aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Fake smokers. Get an addiction or fuck off.

Is this aimed at those people, who on frosty days, blow out hot air from their lungs, and it looks like they are smoking from a certain distance?

My mum once thought she saw me smoking on my way home from school, but it was actually -1 outside. My step dad still gutted my bedroom trying to find 'them'. Mint.

Pet Hate - Broken laptop :down: - I think this may just be down to my inquisitive puppy chewing holes in the power cable, hopefully can be remedied with the purchase of a new power cable.

Related pet hate - PC World trying to charge 70 for a power cable. Get fucked!

Unrelated pet hate - Tall people at gigs. And also those fucking pillars at the Lemon Tree, also the speaker stacks out in front of the stage and everything else in that place that makes it impossible to see the stage.

Guest Gladstone

Pretty unoriginal, but it's quite new for me. Mondays. I just fucking hate Mondays these days.

I think Fridays and Mondays should just be part of the weekend. Get paid the same amount of money to work Tuesday-Thursday. That's how it should be.

If you're an old bastard like me, a couple of days of drinking at a festival, or drinking at a wedding or at a stag weekend or anything similar and you're still completely fucked on Monday. I should probably just stop drinking and then Mondays may not seem so shit, but I'd rather have a 4-day weekend.

I think Fridays and Mondays should just be part of the weekend. Get paid the same amount of money to work Tuesday-Thursday. That's how it should be.

If you're an old bastard like me, a couple of days of drinking at a festival, or drinking at a wedding or at a stag weekend or anything similar and you're still completely fucked on Monday. I should probably just stop drinking and then Mondays may not seem so shit, but I'd rather have a 4-day weekend.

I agree with everything in this post. I think also that you shouldn't have to go to work when you don't want to, within reason. You should just turn up a couple of times a week, maybe five or even six if you're in the mood, but should not have to when you would rather stay at home and watch Gilmore Girls. Its so unfair. I'm not working just now as I am researching in the Cairngorms for my dissertation. I am however not, I am sitting in my living room watching Sky Sports news and wanking sporadically. Thats the way it should be, always.

Guest idol_wild
Pretty unoriginal, but it's quite new for me. Mondays. I just fucking hate Mondays these days.

Man up, bitch.

Contact lenses. Fine for a few hours but always start drying out and becoming uncomfortable by lunchtime when I'm at work. Then by about 4pm they'll be almost unbearable but I'll still have to keep them in until I get home from training at 8.30pm.

Eye drops help, but only for 10 minutes. Shite.

Unrelated pet hate - Tall people at gigs. And also those fucking pillars at the Lemon Tree, also the speaker stacks out in front of the stage and everything else in that place that makes it impossible to see the stage.

I would like to add to this by mentioning fannies who film entire songs by raising cameras above their head. I don't want to try and peer around your arms and i'd rather not watch the gig on your 2" screen. I already have the cunt with a terrible variant on Paul Weller's haircut who acts like he is at his first ever gig and can't decide whether he wants his jacket on or off to deal with thankyouverymuchhaveaniceday.

Guest Gladstone
Contact lenses. Fine for a few hours but always start drying out and becoming uncomfortable by lunchtime when I'm at work. Then by about 4pm they'll be almost unbearable but I'll still have to keep them in until I get home from training at 8.30pm.

Eye drops help, but only for 10 minutes. Shite.

I ripped a contact lens at the Wizard Festival on Saturday afternoon. I didn't have a spare, so I was going about one-eyed for the rest of the day. I couldn't be hooped wearing glasses all day because they annoy me most of the time. The one-eyed thing was pretty weird until I got pissed and everything was blurry anyway...

I wish I just had 20-20 vision.

People who don't pay attention, like the twats playing on their phone who walk right into you then look pissed off. Oh I'm sorry, if you can't be arsed looking while you walk then I can't be arsed moving out of the way completely.

That and the dumb customers

e.g.

"would you like hot or cold milk with your coffee?"

"oh yes..."

"hot or cold?"

"what?"

"hot or cold milk..."

"oh... um, cold, no wait, um..."

IT'S FUCKING MILK, DECIDE ALREADY.

I hate that we have questions we have to ask every time.

People who don't pay attention, like the twats playing on their phone who walk right into you then look pissed off. Oh I'm sorry, if you can't be arsed looking while you walk then I can't be arsed moving out of the way completely.

e.g.

"oh yes..."

"hot or cold?"

"what?"

"hot or cold milk..."

Who the fuck ever needs asked that? I have never known anyone to request hot milk in their drink, ever. No wonder they were a bit thrown off.

Who the fuck ever needs asked that? I have never known anyone to request hot milk in their drink, ever.

You'd want hot milk in a cappuccino, or a latte. But I guess you'd probably just ask for a cappuccino or a latte and it'd be obvious you wanted hot milk. It would be pretty confusing to just order a normal coffee and ask if you wanted hot or cold milk.

Though I don't imagine it makes any difference to the taste if the milk is hot or cold to the taste.

You'd want hot milk in a cappuccino, or a latte. But I guess you'd probably just ask for a cappuccino or a latte and it'd be obvious you wanted hot milk. It would be pretty confusing to just order a normal coffee and ask if you wanted hot or cold milk.

Though I don't imagine it makes any difference to the taste if the milk is hot or cold to the taste.

Well, hot milk is a given in said drinks, like you said.

Exactly! And a lot of people ask for milk just to cool their drinks down a bit, rather than for a taste difference. This is insanity! Slutbags, your employers are mental! Fucking mental!

We've got to ask it every time and some folk are very particular and want warm milk to have with their coffee. It's a standard question which is really annoying, it's more people not paying attention though. Same happens if you ask "do you want whole or skimmed".

Gotta watch out who you ask "Do you want whole?" to. Some right creeps out there.

e.g.

"oh yes..."

"hot or cold?"

"what?"

"hot or cold milk..."

So basically anything to do with dealing with customers you don't like.

If I got asked that question I wouldn't know why I was being asked it. Even worse if I was ordering something for someone else I would be clueless. God forbid I could earn myself a couple of seconds to think by umm-ing.

When driving and you flash you're lights at someone to pull out in front of you but they're too busy dozing or not looking and don't see your good deed for the day.

At traffic lights where there is a green filter and the driver just sits there like a twat not realizing the green filter is on. Probably the same kind of dozy twat who doesn't realize you're flashing your lights to let them out.

Cunts who drive 30 MPH above the speed limit and cunts who drive at 30 MPH below the speed limit... at all times! Equally annoying in equal measures.

If everyone drove as sensibly as me there would be no accidents on the highways of Britain... Fact :)

Guest idol_wild

e.g.

"oh yes..."

"hot or cold?"

"what?"

"hot or cold milk..."

Are you sure retail is for you?

I've been asked if I wanted hot or cold milk in a standard coffee before and looked at the person serving like they were a mentalist, so re-dressing the balance for the scorned customers.

There would be something far wrong if you ordered a cappucino or latte and they gave you cold milk. The very nature of the beverage wouldn't exist. That would be an Americano with milk.

My pet hate is again the cat who keeps shitting in my garden. The spray obviously didn't work, ultrasonic device may have to be next step. A fucking wheelie bin would be it's nirvana if I catch the fucking thing.

Guest idol_wild
My pet hate is again the cat who keeps shitting in my garden. The spray obviously didn't work, ultrasonic device may have to be next step. A fucking wheelie bin would be it's nirvana if I catch the fucking thing.

That really is a pet hate. Like it.

My mum had this little trick of filling up empty plastic drinks bottles (with all labels removed) with water, and partially inserting them upside down into the soil. Apparently, when a cat catches the distorted reflection of itself on the bottle, it shits an absolute egg roll (not literally) and runs away.