aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

People who don't understand simple bus etiquette.

Saw a woman the other day who got on before people had the chance to get off and then proceeded to take up two seats by sitting on the aisle one. For shame!

I think 90% of my pet hates originate from things that take place on the bus or the waiting period for said bus to arrive. A couple of weeks back, when the snow+burst water pipe had the town stood still and the buses rammed, some woman got on with a massive buggy (with no space for it to go unless she folded it up and put it in the luggae bit) and just stood with it in the middle of the aisle. The driver did nothing. There were people climbing over her to alight or get on, and she just stood there, looking like nothing was wrong, except to give people a dirty look when they tried to climb over the thing. No, no, it's fine love. I'll just get off at your stop. We all will, isn't that right fellas? Dick.

This happened again just before Christmas. The driver insisted it be folded up, but she insisted she was only going a couple of stops and just ignored him, and stood there with her 3 kids and one baby in a pram in the aisle, meaning no one could get off. When it was time for her to actually get off, she screamed at the people in her way, and rammed the wheel of the thing into my foot, and scraped my shin with something sticking out of the pram. It bled a little. I called her an ignorant bitch, and told her she could have walked the 2 or 3 stops without being an insufferable inconvenience to everyone. She gave me a right foul mouthed response, and shunted off the bus. If I see her in the street again, I feel pretty positive that I'm going to kick her into a hedge.

What I hate about buses is that there's the big sign that says "PLEASE ALIGHT BY THE REAR EXIT", but when you go and stand at the back door to get off, the driver doesn't open it, and drives away with you still standing at the door pressing the button like a total tadge. Why have the back door if they're never going to use them?

Guest treader.
What I hate about buses is that there's the big sign that says "PLEASE ALIGHT BY THE REAR EXIT", but when you go and stand at the back door to get off, the driver doesn't open it, and drives away with you still standing at the door pressing the button like a total tadge. Why have the back door if they're never going to use them?

This is why I liked American buses. You manually open the back door of the bus so this sort of thing doesnt happen.

It's great how Aberdeen hopelessly copies people and gets it ever-so-slightly wrong and makes it shit.

Buses seem to unknowingly play host to some kind of daily social experiment that has gone morbidly wrong.

I have to confess that I do (on occasion) sit in the aisle seat so that I can sit my bag next to me. However, I only do this when there are plenty of seats around me, otherwise Ill shove myself up against the window.

Ive noticed that First have started putting up signs on their buses to try an encourage people to use headphones when playing music from their phones. Obviously they dont enforce it and I spent half my journey to work the other day listening to demented hamster music being played by a kid who I could only describe as the spawn of Satan itself. Slack joy, dead eyes, dying brain cells and a level of ignorance that basically meant that if youd asked her to shut up her infernal racket, shed have most potentially stabbed me in the face in objection.

Funnily enough, the driver I got to work yesterday was playing music himself. He was playing what I could only assume was the greatest hits of Savage Garden. Twat.

Buses need an enforcer of rules. Their rules just go completely ignored. Feet on seats, prams occupying the disabled space meaning disabled people are often denied a space on the bus, loud music, loud phonecalls. I would like to enrol as a Bus-Law Enforcer. I'd gladly quit my current role to do so. I'd like to enforce a fairly lenient Library-Rules policy. Polite conversation would obviously be permitted, but as soon as any ignorant little grotbag starts hammering out his shitshow ChannelU garbage on his phone, he'd get twatted right in the gob with my Bus-stick and forced to leave the vehicle whilst in motion, through the bastard window. Any of these scammers ripping the bottom off their all-day tickets trying to use them again and again would be permitted to ride the bus, as long as they grip on for dear life on the chassis of the underside of the vehicle. Puddle and potholes guarenteed. Survival isn't. Any young, gobby, piss stained mother refusing to fold up her buggy will be given the back seat as a matter of priority, so she can keep an eye on her young one, as the pram is tied to the back bumper of the bus and pulled along, in an urban water skiing type affair.

Riding the bus with me keeping everything punctual would be like a dream.

• Upvote 3

I think 90% of my pet hates originate from things that take place on the bus or the waiting period for said bus to arrive. A couple of weeks back, when the snow+burst water pipe had the town stood still and the buses rammed, some woman got on with a massive buggy (with no space for it to go unless she folded it up and put it in the luggae bit) and just stood with it in the middle of the aisle. The driver did nothing. There were people climbing over her to alight or get on, and she just stood there, looking like nothing was wrong, except to give people a dirty look when they tried to climb over the thing. No, no, it's fine love. I'll just get off at your stop. We all will, isn't that right fellas? Dick.

This happened again just before Christmas. The driver insisted it be folded up, but she insisted she was only going a couple of stops and just ignored him, and stood there with her 3 kids and one baby in a pram in the aisle, meaning no one could get off. When it was time for her to actually get off, she screamed at the people in her way, and rammed the wheel of the thing into my foot, and scraped my shin with something sticking out of the pram. It bled a little. I called her an ignorant bitch, and told her she could have walked the 2 or 3 stops without being an insufferable inconvenience to everyone. She gave me a right foul mouthed response, and shunted off the bus. If I see her in the street again, I feel pretty positive that I'm going to kick her into a hedge.

:laughing:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Original Spies again.

Guest idol_wild
People at work who insist on having every phone conversation via speakerphone, then using the phrase "touching base" entirely too frequently.

My Managing Director begins almost every sentence with "In essence" or "In real terms". This is somewhat similar to your pet hate.

Snarl.