aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

That is amazing. I was just going to find out the name of their leasing agent and write a letter of complaint but that is much better. Last Wednesday night, at 2am I got woken up by someone pressing my buzzer, and also every other buzzer in the block, people outside obviously not knowing which buzzer was their friends, so they just buzzed them all. When someone was stupid enough to buzz them in a bunch of girls came banging up the stairs, yelling and screaming at the top of their voices. About ten minutes later, again someone pressed my buzzer, and every other buzzer in the flat and again a bunch of drunken noisy whores came clattering up the fucking stairs. Then ten minutes later, a bunch of guys came clattering up the fucking stairs. There must have been about 20 people in there. The party in the flat was full of girls yelling and screaming and whooping, plus they were listening to shit dance music really loud, plus they had all the windows open cos they were leaning out smoking, which made it even noisier (and when you live in cramped old tenements like mine if one person is having a party the whole street is kept awake). Not only that but there was a couple on the stairwell having a full blown domestic for about half an hour and yelling at each other. People kept coming out trying to interrupt them and get between them, cue more shouting, and running up and down the stairs (my bed is right through the wall from the stairwell). It went on till after 4, I was fucking raging. The next day I went down and battered on their door to bawl at them for being stupid noisy whores, but despite the fact the TV was on and there was lights on, nobody answered it. I guess they knew what was coming.

Cool story bro.

I was just going to find out the name of their leasing agent and write a letter of complaint but that is much better.

Might be worth doing both to be honest. They're bound to be in violation of their lease, most of them have clauses about causing disruption to neighbours or something similar. The council will certainly help, but in my experience when we had problems in my old flat it took a while for them to get a final resolution.

Guest Gladstone

My neighbour used to be a bit of a nightmare - one night he had an all night party with mentally loud music - when it all went quiet at about 7/8am just as we were getting up for work, we fired the stereo on as loud as it would go to try and interrupt his sleep, the cunt.

He was probably comatose and never heard it though.

I hate loud neighbours. I think it must just be a "look how daring and hard we are". There really isn't any need to play music at such volumes in your own home, but the folk in the block next to us do it from time to time. I'd quite like to go round to their door, angle myself just right, and drop a shit right through their letter box, so it gets on all the bristles and is quite a bastard to clean. But I'd be worried they are part of some violent gang, as this is Tillydrone afterall. I don't want to get pumped full of bullets.

You should have gone round and jizzed in the girls' faces.

That'll teach them.

I'm going to do that next time.

My neighbour used to be a bit of a nightmare - one night he had an all night party with mentally loud music - when it all went quiet at about 7/8am just as we were getting up for work, we fired the stereo on as loud as it would go to try and interrupt his sleep, the cunt.

He was probably comatose and never heard it though.

When the neighbours across the landing wake me up during the night coming home pissed, I make a point of playing my trumpet (really badly I might add) at 9am. Oddly enough since I started doing this they never wake me up now :up:

Well they've just gone apeshit because I spoke to one of the porters and he's getting one of the wardens to visit tonight at 6pm to make sure everyone knows that the rules are. Sorry but I've spoken to them each several times, so either grow up and realise that that bit of paper you had to sign means you need to abide by the rules or fuck off elsewhere.

One argued that at the weekend the rules don't apply and "it's just student life" yes, going out or having a party but not making heaps of fucking noise at 5/6am when you know that your flatmates are working the next day is just inconsiderate and selfish.

One of them is a pain in the arse for declaring she's going to have a party, when she's actually meant to ask each person if they're alright with it or if she has to reschedule.

I just hate students, they suddenly think they're exempt from every rule and regulation because "ooooh we are like sooo wacky and crazy, christ I drank a bottle of VODKA last night, wow eh" fuck off... just fuck off and die.

It scares me that these people are actually being trained to be translators, doctors, social workers etc...

its actually incredible how worked up you get if your woken by some pissed guy/group when your quite happily snoozing away. i like to think im quite rational and controlled with the old rage but see the other week some guy was hammering on a window a block away and shouting someones name for about half an hour at half 3 in the morning. it kept starting again just as you thought he had got himself to fuck.

Towards the end i genuinely took great pleasure in having an image of me jumping on his face until he met his bloody end all over the pavement. see what happens when you get woken up......

i can sympathise with folk living in student accomodation though, i used to live in spring gardens and obviously the college fuckers upstairs from us never had any class/work/tasks/prospects cos they were always playing shit music REALLY fucking loud. luckily i was generally quite pissed also so i slept through it. Fortunately it doesnt happen much where i stay now.

I couldn't live in student accommodation after my 2nd year. I lived with the biggest bunch of arseholes ever. Not only were they noisy and inconsiderate, but they were fucking tinks as well. They'd do a full Sunday dinner with all the trimmings and then leave all the dishes to 'steep' i.e - sit in BOTH sinks all fucking week until they'd had enough of me having a go at them. I barely slept at the weekends because if they weren't being dickheads then some other fucker was setting the fire alarm off which sucked since I worked at the weekends. 3rd year I moved in with a bunch of really quite girls who, in the two years I lived with them, woke me up ONCE coming back from a fencing night out.

Well there are two that are really noisy, alcohol and attention are all that matter to them. The rest are usually quiet, out of the 5 of us only two have jobs and we're looked upon with pity... They don't seem to realise the work experience and not having a massive loan to repay are actually good things.

I try to reason with them, I get the "yeah yeah" then I turn into the Mini-Hulk and end up screaming at them so much that they're terrified into submission. Then I end up going back to bed with my blood boiling and can't get to sleep ayway :down:

Well there are two that are really noisy, alcohol and attention are all that matter to them. The rest are usually quiet, out of the 5 of us only two have jobs and we're looked upon with pity... They don't seem to realise the work experience and not having a massive loan to repay are actually good things.

I try to reason with them, I get the "yeah yeah" then I turn into the Mini-Hulk and end up screaming at them so much that they're terrified into submission. Then I end up going back to bed with my blood boiling and can't get to sleep ayway :down:

Doesn't sound like an ideal situation, that's for sure. :down:

It scares me that these people are actually being trained to be translators, doctors, social workers etc...

Social Workers need to party too!!!!! :)

But I do agree with you. I had this problem when I lived in halls. On one occasion I had had 1 hour sleep before being in uni all day. It was horrid. Bunch of lairy guys in the kitchen singing Wonderwall at 6am is not cool.

My pet hate is traffic. Tonight's drive from work (Falkirk) to home (Glasgow) took nearly 2 hours!! :( It's rubbish.