aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I mean who would really give a shit if the six nations thingy didnt exist?
Me.

Rugby is great. Football is toss. Ice Hockey is better than them both.

If you don't like it, don't watch it, it's not hard. I should know. Football is everywhere, yet I manage to avoid about 99.99% of the games. It was easy as well.

You have to understand that people who do not like sport are fundamentally different form people who do and no good can come from any attempt at a meeting of minds. I preach tolerance for the sake of peace, although it does seem a little unreasonable that my street is occasionally beseiged with celtic fans who say UlNNGHHYAAANUUARRRRAAAAANNAAAH or that's as much as I can relay but at least they're not Rangers I suppose. You apes :up:

This is true. World Cups are the worst for people like me. I just don't understand. I mean, it's obviously making people happy and excited, so it's a good thing. I just feel alien during them.

As a kid I was confused as to why sport would take up the last 1/3 of a news paper but never movies or music or something.

I am reminded of The IT Crowd episode where Moss has learned how to talk about football so he can have conversation with 'real men.' Absolutely fucking hilarious.

Being into sport means you drink too much and watch too much television. o_O

That episode was great. They should have put up a helpline number at the end for the sportless.

That episode was great. They should have put up a helpline number at the end for the sportless.

I found it vindicated my personal belief that the sportless should not dabble in sport. Perhaps a helpline or support group could be useful, in tandem with knocking the shit out of anonymous and consenting men in a basement to compensate :up:

Right then. I haven't thought of a decent pet hate in quite some time, but what about those knackers that whap out their guitars in certain social situations for absolutely no fucking reason? Attention-seeking arseholes, the lot of them. "Ohhh, what's that? Earthquake in Haiti, you say? Hundreds of thousands dead, you say? Let me get the ol' guitar out, this sounds like a James Blunt moment!"

Listen here you self-important oxygen thief: you can only play three songs, and when you sing it sounds like a mouse being sucked through a goddamn vacuum cleaner. The last thing that those of us who possess a working brain want to hear is some cunt who's probably doing a ridiculous fucking degree like Film Studies that'll never get him a job bumbling his way through "Blowing in the Wind". We're not in a music venue and this isn't an open mic night, so take your 100 Squier and fuck off back to your bedroom before I smash it across your face.

Honestly, I don't think there's many things that are more cringeworthy than this. You know what's worse, though? The brainless fucking mutants who turn and gawk in awe at these attention-seekers, as if they're some kind of modern day Bob Dylan. "Holy shit! This guy can play Smoke on the Water... on an acoustic guitar!" FUCKING WOW. What the fuck are you idiots doing?! Stop acting like you've never seen a floppy-haired waste of spunk playing atrocious renditions of songs you don't even like and just ignore the prick. One time I was rolling on the #20 bus (which was as full of pricks as it usually is) and all of a sudden some American guy pulls out the acoustic and starts mumbling through one of the worst recreations of Freebird I've ever heard... AND EVERYONE ON THE BUS JUST ATE IT THE FUCK UP.

Pricks.

• Upvote 1

Right then. I haven't thought of a decent pet hate in quite some time, but what about those knackers that whap out their guitars in certain social situations for absolutely no fucking reason? Attention-seeking arseholes, the lot of them. "Ohhh, what's that? Earthquake in Haiti, you say? Hundreds of thousands dead, you say? Let me get the ol' guitar out, this sounds like a James Blunt moment!"

Listen here you self-important oxygen thief: you can only play three songs, and when you sing it sounds like a mouse being sucked through a goddamn vacuum cleaner. The last thing that those of us who possess a working brain want to hear is some cunt who's probably doing a ridiculous fucking degree like Film Studies that'll never get him a job bumbling his way through "Blowing in the Wind". We're not in a music venue and this isn't an open mic night, so take your 100 Squier and fuck off back to your bedroom before I smash it across your face.

Honestly, I don't think there's many things that are more cringeworthy than this. You know what's worse, though? The brainless fucking mutants who turn and gawk in awe at these attention-seekers, as if they're some kind of modern day Bob Dylan. "Holy shit! This guy can play Smoke on the Water... on an acoustic guitar!" FUCKING WOW. What the fuck are you idiots doing?! Stop acting like you've never seen a floppy-haired waste of spunk playing atrocious renditions of songs you don't even like and just ignore the prick. One time I was rolling on the #20 bus (which was as full of pricks as it usually is) and all of a sudden some American guy pulls out the acoustic and starts mumbling through one of the worst recreations of Freebird I've ever heard... AND EVERYONE ON THE BUS JUST ATE IT THE FUCK UP.

Pricks.

Well put (apart from the bit about Film Studies, course was awesome). I think this is made worse by twee adverts by soulless mobile phone companies that have a gentle voice telling us how great friends are while some implausably pretty actresses twat about on a beach somewhere farting rainbows while some stubbled, scarf-wearing 'sensitive type' sausage fingers his way through Emin, C and G - with a capo on the 2nd fret, of course.

People who look over my shoulder when I'm doing su-doku or a crossword and then proceed to tell me the answers. FUCK. RIGHT. OFF. It really fucking angers me. It's rude and unnecessary. If I need help, I'll ask but until then just keep your nose in your own fucking paper.

By the same token, if we're playing Buzz or Trivial Pursuit and someone decides to sit out (which is fair enough) only to go and answer ALL THE FUCKING QUESTIONS. If you don't want to play, don't play but keep your answers in your fucking head.

A girl strolling around uni wearing a slightly over-sized rugby shirt over baggy jogging bottoms/skinny jeans wearing either slip on shoes or ugg boots = in most cases, probably some bloke from the uni rugby team's bird

A group of girls in the pub wearing rugby shirts (fitted or slightly loose) drinking pints and shouting at the tv when their team makes a stupid decision/scores a try/penalty kick = probably into the ladies.

These, however, are sweeping generalisations based entirely on my own experiences.

A girl strolling around uni wearing a slightly over-sized rugby shirt over baggy jogging bottoms/skinny jeans wearing either slip on shoes or ugg boots = in most cases, probably some bloke from the uni rugby team's bird

A group of girls in the pub wearing rugby shirts (fitted or slightly loose) drinking pints and shouting at the tv when their team makes a stupid decision/scores a try/penalty kick = probably into the ladies.

These, however, are sweeping generalisations based entirely on my own experiences.

Why do so many rugby guys have red cheeks?

Sorry, that sounds like the set up to a joke. It's not. Loads of them have really rosy cheeks.