Guest idol_wild

Facebook shite of this variety... 

You know you grew up in the 19xx's if you remember: 

- things that were on TV then and their sequential order

- bands that were popular then

- fashion crazes that were popular then

- celebrities who were famous then but are no longer famous

- toys that were popular then 

- the technology of the time (in our day we didn't have [some thing that people have now])

- Some item of confectionery being a lot cheaper then than it is now

- things that happened then  

So true, lol. tag your sister etc.

Shite. 

• Upvote 7

Yes, they are indeed terrible. The worst is for the 90s obviously. People who aren't even 20 should not be so nostalgic. 

There's a difference between growing up in the 90's and being born in the 90's. I was born in the 70's but don't remember anything as it was '79, however I do remember much of the late 80's (from 85 onward) and pretty much all of the 90's as I was 6-20 during those times. I would class myself as a child of the 90's due to being in secondary school/college during the bulk of that decade ('91-'99).

There's a difference between growing up in the 90's and being born in the 90's. I was born in the 70's but don't remember anything as it was '79, however I do remember much of the late 80's (from 85 onward) and pretty much all of the 90's as I was 6-20 during those times. I would class myself as a child of the 90's due to being in secondary school/college during the bulk of that decade ('91-'99).

How did you go from being 6 to 20 in a ten year span? :p

Edit* I mis-read your post. Apologies! 

Edited by Flights
  • Upvote 1

Couples merging their Facebook pages into just one Facebook page. Why is this catching on? What benefit does it have? What are they putting into the "Gender?" question?

And when they write a status or a comment, they have to put their name at the start, so everyone knows which one of the couple is writing it. Dicks.

What if you're mates with the guy, but his missus is a twat? You know, you've all got a friend or two who has an insufferable other half. Do you still be friends with them on Facebook?

Just quit it.

Couples merging their Facebook pages into just one Facebook page. Why is this catching on? What benefit does it have? What are they putting into the "Gender?" question?

And when they write a status or a comment, they have to put their name at the start, so everyone knows which one of the couple is writing it. Dicks.

What if you're mates with the guy, but his missus is a twat? You know, you've all got a friend or two who has an insufferable other half. Do you still be friends with them on Facebook?

Just quit it.

I've never seen this but it sounds terrible and stupid.

I've never seen this but it sounds terrible and stupid.

I have two who I am friends with. Well, now it's one, as I deleted the other one yesterday, as it was just someone I went to school with. It just makes no sense. Facebook should be handing out lifetime bans for anyone who tries it.

It's bad enough having the wife checking my facebook and getting pissed off because of who I follow, fuck letting her have access to my Facebook, and do I fuck want to talk to half the people she has on Facebook.

Just a terrible, terrible idea. I'm sure people have ended up on Jeremy Kyle due to it.

It's probably just for couples with serious trust issues. Surely that's the only reason to do it. 

This is definitely it. Although, my mum and dad share a facebook account. But my mum only uses it to chat to friends and play games. My dad's the one posting statuses and it's just his name. Nothing to do with trust issues. Just between the two of them they only have the technoligical capabilites to have one facebook account.

Pet hate - been waiting on a record for about 2 months, maybe 3. When it didn't come and it was because the guy was on tour, that's cool. But they said it was on top of the pile to go out the week just passed. I'll give them till Friday before another email gets pinged.

Restringing guitars.

This is why I now solely play fixed bridges! Get yourself some sperzels and a hardtail or a guitar with a bridge like the RGA121. Makes life so much easier. The gibraltar plus bridge isn't even string thru, just slot the ball ends into the grooves. I don't like tuneomatics or stoptails much so for me this is pretty much the perfect bridge design. So comfy to play too.

230.jpg

Edited by keeno