aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

It is, it is. I just dislike them so much that I struggle to even do that!!! :down:

At least there is little chance of coming into contact. My tissue method sometimes leads to escape and skin touching, leading to girly shaking off and a more annoyed tissue grab which is usually the source of the squash. Spiders never bothered me when I was younger, I'm not sure when I turned into such a wuss with them...

Guest Gladstone

Spiders under a certain size ain't a problem in my household. I just pick them up and put them outside. The size of spider I'm comfortable with seems to have got gradually smaller since I got bitten by one innocent looking one (in New fucking Deer!) a few years ago.

I have no problem with the glass and paper method though.

I have twice seen spiders that I just wouldn't go fucking near though. One in my brother in law's house in Cruden Bay. I swear it was the size of my hand. My brother in law did catch it in one of those plastic chinese takeaway containers, and got the lid on and a couple of holes in it so it could breathe. We were going to take it to a lab or some shit to see if it was normal, but in the end I very irresponsibly let it loose on Polmuir Road. I hope nobody died...

I'm pretty sure it was just an over-sized spider, and wouldn't have eaten any children, but it was pretty fucking big.

There was another huge one in my flat on King Street a few years ago. We were having a wee songwriting session and this enormous spider ran across the carpet. I was like "I'm normally fine with spiders but I don't mind admitting that I'm a bit scared of that fucking thing." Everyone else was like "don't be a fag" etc etc. So I challenged each of them to deal with it, which was met with "well it's your flat...".

In the end Elphi (our singer) stood up, "stop being a bunch of fucking homos" and very manly launched a hardback atlas at it from a distance of about six feet. The poor spider was pretty mangled after a few direct hits.

/Cool story bro

Spiders under a certain size ain't a problem in my household. I just pick them up and put them outside. The size of spider I'm comfortable with seems to have got gradually smaller since I got bitten by one innocent looking one (in New fucking Deer!) a few years ago.

I have no problem with the glass and paper method though.

I have twice seen spiders that I just wouldn't go fucking near though. One in my brother in law's house in Cruden Bay. I swear it was the size of my hand. My brother in law did catch it in one of those plastic chinese takeaway containers, and got the lid on and a couple of holes in it so it could breathe. We were going to take it to a lab or some shit to see if it was normal, but in the end I very irresponsibly let it loose on Polmuir Road. I hope nobody died...

I'm pretty sure it was just an over-sized spider, and wouldn't have eaten any children, but it was pretty fucking big.

There was another huge one in my flat on King Street a few years ago. We were having a wee songwriting session and this enormous spider ran across the carpet. I was like "I'm normally fine with spiders but I don't mind admitting that I'm a bit scared of that fucking thing." Everyone else was like "don't be a fag" etc etc. So I challenged each of them to deal with it, which was met with "well it's your flat...".

In the end Elphi (our singer) stood up, "stop being a bunch of fucking homos" and very manly launched a hardback atlas at it from a distance of about six feet. The poor spider was pretty mangled after a few direct hits.

/Cool story bro

maybe it was one of these: Brazilian wandering spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

they've been known to stowaway in banana shipments. scary stuff!

When I worked in a supermarket as a youngster, we used to get bananas which came in from Jamaica, and quite a few times when I opened the box there would be a big fucking Jamaican spider lurking in amongst the bananas. I used to just put them on the floor and stamp on the fuckers. If I squished a few bananas along the way, then so be it. One time there was a frog. I couldn't bring myself to stamp on a frog, so I let it live, I think it just hopped away.

maybe it was one of these: Brazilian wandering spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

they've been known to stowaway in banana shipments. scary stuff!

Fucking hell!

Aside from causing intense pain, the venom of the spider can also cause priapism in humans. Erections resulting from the bite are uncomfortable, can last for many hours and can lead to impotence. .[6]

When I worked in a supermarket as a youngster, we used to get bananas which came in from Jamaica, and quite a few times when I opened the box there would be a big fucking Jamaican spider lurking in amongst the bananas. I used to just put them on the floor and stamp on the fuckers. If I squished a few bananas along the way, then so be it. One time there was a frog. I couldn't bring myself to stamp on a frog, so I let it live, I think it just hopped away.

Did you not see that episode of The Simpson's when they went to Australia?

What do you mean "I think it just hopped away"? Did you not see where it went?