aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I don't like it when cyclists cycle on the pavement. Well, I can understand when the road's ridiculously busy, but when they cycle on the pavement despite the fact that the road has a fucking cycle lane? That really pisses me off. There's a designated part of the road for you to use, you mentally-deficient wankhouse - why the fuck are you plowing down the pavement like you're in Grand Theft Auto? It doesn't make any sense. Get on the road and use the goddamn cycle lane, 'cause next time you fly past me on the pavement, I'm gonna stick a golf club between your spokes and you're going to whizz over the handlebars and smash your fucking face on the motherfucking ground. And die. Then who'll be laughing?

Cue Original Spies getting upset about people complaining about cyclists using pavements...

I hate when you get stuck behind cyclists because the road isn't wide enough to overtake them cos there are cars coming the other way. They don't pull in to let you past, they just keep going and you're just stuck behind them for ages doing 5mph. Then once the road clears, you finally overtake the bastards, only to get stuck at a red light and they just sail up the side of all the cars and fucking get in front of you again. Sorry cyclists, but that shit is just unreasonable.

Cue Original Spies getting upset about people complaining about cyclists using pavements...

Pointless trolling? That's not like you.

These days I only bump up to the pavement to avoid roundabouts, since roundabouts are lethal. Unless I'm just taking the first exit. I wouldn't want to go across or round one though.

It's the safest place for cyclists to be at traffic lights. That's why there are special road markings to encourage it.

I love anti-cycling vitriol.

No it isn't, because drivers get frustrated and pissed off at being stuck behind them again and do stupid overtaking manouveres to get back past them. The first time I overtake a cyclist I give him plenty of room. By the fucking fourth time I have to pass the same guy, the cunt can get out of MY way.

I cycle to work sometimes and I keep my place in the queue, and if I'm holding up cars, I pull into the side and let them past. It's common courtesy.

No it isn't, because drivers get frustrated and pissed off at being stuck behind them again and do stupid overtaking manouveres to get back past them. The first time I overtake a cyclist I give him plenty of room. By the fucking fourth time I have to pass the same guy, the cunt can get out of MY way.

I cycle to work sometimes and I keep my place in the queue, and if I'm holding up cars, I pull into the side and let them past. It's common courtesy.

Hugging the gutter like an old lady to let past impatient people (who are getting left behind at the next set of lights anyway) is really daft. You risk them taking it as an offer to overtake immediately, increasing the chance of sandwiching you against whatever is parked to your left.

The only vehicle that ever gets stuck behind me is the bus mostly. It's a tricky one though. I've pulled onto the pavement to let them pass before, but then they'll be stopping to let people on/off shortly, and I end up over taking them anyway, then it repeats. Can't say I care about holding the bus up though. Infact, my disdain for the bus in the reason I got a bike, so it's actually awesome. Until one mows me down, and my head is all over the road.

However, I'm a bit cautious of pulling up to let cars pass, as the last time this happened, a cyclist came within a couple of inches of slamming right into the back of me, and then offered to "batter" me, which I'd rather avoid if it means a car has to wait to overtake me.

Oh, I now hate Comedy Central. Am I being punished for genuinly liking Two and a Half Men by the constant repetitive adverts? If I want to watch shitty shitty sitcoms, I have to endure the same 3 Sex in the City, Grumpy Old Men and 30 Rock adverts every single break. I used to quite like that JayZ song about New York, but now that programme about wrinkly slags has adopted it for its adverts, I hate Jay Z, and rap music, and music.

I just want to watch Charlie Harper bang women and Alan be frigid and uptight about the whole thing. What is so wrong with that? Why are you doing this to me?

For all I know, 30 Rock could be quite good, but I certainly have no interest in watching it now you're forcing it into my brain.

Everytime I close my eyes, all I see is Alec Baldwin.

Guest Gladstone
Oh, I now hate Comedy Central. Am I being punished for genuinly liking Two and a Half Men by the constant repetitive adverts? If I want to watch shitty shitty sitcoms, I have to endure the same 3 Sex in the City, Grumpy Old Men and 30 Rock adverts every single break. I used to quite like that JayZ song about New York, but now that programme about wrinkly slags has adopted it for its adverts, I hate Jay Z, and rap music, and music.

I just want to watch Charlie Harper bang women and Alan be frigid and uptight about the whole thing. What is so wrong with that? Why are you doing this to me?

For all I know, 30 Rock could be quite good, but I certainly have no interest in watching it now you're forcing it into my brain.

Everytime I close my eyes, all I see is Alec Baldwin.

I would recommend assisted suicide. It seems like the only remaining option for you.

30 Rock is funny 'n' all that. Thankfully I started watching it when it was on channel five (aka 'five') so the incessant comedy central adverts weren't able to put me off. I don't know why they have to remind us all that Two and a Half Men is going to be on, it's on for at least 2 hours every day, do they think we've all got Alzheimers?

Maybe i like the ambiguity of it all. o_O:up::swearing::princess::gringo:8-):down::popcorn::love:?(

Fixed

Fuck the haters. Shite sitcoms are fantastic.

I still haven't had chance to catch Hanging With Mr Cooper, since it made a glorious return to the little screen. I need to attend to that.

Hanging With Mr Cooper is on there? That almost reason enough for me to get Sky. If they also had Boy Meets World I'd be on the phone to Sky right now.

• Upvote 1

Junk food trying to turn healthy. This annoys me, because they've taken all the good stuff out of the junk food and made it taste bland. Pot Noodles taste completely cardboardy now without all the yummy salt and MSG and shit. Smarties are fucked without artificial colours, it's what made them Smarties. Both Fruit Pastilles and Jelly Babies taste altogether more shit since the only flavouring they have in them these days is natural fruit juice. Bring back the artificial stuff, at least it tasted good! Tizer is a disgrace these days, it tastes like the bottles of Elite 1 calorie you used to get from Bon Accord Juice, it's made of nothing but fruit apparently, well it tastes like shitty toilet water. I liked it when it tasted like metal and you had literally no idea what was in it. Remember when they made Tizer Ice that tasted like it was cold even when it wasn't cold? That was like some Willy Wonka shit. I don't even want to think about how many chemicals and E numbers were in that shit, it just tasted great. Apple Tango is the latest one to get a make-under. It's like they took all the sugar out of it, it just tastes like fizzy pure apple juice, which is horrible. If I wanted pure apple juice I'd buy a carton of fucking apple juice. I want my junk food to be full of junk, not apples.

Guest Gladstone
Junk food trying to turn healthy. This annoys me, because they've taken all the good stuff out of the junk food and made it taste bland. Pot Noodles taste completely cardboardy now without all the yummy salt and MSG and shit. Smarties are fucked without artificial colours, it's what made them Smarties. Both Fruit Pastilles and Jelly Babies taste altogether more shit since the only flavouring they have in them these days is natural fruit juice. Bring back the artificial stuff, at least it tasted good! Tizer is a disgrace these days, it tastes like the bottles of Elite 1 calorie you used to get from Bon Accord Juice, it's made of nothing but fruit apparently, well it tastes like shitty toilet water. I liked it when it tasted like metal and you had literally no idea what was in it. Remember when they made Tizer Ice that tasted like it was cold even when it wasn't cold? That was like some Willy Wonka shit. I don't even want to think about how many chemicals and E numbers were in that shit, it just tasted great. Apple Tango is the latest one to get a make-under. It's like they took all the sugar out of it, it just tastes like fizzy pure apple juice, which is horrible. If I wanted pure apple juice I'd buy a carton of fucking apple juice. I want my junk food to be full of junk, not apples.

This annoys me too, but probably for different reasons.

Making everything fucking healthy (or at least pseudo-healthy) is just a bit "nanny state" for my liking.

There should be loads of shitty, unhealthy food out there because sometimes you know, a burger king seems like a good idea...

The fact that there are millions of fucking idiots out there that can't think for themselves, and are too stupid to realise that eating 14 packets of crisps washed down with 6 cans of coke every day is bad for them, shouldn't ruin it for the others who enjoy junk food in moderation.

I know the Government isn't enforcing Apple Tango to take the artificial shit out, but it's undoubtedly down to all the bad press that fizzy drinks/fatty foods etc get that's led to all this "healthy" nonsense. Was there really anyone out there that didn't realise fizzy drinks are pretty bad for you? And are there really people out there that will now look at a can of Apple Tango and think it's good for them? And possibly because it has apples in the ingredients that it will count towards one of their 5 a day?

I take the power back and put salt in pot noodles if i have them. I went through a process to find out how much is needed and it isn't much really.