aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

What really pissed me off today though was that I stood at the bus stop this morning for 52 minutes waiting for the number 1 bus.

How the hell do First get away with that? I was half an hour late for work as a result.

I get the bus in from Kemnay every day, and depending on the weather get a 1 either from Union St or St Machar Drive. First and Stagecoach combined are an absolute nightmare. I've often seen me arrive in work 2.5 hours after leaving the house. Must get a flat!

How did you get scammed? Ropey website?

Could be worse... at least the cleared you out before payday rather than after ;)

That sounds horrible, but I'm trying to do the whole silver lining thing.

Not sure how I got scammed - being in our line of work I'm very security conscious online to the extent that even if you know where to look, you can't see my computer online.

You're right though, it could have been much worse. and to think if it hadn't been for the 1 being late last night, I probably wouldn't have noticed until today or tomorrow. Eeep!

Aye, but come on, what did she expect to happen? Especially given the Ross/Brand thing.

If she's anywhere near as intelligent as she thinks she is then she would have realised that most people deem "gollywog" to be a pretty unacceptable term in this day and age regardless of how offensive it was when she was younger. I'm definitely not on the "OH MY GOD SHE SAID A BAD WORD! SACK HER NOW!" bandwagon, but her reasoning and logic is pretty fuckin' abysmal.

... and yeah, I have a gollywog when I was a kid too :).

i do get what your saying and to a point i agree, but i guess if you grow up with something its harder to stop doing it, i tell you this, if someone had a go at my grandparents for saying it id rip them a new one.

The only reason its unaceeptable is because of the mad world we live in now where you cannot say anything without it being twisted around to be something bad, yes i know what the word was used for but really the fuss that has been made is well out of order, same as the stuff with the Royals, now we have people saying they are rasist and out of date because they have a nickname for one of their friends who himself says he doesnt mind, yet we have these fucking goodie two shoes thinking they are speaking for every, black/muslim/chinese or whatever race, person in the world.

I call my jewish friend a "stupid Jew" when we have banter or slag off my english mates for being english, does that make me rasist just because i say these things to people who are my friends?

The whole thing puts me in mind of Caley Thistle's request a couple of years ago that thir fans stop calling Stuart Golabek "Golly" and Ian Black "Blackie". Ridiculous!

Ive been shouting "GWAN BLACKIE!" at Steven Black for a good while out of habit and have been told to stop it a few times by opposition stewards. bloody nonsense if you ask me. (SB is slightly tanned mind you)

i do get what your saying and to a point i agree, but i guess if you grow up with something its harder to stop doing it, i tell you this, if someone had a go at my grandparents for saying it id rip them a new one.

The only reason its unaceeptable is because of the mad world we live in now where you cannot say anything without it being twisted around to be something bad, yes i know what the word was used for but really the fuss that has been made is well out of order, same as the stuff with the Royals, now we have people saying they are rasist and out of date because they have a nickname for one of their friends who himself says he doesnt mind, yet we have these fucking goodie two shoes thinking they are speaking for every, black/muslim/chinese or whatever race, person in the world.

I call my jewish friend a "stupid Jew" when we have banter or slag off my english mates for being english, does that make me rasist just because i say these things to people who are my friends?

Fair play, I agree with you on just about everything there.

I wasn't offended in the slightest by what she said, it's more the "I'm a victim" thing that gets on my tits, because she clearly isnt.

Jeez, I've got ginger hair too. You need to chill the fuck oot. The majority of folk are just having a laugh with the ginger jibes.

Do people really throw things at you when you walk down the street? That ain't ever happened to me before.....

On a walk aboot in Stoney, I got hit by a massive plank, who had a massive plank as it happens, the reason given because I'm a "ginger cunt"

I'm fine with joking. Me and my mates, and even people in pubs etc can have a laugh about it, i don't really care. It's just when strangers do it out of a car on a walk home, it annoys me.

And yeah, I don't know why everyones making a mountain out of a molehill here? I just said it was irritating, I'm not going to organise a million man march.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
On a walk aboot in Stoney, I got hit by a massive plank, who had a massive plank as it happens, the reason given because I'm a "ginger cunt"

I'm fine with joking. Me and my mates, and even people in pubs etc can have a laugh about it, i don't really care. It's just when strangers do it out of a car on a walk home, it annoys me.

And yeah, I don't know why everyones making a mountain out of a molehill here? I just said it was irritating, I'm not going to organise a million man march.

Ah, it happens in Stoney. Remind me never to walk down the street there.

Although you said the reason was because you are a "ginger cunt" not just "ginger".... ;)

That is genuinely out of order though. I've never experienced that sort of abuse before. On the football pitch for many a year I've been called ginger this and that, but the best way to defeat that shit is by being better than your opposition.............

I hate Stagecoach - they never tell you the real reason why a bus is running late, they have plenty of buses sitting stationary so why the hell not have precautions for situations like that? On Tuesday I was waiting for the 5.05pm bus to take me to Tesco at Westhill, from there I get the DialABus home (because I'm not allowed to drive so HAVE to rely on buses). The bus was supposedly in a crash, so I had to wait for the 5.35pm bus instead. I missed the DialABus and had to pay for a fucking taxi home, 9 miles past Alford!

And all you ever get from those cunts at the bus station is "well we can' help it, just sit down" - the only reason I found out about the crash was because the driver told me! The guys in the reception area just said "oh it's running late, it'll be a few minutes"

GGRRRR they're fucking retards at the station, it's too much to even be polite

Why do we speak in a scottish accent?

Why do we say tatties instead of potatoes?

good point.....

but I think in most cases we still use the correct spelling etc, in our speech...we just add regional accents in the inflection....

its a bit more interesting regarding words rooted in other languages though...

I love the diversity of scottish culture just for that very reason... like words originally rooted in the gaelic....as things like :

Braw

glaikit

scunner

gallus

teuchter

thrawn

wheesht...etc...

good point.....

but I think in most cases we still use the correct spelling etc, in our speech...we just add regional accents in the inflection....

its a bit more interesting regarding words rooted in other languages though...

I love the diversity of scottish culture just for that very reason... like words originally rooted in the gaelic....as things like :

Braw

glaikit

scunner

gallus

teuchter

thrawn

wheesht...etc...

correct spelling in our speech???????? That makes no sense whatsoever. You dont say words exactly how they are spelt.

Its a simple case of different parts of the world use the english accent in different ways, we are not the beallandendall of the english language and im sure people dont understand why we say words in certain ways, especially us up here, you ever tried speaking to a foreign person in an aberdeen accent, its pointless.

If it makes you feel any better, while I was living in London a couple of summers ago I was standing at a crossing minding my own business when all of a sudden someone threw a rock out of their passenger window which hit me square in the face. I was then greeted with "Fuck off Jamie Oliver!". For the record I look nothing like Jamie Oliver.

On a side note, TelecasterSam's overuse of the full stop is starting to grate a little.