about these moves being appropriated by pop artists from “real music” or anything like that - I just think they look stupid, particularly that Nicole whatserface from the Pussy Cat Dolls. She’s a fucking moron if ever I saw one.

The main gripe with this is they never ever look like they're playing guitar. People who air guitar who don't know how to play actual guitar just look a bit daft in general.

What chord is that you're playing? Oh, the "claw", like Pheobe from Friends, I getcha.

When pop/R&B stars headbang, play air guitar or do any other “rock star” style posturing during guitar interludes. I’m not boo hooing about these moves being appropriated by pop artists from “real music” or anything like that - I just think they look stupid, particularly that Nicole whatserface from the Pussy Cat Dolls. She’s a fucking moron if ever I saw one.

Not reading things properly before hitting 'post reply'. I swear every 2nd post with my name on it has a typo or repetition of a phrase just because halfway through writing something I decided to change a word. 'changing switching' in the last one....

They have properly buried the indie games too, you need to go to games tab -> games marketplace -> switch from featured tab to games tab -> game type -> indie which is the third one across. Shame as there are plenty of cheap and brilliant games (albeit in amongst a lot of copycat OMGZOMBIESHOOTER and knockoffs of better titles) yet they are continually being hidden away.

As for the qwerty keyboard going.... you can't exactly touchtype with a gamepad so not a huge miss in that respect but it will be a bit strange to get used to. Maybe easier for kids or kinect though? The whole update just screams 'optimised for kinect but shit and ugly for everyone else'

As for the qwerty keyboard going.... you can't exactly touchtype with a gamepad so not a huge miss in that respect but it will be a bit strange to get used to. Maybe easier for kids or kinect though? The whole update just screams 'optimised for kinect but shit and ugly for everyone else'

Even when you're not touch typing, a normal keyboard is just instinct for most people who have used computers for years, so I find sending my usual "YOU JUST GOT SCHOOLED NOOB" or "DON'T QUIT OR I'LL BREAK YOUR NECK" messages take much longer to hammer out.

it looks ok, i like that lovefilm is on there now. i dislike hiding indie games.

Have you got a lovefilm account? If so when you try out the streaming on the xbox can you post an update? Seriously considering getting one as streaming to xbox (and thus my TV instead of a 15" laptop screen!) sweetens the deal but heard the quality of their streaming is pretty bad on pc/ps3. If it doesn't look that good may as well just get a regular lovefilm without paying for the streaming.

Even when you're not touch typing, a normal keyboard is just instinct for most people who have used computers for years, so I find sending my usual "YOU JUST GOT SCHOOLED NOOB" or "DON'T QUIT OR I'LL BREAK YOUR NECK" messages take much longer to hammer out.

Using a headset to shout abuse is way quicker than that

I'm too much of a pussy to do it though.

Have you got a lovefilm account? If so when you try out the streaming on the xbox can you post an update? Seriously considering getting one as streaming to xbox (and thus my TV instead of a 15" laptop screen!) sweetens the deal but heard the quality of their streaming is pretty bad on pc/ps3. If it doesn't look that good may as well just get a regular lovefilm without paying for the streaming.

i do indeed. i will update in due course.