aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I have lucid dreams all the time. I suffer from a sleep disorder called sleep paralysis and get it several times a week - have done ever since my early teens. I've learned a way to deal with it which involves turning the episode into a lucid dream. It's pretty cool if you don't mind the sheer, terrifying assault on your subconsicous that precedes it.

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That sounds really unpleasant. My only recent terrifying dream experiences were when I quit smoking using the patch program. Having a nicotine feed when you're asleep can do some fantastic things to your dreams. Especially the demonic beastmen biting me :down:

Lucky Rathen, this book had a whole section on sleep sex, as well as flying. I wish I could remember the title now... sadly, my sole lucid dream experience was a momentary realisation when wandering round my childhood home (in the dream)

That sounds really unpleasant. My only recent terrifying dream experiences were when I quit smoking using the patch program. Having a nicotine feed when you're asleep can do some fantastic things to your dreams. Especially the demonic beastmen biting me :down:

Lucky Rathen, this book had a whole section on sleep sex, as well as flying. I wish I could remember the title now... sadly, my sole lucid dream was a momentary realisation when wandering round my childhood home.

It's really, really unpleasant. I have recurring hallucinations that someone is breaking into my flat. I can see the handle turning, hear them on the other side and everything. And it's so very, very vivid. It's as real as if it were really happening in front of me.

When I was a kid it was much more abstract - animals in the room, birds flying over me.

A recurring one is that someone has their hands around my ankles and I'm being dragged... every so slowly, to the bottom of the bed with my face disappearing under the covers. And it's such a smooth, slow movement that it's almost other-worldly.

I've had what other people might class as out of body experiences where I have floated high above my bed. You're basically wide awake, but your brain is still feeding you dream like experiences. Kind of like a bad trip. And because the sensation is so unpleasant, you trip really negative, horrible stuff.

I think most people will suffer from it once or twice in their lifetime but I'm just one of the unlucky ones whose brain wiring is all shot to hell.

It's really, really unpleasant. I have recurring hallucinations that someone is breaking into my flat. I can see the handle turning, hear them on the other side and everything. And it's so very, very vivid. It's as real as if it were really happening in front of me.

When I was a kid it was much more abstract - animals in the room, birds flying over me.

A recurring one is that someone has their hands around my ankles and I'm being dragged... every so slowly, to the bottom of the bed with my face disappearing under the covers. And it's such a smooth, slow movement that it's almost other-worldly.

I've had what other people might class as out of body experiences where I have floated high above my bed. You're basically wide awake, but your brain is still feeding you dream like experiences. Kind of like a bad trip. And because the sensation is so unpleasant, you trip really negative, horrible stuff.

I think most people will suffer from it once or twice in their lifetime but I'm just one of the unlucky ones whose brain wiring is all shot to hell.

That's dark. Is it triggered by stress or sleep deprivation like the wikipedia entry says or is it just inexplicably constant?

That's dark. Is it triggered by stress or sleep deprivation like the wikipedia entry says or is it just inexplicably constant?

I don't know what triggers it as I get it all the time and have done for years and years. But certain things definitely make it worse including stress. Also having a nap in the daytime is almost a guarantee I'll get it at night, or if I've been woken up at intervals during the night or had my sleep interrupted in any way.

I've also helped this guy out with some research. He was on The One Show recently talking about sleep paralysis and arguing that it's an explanation for alien abduction, ghostly sightings etc. I completely agree with him

The waking nightmare of sleep paralysis | Chris French | Science | guardian.co.uk

Chris French - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I get a weird sleep thing where I fall asleep, and after about twenty minutes I start dreaming, but in the dream there's always something wrong with me because I'm really dizzy, usually in the dream I've been drinking or taking drugs or something, and I'm trying to walk straight but the whole world is spinning. Gradually I wake up and when I open my eyes the bedroom is actually spinning as well. Then I can't get back to sleep for about two hours. It happens about twice a week and it's always 20 minutes after going to sleep. :/

I also agree with whoever was talking about nicotine patches fucking up your dreams / sleep. I learned to take them off before going to sleep after having wacky nightmares.

Actually now that I think of it, the last thing I do before I go to sleep is have a fag. I wonder if that's somehow connected to the spinny bedroom thing...

Guest Gladstone
I have lucid dreams all the time. I suffer from a sleep disorder called sleep paralysis and get it several times a week - have done ever since my early teens. I've learned a way to deal with it which involves turning the episode into a lucid dream. It's pretty cool if you don't mind the sheer, terrifying assault on your subconsicous that precedes it.

Sleep paralysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I used to get this for years, nearly every night - bloody horrible. Although in the end, I just got used to it to the point that I knew what was happening, and I didn't try to move, just relaxed and let myself come out of it. Hasn't happened for years though.

I had some horrible episodes though - one where I was dreaming my older brother was on my bedroom floor choking, but I couldn't get up to help him, one where my flatmate came into my room totally smacked out on drugs and acting totally weird, but I couldn't move or do or say anything, various ones where things were flying round my room, and various times when that little demon thing was sitting on me stopping me moving. Really freaky. It all happened between the ages of about 17-21 I think, and just stopped.

Guest Gladstone
Still waiting.

COME ON!!!

Now having to make a life-changing really difficult decision.

How the fuck am I supposed to know what to do...??

Remember having to pick your school subjects that will affect the rest of your life when you were 13/14? Well this is like that but a million times more important.

That advert is on telly now too. It's unbelievable that someone thought it was ever a good idea.

Radio jingles in general are infuriating.

Also:

*Go comppaaaare! Go compaaare!

*Compare the meerkat! - dot com.

*Call Thistle Windows Aberdeen 706555, Thistle Windows Aberdeen 706555.

Obviously they work, because they are stuck in my fucking head all day.

Guest Gladstone
Radio jingles in general are infuriating.

Also:

*Go comppaaaare! Go compaaare!

*Compare the meerkat! - dot com.

*Call Thistle Windows Aberdeen 706555, Thistle Windows Aberdeen 706555.

Obviously they work, because they are stuck in my fucking head all day.

Anyone that has heard that bastard Thistle Windows advert knows the number. Thing is, I would NEVER buy windows from a company with an advert like that. It must work though.

I was just on the verge of posting the same thing.

The cunties.

I bought windows from them, they were very professional and fairly priced.

Unlike one of the other companies I got a quote from who just kept trying to bad mouth Thistle windows and even told blatant lies about them to stop me from accepting their quote! So there's another pet hate: cuntish salesmen.

I bought windows from them, they were very professional and fairly priced.

Unlike one of the other companies I got a quote from who just kept trying to bad mouth Thistle windows and even told blatant lies about them to stop me from accepting their quote! So there's another pet hate: cuntish salesmen.

Strange, the quote I got from Thistle was huge. almost what i paid for the hoose!

I used to get this for years, nearly every night - bloody horrible. Although in the end, I just got used to it to the point that I knew what was happening, and I didn't try to move, just relaxed and let myself come out of it. Hasn't happened for years though.

I had some horrible episodes though - one where I was dreaming my older brother was on my bedroom floor choking, but I couldn't get up to help him, one where my flatmate came into my room totally smacked out on drugs and acting totally weird, but I couldn't move or do or say anything, various ones where things were flying round my room, and various times when that little demon thing was sitting on me stopping me moving. Really freaky. It all happened between the ages of about 17-21 I think, and just stopped.

I had a real weird dream a few weeks ago. I dreamt I was being held captive, but in the end the folk got fed up and tied me to a bed started to cut my head off by pushing a big carving knife on my throat. I heard one of them say " I wonder why he's not screaming" then I woke up with a sore throat which lasted 3 days...............just plain friggin weird!!!

Strange, the quote I got from Thistle was huge. almost what i paid for the hoose!

Was the quote to build a new house?

All I'm saying is I got a number of quotes for windows in my old flat and Thistle weren't the most expensive, they weren't the very cheapest but they did a very good job of fitting the windows and didn't resort to the dirty tactics that another company tried (who were the cheapest but put me off by slandering their rivals).

As with most things I'm sure some people probably have different experiences with them than I did, but I'd happily recommend them and use them again.