aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

live poker is no fun. You can only play one table at a time, about 30 hands an hour. I play anything from five to twelve tables at a time at about 70 hands per hour each. Live poker is just so fuckin slow and boring

Disagree: I prefer the glacial pace of a live game as it's the best way of pitting your concentration and endurance against other players and watching them hold their composure/slowly fall apart. Not to mention the fact there's a unique atmosphere round a table that you don't get behind a screen....

I'd crucify any of you at Hold-Em

Ach, pit yer gloves back on! Don't play nearly as much as I did when I lived in toon 3/4years ago, but I'm fairly sure I'd give you a run... ;)

I play fairly regularly against guys who live on on-line poker sites which I don't bother with. Despite my status as an 'amateur' I frequently take the cash, leaving them to go and watch the TV sulking after an early knock out, bitching and moaning about percentage hands, the unfairness of it all, etc, etc.

I love whupping cocky internet poker addicts asses.

I also play cards too.

Playing live, I find it almost impossible to avoid being results-orientated. I find myself making marginal folds/calls that are, long-term, losing propositions simply because it's impossible for variance to even out over the course of 30hands/hour.

Maybe you would be able to give me a run live, though I'd doubt it. Pretty sure (almost certain, in fact) that I'd rape you in the tits if we played online over a decent sample size. That goes for any of you!

Guest Gladstone
Playing live, I find it almost impossible to avoid being results-orientated. I find myself making marginal folds/calls that are, long-term, losing propositions simply because it's impossible for variance to even out over the course of 30hands/hour.

Maybe you would be able to give me a run live, though I'd doubt it. Pretty sure (almost certain, in fact) that I'd rape you in the tits if we played online over a decent sample size. That goes for any of you!

If you only you were half as good at drumming...

I play fairly regularly against guys who live on on-line poker sites which I don't bother with. Despite my status as an 'amateur' I frequently take the cash, leaving them to go and watch the TV sulking after an early knock out, bitching and moaning about percentage hands, the unfairness of it all, etc, etc.

I love whupping cocky internet poker addicts asses.

I also play cards too.

LOL results-orientated 'logic' right here. You won, therefore you're better? I doubt it, no offence. If you never play online, it's simply impossible for you to have the same kind of experience as guys who multitable online every day. The online guys who play mathematically are, long term, going to make a lot more money than results-orientated live guys.

LOL results-orientated 'logic' right here. You won, therefore you're better? I doubt it, no offence. If you never play online, it's simply impossible for you to have the same kind of experience as guys who multitable online every day. The online guys who play mathematically are, long term, going to make a lot more money than results-orientated live guys.

I never said I was better.

I just play now and then for fun, I don't need cards as a source of cash.

Jesus guys, I was only suggesting a friendly game of cards over a few beers, I didn't realise it was going to turn into this pissing competition. I don't want an Ab Music poker night any more.

If you think a friendly game of cards over a few beers exists, then you're doing it wrong imo.

Just joshing, I do love to wind up the live poker players though. Gotta do something to stay awake during the interminable Hollywooding and nitrolling of cash games.

I'm in.

I don't like this no more.

I barely play online. For one, because I get far more bored than live play.

And results-orientated live poker is exactly what I'm going for. I want to feel the win of a nice hand, or a good bluff. I don't want to stare at a graph and say "I'm 325% return on investment this year." Poker isn't my income. If it was, maybe I would zone out over 3 gagillion hands per minute. But I'd rather sit and play a cash game with decent players and real chips round a nice felty table with a waitress bringing me a drink whenever I want one.

I don't like this no more.

I barely play online. For one, because I get far more bored than live play.

And results-orientated live poker is exactly what I'm going for. I want to feel the win of a nice hand, or a good bluff. I don't want to stare at a graph and say "I'm 325% return on investment this year." Poker isn't my income. If it was, maybe I would zone out over 3 gagillion hands per minute. But I'd rather sit and play a cash game with decent players and real chips round a nice felty table with a waitress bringing me a drink whenever I want one.

Fair enough, I understand that. For me, poker is about making the right play in any given spot and, as such, profiting financially. For some, it's more social and is about challenging opponents tete-a-tete, in the flesh. Even at the top level, brilliant live cash players such as David Peat are pretty weak online because seeing their opponents gives them their edge. Likewise, some great tourny players like Shaun Deeb can't seem to replicate their success live because of the slower pace and the stubbornness of opponents.

Diff'rent strokes.

results-orientated live poker is exactly what I'm going for. I want to feel the win of a nice hand, or a good bluff. I don't want to stare at a graph and say "I'm 325% return on investment this year." Poker isn't my income. If it was, maybe I would zone out over 3 gagillion hands per minute. But I'd rather sit and play a cash game with decent players and real chips round a nice felty table with a waitress bringing me a drink whenever I want one.

This.

:up:

Likewise, some great tourny players like Shaun Deeb can't seem to replicate their success live because of the slower pace and the stubbornness of opponents.
Maybe because live he can't rip his hair out while shouting "hurry and call you fuckin n0000000000b I'm going to fucking rape you in your fucking ass!" while wearing nothing but his pants and a pink silk smoking jacket.

True. Different strokes.

Despite me much preferring live play, I fucking hate players that sit and talk at my blank unlistening earphoned face to try and get a read or a rise. This is usually of 2 varieties.

A-The "I know what you have, and I know you've got me beat but I'm calling anyway, cos I know you have it, and I'm going to prove I know it." What a twat thing to say. If they are correct, then you lose the hand. If they could raise me/put me all-in, why not do the right amount of that to get me off the hand, unless they think I have the nuts, so again, should be folding. Or finally, what usually happens, they're completely wrong, they had me beat, and everyone thinks "aye mate, your reads are AWESOME, and nice one on letting the table know you love calling when you're behind." Dicks.

B- "You can't call that" or "How can you raise with that?". Its perfectly simple, I did, it's not what you were expecting, because it's not what I'm supposed to do. Poker would be very boring if it was an exact science. Now shut the fuck up.

Looks like we're back to Pet Hates!

• Upvote 1

One of my mates has an annying habit of "buying the hand" with a bluff and then turning over his cards and going "ha ha! I only had a fucking pair of twos and I bluffed all you cunts!" Every time he does it it makes me want to punch him in the face, but it's a great feeling when I call his bluff and TAKE ALL HIS MUUU-FUCKING CHIPS!

One of my mates has an annying habit of "buying the hand" with a bluff and then turning over his cards and going "ha ha! I only had a fucking pair of twos and I bluffed all you cunts!" Every time he does it it makes me want to punch him in the face, but it's a great feeling when I call his bluff and TAKE ALL HIS MUUU-FUCKING CHIPS!
QFT :up: