aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Box junctions. These have criss-cross yellow lines painted on the road (see 'Road markings'). You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear. However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right. At signalled roundabouts you MUST NOT enter the box unless you can cross over it completely without stopping.

Taken from 170-183: Road junctions : Directgov - Travel and transport

I hate it when a song comes on, say - on someone elses computer/stereo etc, and you ask them what it is. Instead of them just telling you what it is, they say "Just wait, you'll get it", but you keep reiterating that it is just not ringing in bells.

"Just wait til the vocals come in" they say. "Then you'll recognise it". Once this statement has been said, it makes it feel like the instrumental introduction to this song is a fortnight long. When are these INSTANTLY RECOGNISABLE VOCALS GOING TO KICK IN?!

And there they are. The singing starts, and you still don't know what the song is. Are they just about to finally tell you what the song is? NO! A huge exclamtion is made at your lack of knowledge over music they like. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS"

By this point, you couldn't even be any less interested in what the song is anymore. One third of the song has passed by and they eventually reveal the title. That piece of new information means nothing to you, but it would have recieved a polite nod or an "ahh" a minute and a half ago. Now, you're just wondering if you can afford bail to break a chair over their head.

I hate it when this happens.

I hate it when a song comes on, say - on someone elses computer/stereo etc, and you ask them what it is. Instead of them just telling you what it is, they say "Just wait, you'll get it", but you keep reiterating that it is just not ringing in bells.

"Just wait til the vocals come in" they say. "Then you'll recognise it". Once this statement has been said, it makes it feel like the instrumental introduction to this song is a fortnight long. When are these INSTANTLY RECOGNISABLE VOCALS GOING TO KICK IN?!

And there they are. The singing starts, and you still don't know what the song is. Are they just about to finally tell you what the song is? NO! A huge exclamtion is made at your lack of knowledge over music they like. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS"

By this point, you couldn't even be any less interested in what the song is anymore. One third of the song has passed by and they eventually reveal the title. That piece of new information means nothing to you, but it would have recieved a polite nod or an "ahh" a minute and a half ago. Now, you're just wondering if you can afford bail to break a chair over their head.

I hate it when this happens.

i do that to my girlfriend, but only because i know it drives her up the wall :up:

What really gets on my fucking tits is when I tell people that I like wrestling and I get this response:

"Why? It's all fake!"

LIKE YOU'RE TELLING ME SOMETHING I DON'T ALREADY KNOW.

And anyway, so is the Bible. So stop fucking talking to me about that.

Another reponse I hate is:

"You mean like Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks"?

What really gets on my fucking tits is when I tell people that I like wrestling and I get this response:

"Why? It's all fake!"

LIKE YOU'RE TELLING ME SOMETHING I DON'T ALREADY KNOW.

And anyway, so is the Bible. So stop fucking talking to me about that.

Another reponse I hate is:

"You mean like Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks"?

People who are overly defensive about their love of wrestling. After all, it is just men in pants pretending to hit each other :p

• Upvote 1

I haven't watched wrestling for around 10 years, but what was most surprising was that you now have to pay for the monthly main event things. It's a bit daft seeing as though we get the Superbowl or the World Cup finals for free.

In the States you have to pay for them all but here you just have to pay for the big 4, Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Survivor Series and Summer Slam, the others are just on Sky Sports. .

Guest treader.
The phrases "Cashback!" and "Back of the net!" have made there way into my day to day vocab. Alan Patridge doesn't count though.

... "I don't want to be part of your sex festival!"

"STOP rubbing your fanny against me!"

Guest Tam o' Shantie
You aren't supposed to enter a box junction unless you have a clear exit. That's what it's there for. Hence the reason when folk line up through a box junction when the road ahead is full of cars and the lights change no cunt can go anywhere and chaos ensues.

You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak. Thanks...

"You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear. However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right."

People who think they know how to use box junctions, turn out to be wrong, even when at least two people show evidence they are, still insist they are right.

You can wait in a box junction when turning right!!

It's a simple fact. Anyone who doesn;t know this, get off my fucking roads.

People who exaggerate how wrong someone is to make their "I told you so" moment more triumphant.

Only one person disagreed between Gozilla Blues posts, which was you. He hasn't been online since to respond to the other people who've disagreed/referenced the highway code.

This morning I was approaching a box junction going straight ahead, my exit was clear but there was traffic lights just ahead which were red. I noticed a taxi slowly edging out from my left trying to go straight on, but instead of waiting to see if I was going to flash him across he just slowly crept out right in front of me. When I beeped my horn at him he had the fucking cheek to give ME the finger! Like it was just his divine right to come out of the junction because the lights ahead were red. I fucking hate taxi drivers.

I also hate when van drivers stop at the side of the road with their hazzards on, thinking people will just go round them, not realising that what they are actually doing is condensing two lanes of traffic into one and causing huge tailbacks. There's one every fucking night at 6pm as you're approaching Union Street from Albyn, parked outside Subway. Thus, every car that wants to go straight ahead has to go into the turning right lane, which thens backs up because those wanting to turn right onto Holburn Street have to wait until the filter comes on. I toot and give that cunt the finger EVERY night.

Also in rush hour when people come onto a roundabout when their exit isn't clear and just park in the middle of the fucking roundabout, so people to their left can't get straight across. I just fucking hate inconsiderate drivers I think.

The Garthedee roundabout is a cunt for this. It blatently says KEEP CLEAR, and they can see a queue of traffic waiting to get onto the roundabout but just carry on as if they are the only car on the fucking thing.