aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Best job I've ever had, really worthwhile. Only been doing it proper for 3 weeks after doing a bit of it on the side from my permanent post for 2 years. The bit on the side became the full-time job at the start of the month and it's starting to scare me how everything seems to be falling into my lap lately. Would recommend support work to anyone.

:up:

Excellent!! Maybe one day you could take it a little further and consider social work (but obviously that would depend on if you wanted to study (again?))...

I sound like some sort of recruitment officer!! Haha.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Excellent!! Maybe one day you could take it a little further and consider social work (but obviously that would depend on if you wanted to study (again?))...

Christ no, last time I was at university it was full of horrible students. Hate those things.

It's been decreed by the powers-that-be that I have to start SVQ Level 3 in Working With Offending Behaviour. Been assured I'll find it easy enough but it's still a bore after coing a Masters 7 years ago...

Christ no, last time I was at university it was full of horrible students. Hate those things.

It's been decreed by the powers-that-be that I have to start SVQ Level 3 in Working With Offending Behaviour. Been assured I'll find it easy enough but it's still a bore after coing a Masters 7 years ago...

Haha. It'll be essential because no doubt you'll have to register with the SSSC? Am I right in thinking that? Or perhaps that's only been within children and families for just now and they'll get round to everyone else eventually!! I'm sure the SVQ will be a piece of cake and incredibly interesting.

One day I might venture into the world of working with offenders/ex-offenders, but just now I'm sticking with the kids! Ha. I wrote my dissertation on youth crime, so maybe I'll combine the two.

God, I know. Or when it gets given a green squiggle despite the suggestion it gives as a substitute is just silly and wrong. Or when it just says "Fragment" which really means that Bill Gates thinks your sentence is too short, and you must lengthen it, you illiterate nonce! Hate.

I too, also hate people who spend too long at cash machines. Especially when you get DOUBLECARDED. Oh yes. They withdraw a couple of tens from one bank account. Then OHHH SHIT! This chump has two accounts, so they withdraw another amount from their second account, thrusting themselves upon the cusp of insufferable human inconvenience. I know I'm having one of those terrible days when I get stuck beind someone either a) printing off 12 pages of bank statement, or b) using a cash machine to top up their phone. Ugh!

The recent school holidays made me realise how much I hate teenagers, and the ones that dick about on top of the St Nicks Centre, with their male make up, and their dry humping.

That TV show Skins and everyone in it. Bunch of ridiculous cartoon cunts who live nothing like anyone. Real teenagers (should) live in confusion and shame, there's no ex-sitcom stars helping us along and it's all shit and awkward.

I hate it and everything associated with it. And that shrew-faced bitch Effy can fuck off staring at me and grinning like an idiot whenever I check my myspace. But it's my own fault for having a myspace. Still. Raah.

That TV show Skins and everyone in it. Bunch of ridiculous cartoon cunts who live nothing like anyone. Real teenagers (should) live in confusion and shame, there's no ex-sitcom stars helping us along and it's all shit and awkward.

I hate it and everything associated with it. And that shrew-faced bitch Effy can fuck off staring at me and grinning like an idiot whenever I check my myspace. But it's my own fault for having a myspace. Still. Raah.

Sad thing is that there are tons of cunts like those shit-jockeys on Skins these days. Aberdeen isn't too bad in that respect. I pity the people of London though :down:

London mate.

My ex turned into a caricature of that lot when she moved down, her and her friends are basically an uglier version of skins.

Tossers.

There are exceptions like names and stuff but other than that. Actually I'm completely wrong. Shit.

Exactly! i've been doing stuff on the Iranian revolution where everybody's mother (is that a saying?) has a name that i can't even pronounce, and that spell check hates.

say it brother. that show gets on my wick. the first series was bearable, but i saw maybe 10 minutes of this newest one, and srsly, it's epitomises everything that is wrong with an entire generation of people. it seems to combine the writing skills of a 17 year old media student and a bunch of 30/40 somethings writing about how they wished their teenage years were really like, completely based around several pop culture references each episode.

thing is...most teenagers NEVER experience anything remotely close to what happens in these shows. i spent my time playing burnout on the game cube and watching terrible Saturday television. this program only alienates those perhaps more anxious/paranoid/let out feel even more alone.

adam and joe did a great piece about it here;

brilliant.

Guest treader.
and their dry humping.

I'm hoping you mean the whole 'haha, isn't it funny to act like we're gay' thing.

otherwise, i'm not sure why people are dry humping on top of St Nicks.

I too, also hate people who spend too long at cash machines. Especially when you get DOUBLECARDED. Oh yes. They withdraw a couple of tens from one bank account. Then OHHH SHIT! This chump has two accounts, so they withdraw another amount from their second account, thrusting themselves upon the cusp of insufferable human inconvenience. I know I'm having one of those terrible days when I get stuck beind someone either a) printing off 12 pages of bank statement, or b) using a cash machine to top up their phone. Ugh!

I'm back from a recent visit to Sainsburys, where the wifie in front of me bought a 67p carton of ham on one bankcard, then used a different bank card for a 95p carton of plasters! Took bloody ages and the entire time I just thought of The Dude buying milk with a cheque...

I'm back from a recent visit to Sainsburys, where the wifie in front of me bought a 67p carton of ham on one bankcard, then used a different bank card for a 95p carton of plasters! Took bloody ages and the entire time I just thought of The Dude buying milk with a cheque...

i bought milk with a cheque once when i was 17 and really really skint. felt like a total dick for doing it but i really needed milk.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Haha. It'll be essential because no doubt you'll have to register with the SSSC? Am I right in thinking that? Or perhaps that's only been within children and families for just now and they'll get round to everyone else eventually!! I'm sure the SVQ will be a piece of cake and incredibly interesting.

One day I might venture into the world of working with offenders/ex-offenders, but just now I'm sticking with the kids! Ha. I wrote my dissertation on youth crime, so maybe I'll combine the two.

Spot on missus, everyone in this line of work has to be on the register eventually so we don't upset the Care Commission. This will be the second bloody SVQ I've done since graduating. Had to do Level 2 Care when I worked in residential care before joining Sacro. The last SVQ was mind-numbingly boring but a total dawdle and I expect more of the same.

Again, it's a great job to get into. Sacro also have Youth Justice and Street Mediation as well as Criminal Justice so you'd have a field day if you joined our happy ship...

:up:

Picture this; you're sitting in your living room, maybe having a few beers. It's late. Your flat mate/partner stands up, yawns and says "I'm away to bed". You look up and say "see you tomorrow". As you do.

THEN, he/she/it says, in a hugely irritating voice, "...don't you mean today?" This is usually combined with a knowing wink, or a nod towards the clock.

NO, I DO NOT MEAN TODAY. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT, IT'S STILL TODAY. TODAY IS NOT TOMORROW. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAANT.

Picture this; you're sitting in your living room, maybe having a few beers. It's late. Your flat mate/partner stands up, yawns and says "I'm away to bed". You look up and say "see you tomorrow". As you do.

THEN, he/she/it says, in a hugely irritating voice, "...don't you mean today?" This is usually combined with a knowing wink, or a nod towards the clock.

NO, I DO NOT MEAN TODAY. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT, IT'S STILL TODAY. TODAY IS NOT TOMORROW. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAANT.

Yup. I agree. It's not the next day until you've been to sleep!

But I would say goodnight rather than see you tomorrow! Haha.

The bus this morning was just a terrible experience entirely.

It was bad enough having to put up with some teeange ned quines listening to shit R&B on their phones speaker, but then there was the ned mum. A mother from Manchester having a very-audible-to-the-whole-bus conversation on the phone to "Aunt Jenny". Holy fucking christ.

"No, she can't look at photos of him anymore....No, she can look at the ones she's got out, but not other ones......That sounds a bit wrong.....No, you can't have photos of someone in their coffin......She's not......that's not normal......was it an open casket......No, thats not right if she's looking at that......yeah, but he's dead......that's not normal, im gonna get that and get rid of that photo.........I don't know why she's whinging about it, she's not on the will......Oh, I am.......Yeah, she must be about 90 by now, thats me closer to me inheritance........No it IS a religion, they take photos of their dead relatives, they just look like they're sleeping........Yeah, how funny is that.......haha, imagine having that framed in the living room, yer dead dad.....yeah "say hello to granny kids"......HAHAHHA"

Not a single line of that is made up. She said every part of that.