aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Fencing night out. LOL.

Those rowdy bitches.

My only complaint would be that they were overly-stingy with the heating in the winter. My room had massive single-glazed windows and it got bloody baltic in my room. Apart from that minor gripe I had two years of peace and quiet and could sleep whenever I wanted without fear of being woken up. Even our neighbours were quiet. It was brilliant after that year of hell in King St. Exchange.

I just meant that people who will be getting jobs working with the public, being respected or depended on and the fuckers can't even be quiet or sensitive to the people they live with. Haha my rant is over, for just now anyway.

Yeah, I know what you meant! :)

Some people see uni as one big party, and that's not a problem, but it's a problem when they couldn't care less what they're studying about and that impacts on everyone else, who are trying to get their degree etc.

I could rant about this for ages too!!

Some people see uni as one big party, and that's not a problem

I disagree, that is very much a problem. Because we live in a culture where everyone is just expected to go to university and get some kind of degree, the academic dimension of it has been lost. Student = party and miss lectures. Student should = one who studies.

Not everyone is academic but nearly everyone is expected to go to university, so the academic nature of degrees is very often lost.

I'm doing my second degree just now, and it still amazes me the amount of people who just don't care about what they're studying. Fuck off and do something else then. Gah!

I'm not having a go at all students, just most of the fuckers.

Gah, that's a right fucking hate of mine there. Drunkards singing "sentimental" songs like wonderwall. Fuck right off. Wonderwall in itself fucking pisses me off. Oasis at their best ahve a good song here ot there but that song is so fucking shit.

Or worse, Chelsea fucking Dagger.

I disagree, that is very much a problem. Because we live in a culture where everyone is just expected to go to university and get some kind of degree, the academic dimension of it has been lost. Student = party and miss lectures. Student should = one who studies.

Not everyone is academic but nearly everyone is expected to go to university, so the academic nature of degrees is very often lost.

I'm doing my second degree just now, and it still amazes me the amount of people who just don't care about what they're studying. Fuck off and do something else then. Gah!

I'm not having a go at all students, just most of the fuckers.

Totally agree. I've never been quite sure of the rationale behind this push for higher education. Presumably, it's some well intended but hilariously mislead attempt at attaining social equality (whatever that means) but I forsee in my crystal ball a future of unemployed media studies grads who can't drive a tractor.

Totally agree. I've never been quite sure of the rationale behind this push for higher education. Presumably, it's some well intended but hilariously mislead attempt at attaining social equality (whatever that means) but I forsee in my crystal ball a future of unemployed media studies grads who can't drive a tractor.

Yes, but have you ever met a farmer who blogs for The Guardian?

Don't sweat it. They'll be invaluable in the running of my Soylent Green factory.

Uni should be harder. Far too many people go just to have a few years of bumming about. All this chopping and changing too. 'I did two years of pyschology, now i've gone back into 1st year biology'... Fuck off! Finish your degree and deal with the consequential bleak job prospects like a man/woman!

Uni should be harder. Far too many people go just to have a few years of bumming about. All this chopping and changing too. 'I did two years of pyschology, now i've gone back into 1st year biology'... Fuck off! Finish your degree and deal with the consequential bleak job prospects like a man/woman!

Haha. I know people like that. Got a BA, worked a few years, got depressed. Then got an MA, worked a few years more. Itchy feet, therefore doctorate in something ridiculous. Jesus, just become a lecturer, it's the obvious solution!

*well, not quite like you were saying actually but still.

Haha. I know people like that. Got a BA, worked a few years, got depressed. Then got an MA, worked a few years more. Itchy feet, therefore doctorate in something ridiculous. Jesus, just become a lecturer, it's the obvious solution!

That I can understand and am ok with. By all means get as many qualifications as you like. It's the folk who do 1st year of a BA like 3 times then still finish with an ordinary after 6 years. Just go out and get a job! Studying ain't for you!

Work. Been working on some research a certain way all day. After hours of doing it this way, I'm told I'm not doing it the same as the other 2, and I'm wasting time/making more work for myself. After a 10 minute argument, the 3 of us are told by the producer that he likes the way I'm doing it, so I'm left to go back to doing it that way, albeit after wasting 10 minutes arguing about it, despite being told I was "wasting my time".

Arse.

i used to live with a complete fuck nugget sponge scroting cunt bag of a flatmate who, while we were progressing through our degrees he started a new one every year, i think in the whole 4 years it took me to get my degree he must have been to max 20 lectures in total.

And i saw him in the union shop selling crisps and rubbers not too long ago, what a twat.

The sad fact is, of the 8 or so people you get put in a flat with;

3 maybe 4 on average will get their degree in the supposed allotted time span for it

1 or 2 will change half way and get a hybrid mongo nothing degree that will get them nowhere ie. biology with Thundercats studies

A couple will drop out altogether and never be seen of/hear of ever again

And if you're really lucky, one might have a spectacular and gloriously rock and roll fucktastic drug overdose and go out with a proper bang....but in all fairness thats quite rare

Work, man. Some temp at my place is getting royally shafted, and he's getting the punt, even though his one-man-callcentre job is probably the most pivotal (love that word) job in the office, and he really holds everything together. It's possibly why the council is as shambolic as it is. The whole fucking shitheap is being run by temps, and the staff turnaround is through the roof.

Anyway, his job is a right of shite, but he's some kind of masochist and just revels in it. Due to him getting to boot, I'm getting nudged into his job. I've basically told them they can get fucked, if there is a professional way of saying that, so instead, I'm being trained in his job, to train the new guy, like some fucking backwards game of chinese whispers. The place is going to fall apart, even more so.

Wankwankwank.

Of course it's a problem, but what I meant was it's not a problem for me because I know I went to uni to achieve my degree and got it. So if people want to waste their time... and money then that's their choice I guess. They just don't need to bring others into it who actually want to achieve something.

One of the guys I lived with in Halls didn't even make it to the Christmas of 1st year, this impacted on everyone else because he wasn't studying anymore and just wanted the stereotypical student life. Other people were brought down with this because they were attracted to those bright lights and gave into the peer pressure.

Work is my pet hate today! It's just far too busy and the weeks are just disappearing. I keep thinking I have more time than I do to finish reports and things, but I really don't!

heh, i like the ranting about work, i had a great day today, strolled in at half 9.

did a couple things, then read the paper and checked out the shoe bomber conspiracy theories. Then after lunch we cooked some sausage rolls in an oven that is supposed to be used for heat testing tools. Very efficient if slightly overkill for a couple o sausage rolls. finished reading the paper, fucked off at half three.

got home, had a shit, and fell asleep for an hour watching some shite about penguins.

epic day. love it. looking forward to what tomorrow brings :up: