aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I thought Uggs were for girls?

Fluffy boots? Away, ye pansy!

Weren't they originally meant for men? I'm sure I read something about how they started out in australia for surfer dudes to slip their cold feet into after being at the beach. Then the celebs started wearing them and they were seen as girly. I will admit, they look wierd as hell on men...

Weren't they originally meant for men? I'm sure I read something about how they started out in australia for surfer dudes to slip their cold feet into after being at the beach. Then the celebs started wearing them and they were seen as girly. I will admit, they look wierd as hell on men...

I think that's correct. However it seems that Ugg have started to produce more styles now. I have to admit, that those one which fall, crumpled on the heels of said screaming girls are about as naff today, as 'plates' where in the 70's.

Eugh that is a pet hate of mine; little chavs wearing ugg-like boots from primark, and end up walking over the side of them. How can you not realise that you're walking half on, half off of the bloody sole??? And scuffing their feet, ARGH, my parents would have screamed at me if I'd scuffed my feet along the pavement.

It's getting increasingly annoying the amount of times little chavs hang about union square and make trouble. They never buy anything, they just wander around. What the hell is the point?? The amount of times they sit down in the seating area at my work and I ask them to leave, and it's always either at the busiest time or when we're closed and cleaning up. I'm polite about it and explain there are benches upstairs and all I get is "ah fuck off"

Ugg boots are absolutely grotesque. Honestly, they look as bad on wimmin as they do on men. A classic example of how hype and decent marketing can brainwash anyone. I mean, look at them! A pair of big furry minges on your cloppers? And that's meant to look stylish?

If my wifeburd got a pair of mingeboots I'd boot her in the Ugg.

The Mrs and I were wandering aroung the Northern Quarter of Manchester last weekend. After seeing a pair of the fucking monstrosities on every second pair of feet, I informed her that if she ever bought Ugg boots I'd probably have to jump off a tall building, maybe the silly big Hilton hotel for temporary geographical convenience.

Happily, she agreed that Ugg boots are absolutely fucking horrid and she wouldn't be seen dead in a pair. Hurrah!

Eugh that is a pet hate of mine; little chavs wearing ugg-like boots from primark, and end up walking over the side of them. How can you not realise that you're walking half on, half off of the bloody sole??? And scuffing their feet, ARGH, my parents would have screamed at me if I'd scuffed my feet along the pavement.

It's getting increasingly annoying the amount of times little chavs hang about union square and make trouble. They never buy anything, they just wander around. What the hell is the point?? The amount of times they sit down in the seating area at my work and I ask them to leave, and it's always either at the busiest time or when we're closed and cleaning up. I'm polite about it and explain there are benches upstairs and all I get is "ah fuck off"

Can you call security and get them tazered or something?

Evidence???

The only times I was remotely trying to be fashionable were the early 70s (grandad vest, black velvet trousers, blue suede cuban-heeled boots), and the late 70s, when I gat a short haircut and got tight drainpipes etc. Otherwise I've never got a clue what the tabloids etc are telling us I should be wearing.

I don't even know what Ugg boots are....although I assume they're furry from this thread.

Evidence???

The only times I was remotely trying to be fashionable were the early 70s (grandad vest, black velvet trousers, blue suede cuban-heeled boots), and the late 70s, when I gat a short haircut and got tight drainpipes etc. Otherwise I've never got a clue what the tabloids etc are telling us I should be wearing.

I don't even know what Ugg boots are....although I assume they're furry from this thread.

I want some blue suede cuban-heeled boots.

I would veto any Mrs Bigsby purchase of Ugg boots, I don't really mind the way they look but they're a hundred and fifty fucking notes or something daft like that.

Hi Tech got a bad rep. I had some Hi Tech football boots and they were ace. I then got a pair of Puma Kings when I grew out of the old ones, and they were shit. Felt like they were made of concrete.

Puma Kings are the Maradona of fitba boots. Adidas Copa Mundial are the Pele.

Hi Tecs are the Lee McCulloch.