aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

That is pretty annoying, but pales in comparison to the obvious cinema-based gripe:

People who talk or use their mobile phone while the film is on.

I've gotten to the stage where I can't take it anymore and have to say something (usually along the lines of "I can't believe you spent 6 to sit and text!"); which makes you look like the asshole...

Yip and you get distracted by the flash of light from their mobile (I have been with people who have texted....fit?! but then I find these are mainly youngsters who can't keep away from the buttons!)

It's also annoying when people take a bag of food in with them and insist in rummaging through there rucksack or carrier for their food (unaware of the racket they are producing) then sit and rustle crisp bags etc for half an hour!

mind you I get annoyed at work if someone sits with there hand rustling about their crisp bag...not actually picking up crisps but moving them around for ages. I have the common curtosy of opening the bag so I don't rustle...hmmm maybe I shouldn't ha ha

On another movie note...trailers that show you half the film - love seeing what's coming out but hate watching half the film before I go.... it's much better to know nothing, more shockers!

jeez that's a rant...and breathe

Yip and you get distracted by the flash of light from their mobile (I have been with people who have texted....fit?! but then I find these are mainly youngsters who can't keep away from the buttons!)

I've been to recitals at uni where the music is so quiet, you can actually hear the noise of somebody texting above the sound of the performance, aaaarrrrrgggghh!! X(

When I was in the cinema last night there were two guys just along from me who spent the first half hour of the film chatting to each other. I couldn't actually here what they were saying, but the murmuring noise made it really hard to get absorbed in the movie. They were also noisily crunching Pringles. Then half an hour into the film they just got up and walked out. Why pay 14 to get into a film, then walk out of it after half an hour because you've spent the first half hour talking and don't know what's going on in it?

Cunts.

Their loss, it was a great film : (Revolutionary Road if anyone is interested)

Oh also in that half hour they managed to make more mess than a group of toddlers. Fucking crisps all over the floor, and Opal Fruit wrappers everywhere. Why it so hard for people to put their empty wrappers and popcorn tubs in the bin on the way out, like civilized human beings, instead of just leaving it for the cinema staff to clean up after them? In fact, why can't people sit for two hours and watch a film without feeling the need to stuff their stupid faces?

It's easy to not get caught up in it though.

I'm celebrating Valentines by buying some steaks, a decent bottle of red and watching 'wrath of khan' with my boyfriend.

Cheap and basically unbeatable - though we have both bought cards.

I used to hate it at one of my old works. All the girls in my department would end up with flowers all over my desk and I had none. It made me feel really crabby all day.

Boo!

It's avoiding me this year.

I've been to recitals at uni where the music is so quiet, you can actually hear the noise of somebody texting above the sound of the performance, aaaarrrrrgggghh!! X(

grrr people who leave the beeps on thier buttons - like the rest of the world needs to hear you text ?!

When I was in the cinema last night there were two guys just along from me who spent the first half hour of the film chatting to each other. I couldn't actually here what they were saying, but the murmuring noise made it really hard to get absorbed in the movie. They were also noisily crunching Pringles. Then half an hour into the film they just got up and walked out. Why pay 14 to get into a film, then walk out of it after half an hour because you've spent the first half hour talking and don't know what's going on in it?

Cunts.

Pringles suck in cinemas!

I bet they thought it was rubbish, more for the fact they spoke half way through, had no idea what was going on :)

I had a pal who fell asleep just after we started watching Little Nicky (weird but funny film), then woke up at the end and said "That film was shit" ha ha erm you never saw any of it!!

I did that with Batman Begins. I slept through a massive chunk of it in the cinema (which used to be my party trick when I was working night shifts), then moaned about how shit it was. Until I bought the DVD and actually watched it :) I also slept through Matrix 3 and thought that was boring and shit, however having since watched that on DVD, it actually is boring and shit.

I haven't seen Matrix 3, and know that it is boring and shit.

I read a review of it once which said the Matrix 3 may as well have just been 90 minutes of the Wachowski brothers lying on the floor rubbing themselves with money and giving the finger to the camera.

Which is pretty much true actually. It's utter toss.

Guest idol_wild
There has been some heroic posts by Teabags in this thread today, and I can't give him any rep.

I totally agree.

There are three people on this forum who crack me up. Teabags is one of them.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

The 'awkward mic feedback' sound effect that plays in EVERY advert, program, film or other production, whether it is a gritty hard hitting drama or a teen comedy, when somebody who is about to speak in public steps towards their microphone. This might just send me to the loony bin one day because I honestly don't think that in my lifetime I will see somebody on the telly say something into a mic in a room full of people without hearing this awful corny sound effect.

I've gone past the point of assuming that it's a corny industry in-joke. It's not like you hear the Wilhelm Scream every single time someone falls off a cliff or gets shot in every single movie in existence, so when is someone going to be bold enough to shoot one of these scenes where the guy just steps to the mic and says 'Good afternoon' or whatever and then the rest of the dialogue flows?