aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The new Facebook homepage. I wish they would stop fucking around with it. Now they've got rid of the option to only view status updates, which is the only bit I generally look at, now you have to use the "Live Feed" option to get status updates, which is full of shit like "Joe has just got a new baby seal on Zootown. It's only a few hours old and it misses it's mummy. Will you look after it?" and Shaun: "I am looking for Valentines for Valentine's Day! I wish I had more Valentine gifts to tell me that I'm loveable." and "Jessica became a fan of Skins, Sue Sylvester (GLEE) and Aberdeen Zombie Defence League".

I need better friends.

Puma Kings are the Maradona of fitba boots. Adidas Copa Mundial are the Pele.

Hi Tecs are the Lee McCulloch.

Haha, you forgot about the stalwart "Tipson Shooting Stars":)

I had Puma Dalglish, and Partick Bilbo............cracking boots. The worst I had was a pair of Mitre mouldies. They were shaped like frikking canal boats.

Guest idol_wild
Hi Tech got a bad rep. I had some Hi Tech football boots and they were ace. I then got a pair of Puma Kings when I grew out of the old ones, and they were shit. Felt like they were made of concrete.

Fuck all wrong with Hi Tech. My first pair of football boots were called Gola Argentina. My second pair were Puma Maradonnas.

Yet I hate both Argentina and Maradonna.

Back in the Gola days, I yearned for a pair of Hi Techs.

Guest idol_wild
Kai used to play in the leagues at Goals wearing nail polish and a pair of Arrow fitba boots.

Funnily enough, he seemed to get singled out for some treatment

Brave man. Some proper minky bastards used to play at Goals - I remember a team called Shadwell in the Wednesday night league who were a bunch of proper minks, who looked to dish out some GBH whenever they could.

Annoyingly, they were a pretty useful team and usually won the league. Cunts.

My current pet hate: not playing football anymore.

Fuck all wrong with Hi Tech. My first pair of football boots were called Gola Argentina. My second pair were Puma Maradonnas.

Yet I hate both Argentina and Maradonna.

Back in the Gola days, I yearned for a pair of Hi Techs.

Having recently taken up hillwalking I went to buy some boots last year and was suprised, and a little bit horrified, to find that Hi-Tech are a reasonably well thought of brand in that arena.

I used to have a pair of hi-tec trainers when I was younger that were truly terrible. They even had a solid clear bit of plastic in the heal to mimic Nike Airs. They were alright for destroying in muddy parks and stuff though.

Hi-Tec Badmintons were about the only trainers I ever wore in primary school. We were poor.

They were like this but blue

hitec-squash-prodProduct.jpg

I think I may have had a couple of pairs of Golas or Dunlops, but mostly it was Hi-Tec. When one pair got wrecked I'd get another pair exactly the same.

It all changed when I got to secondary and you got beat up for not having Reebok Pumps or La Gear.

I've had a pair of hi-tec walking boots since my 12th birthday (making them 10 years old in April) and they are showing no signs of dying anytime soon. They are my favourite things ever. They have lasted through many winters, ascended many hills and were my sole source of foot protection in a ramble around ex-Yugoslavian nations (where many hills were ascended). Hi-tec are the shit when it comes to walking boots. They are the dogs bollocks and the bee's knees too. You might say to me: "but milesdyson (not that anyone calls me that), you've only had one pair of walking boots in your life. How do you know what you're talking about?" and then I would reply: "exactly! You only need one pair when you choose to buy hi-tec. Aaaaah."

I have 22 pound black umbro boots. They are worthy of my mediocre and erratic footballing skills. Mind you I have Adidas F10 astro boots, worthy of my mad 6-a-side skills. I always had Canterbury boots as a lad if you know what a' sayin...

Dallas, are you saying that your cloppers haven't grown since you were twelve? Do you realise how fuckin freakish that is?

I have Adidas Predator fitba boots (lent from Adam Easy Wishes, that I still haven't returned) and Fila astroboots.

I like Hi Tec Silver Shadows. I always thought they looked pretty fly.

People calling LTD guitars "a limited ESP".

1. LTD doesn't stand for limited.

2. It isn't limited in terms of quantity.

3. Yes, ESP guitars own and produce the LTD range, but it's like saying "I have an Epiphone Gibson". No, you have an Epiphone. They are named something different so they are more distinguishable and can be recognised at that quality level. ESPs are of higher quality, and if it says "ESP", it is made better (attention to detail, specs, quality of components, grade of wood etc.) than the LTDs.

4. No, your 400 is NOT as good as the 1200 ESP that you saw at the back of the shop.

Grumble.

I think I used to have Gola football boots, then Mitres, then Cica Blades. Haven't owned a pair of boots since leaving school though.

My first was some unnamed pair my mum got cheap somewhere...they still had tan coloured toecaps (1950s style). My next pair were white 'Alan Ball' ones (can't recall the brand). Then, in my Amateur League days, I got Adidas Inters...and I still have a pair which haven't been worn since c.1985.

You know what I mean! Main logo on the front of the headstock as opposed to on the volute or truss rod cover.

:)

Aye I know. I still call my guitar an ESP LTD though, because it IS an ESP. They include the LTD range on their website and in their brochures.

Whereas my perception of Epiphone and Gibson are they're more like completely seperate brands, just that one produces official budget copies of the other and happens to be owned by that company.

But still, you'd have to be pretty stupid to expect a 500 LTD to be the same quality as an ESP that cost double that.

Dallas, are you saying that your cloppers haven't grown since you were twelve? Do you realise how fuckin freakish that is?

I have Adidas Predator fitba boots (lent from Adam Easy Wishes, that I still haven't returned) and Fila astroboots.

I like Hi Tec Silver Shadows. I always thought they looked pretty fly.

I'm rockin' the Silver Shadows at the moment. They're still the business.

Need new boots for playing kicky ball, been using the same pair of preds for 3/4 years now, they're starting to cause more damage to my toes than a Marouane Fellaini two footed challenge.

I hate that I lack the will power and self control to drag myself to bed at a sensible time when I'm starting to feel tired instead of staying up 'til 1.30 on a work night to play MW2.

What does the LTD stand for on LTD guitars?

Alot of LTD's now come with blank Truss Rod covers, but many years ago a chap in a guitar shop in Huddersfield was adamant that the ones that said both ESP (on the TR cover) and LTD (on the top of the headstock) on them were different, and also better than 'just LTD'.

I was 17, and believed him.

Aye I know. I still call my guitar an ESP LTD though, because it IS an ESP. They include the LTD range on their website and in their brochures.

Whereas my perception of Epiphone and Gibson are they're more like completely seperate brands, just that one produces official budget copies of the other and happens to be owned by that company.

But still, you'd have to be pretty stupid to expect a 500 LTD to be the same quality as an ESP that cost double that.

Yeah, it's a difficult one to try and get across how I mean it.

I guess what irks me is when someone insists that their LTD is the same as one solely marked as an ESP. Simply not the same.

What does the LTD stand for on LTD guitars?

From asking someone that worked in the ESP Custom Shop in Tokyo, it doesn't stand for anything whatsoever. ESP is "Electric Sound Products". LTD, as much as it would be the simple assumption to think "Limited", has no expansion.

:up: