aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

My bathroom at home has been forever in the decoration phase and has never had a lock on it.

In my own flat(s) (where I had locks on the bathroom door(s)) I locked the door when I was doing the toilet, but when in the shower I left it open in case my ex was feeling frisky. I think that was only needed once or twice in a year though.

She left it unlocked in case I needed to pee. Lovely gal.

If you have a shower curtain, no need to lock the door, folk need to pee sometimes, why not let them?

Following on from the hatred of people putting ".com" at the end of their spoken thoughts and emotions, it seems that putting a hash-tag before something whilst not using Twitter is the new ".com". I see it on Facebook comments and even got one in a text message the other day. I didn't text back. I've even heard it said out loud recently too. The internet is responsible for too much twatiness which spills over into real life.

Following on from the hatred of people putting ".com" at the end of their spoken thoughts and emotions, it seems that putting a hash-tag before something whilst not using Twitter is the new ".com". I see it on Facebook comments and even got one in a text message the other day. I didn't text back. I've even heard it said out loud recently too. The internet is responsible for too much twatiness which spills over into real life.

Is the fact you see it on facebook not just because people have their twitter account linked to their facebook one?

• Upvote 1

The way Australians, and I believe Americans, apply grammar to sport teams. The following sentence has me in a wee ragey:

Carlton is downplaying the severity of Chris Judd's shoulder injury and expects the captain to require only a minor surgical procedure

Are! Carlton are!

I've heard that both the 'is' and 'are' in these situations are technically correct, but it just sounds so jarring it surely should be wrong.