aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I hope he's not your neighbour with the ugly munt of a face. Actually, I hope he is. :popcorn:

It's not Alkaline's house they're working on though by what he implied... I haven't actually seen those neighbours anyway as they're new (I said it out of anger). Perhaps if they told me what they were going to do this week I would have stayed somewhere else for a bit so I could concentrate, y'know? The construction work just bothered me because there's always someone being an arsehole outside my window (thin walls) and it got to me because I sleep during the day frequently. I'm pretty sure they opened my mail one time then came to the door and threw it at me when it clearly didn't have their name on it. If it wasn't them then it was the ones living there before them.

Edited by Dakota

The only songs I liked on Graduation were Champion and Goodlife. Good songs. Couldn't get into the rest. Haven't liked a single song on his records since. I always liked his production style on the first two, but I really don't like the way the newer stuff sounds.

You don't like Flashing Lights, Can't Tell Me Nothing or I wonder? Madness. You're a rubbish person and I'm happy Thiago isn't going to United and I hope United never buy another midfielder ever again.

Edited by Paranoid Android

I'm in Porty too. Are you on the same street as me or something?! If the builders were topless the entire time and there's a yellow kids' house in the park with a purple roof then this is scary! Haha.

It's not Alkaline's house they're working on though by what he implied... I haven't actually seen those neighbours anyway as they're new (I said it out of anger). Perhaps if they told me what they were going to do this week I would have stayed somewhere else for a bit so I could concentrate, y'know? The construction work just bothered me because there's always someone being an arsehole outside my window (thin walls) and it got to me because I sleep during the day frequently. I'm pretty sure they opened my mail one time then came to the door and threw it at me when it clearly didn't have their name on it. If it wasn't them then it was the ones living there before them.

I'm in the Boswells.

They are nearly finished by the looks of it and they woke me up at 7am today as well.

I'm sure that the noise issues are only seen as being a problem between the hours of 11pm and 7am (may be wrong though, wouldn't be the firt time) but I have found this page on the Aberdeen council website (if you are Aberdeenshire there should be the same page for them) - http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/planning_environment/environmental/environmental_health/pol_NoiseControl.asp

Thanks for the link. :) Well they have been starting between 7 and 8am every morning so I can't do anything about it, looked and it's 7am for the 'shire too. They've done it again, this time about 7:45 I think. It's way too early without prior warning. You would think it'd be more like 9am or even 8 when the typical work day starts so the majority of folk would be at work... or at least awake anyway. It's more rude and inconsiderate on their part rather than illegal because they just didn't warn anyone and if I had exams (let's face it accounting isn't very easy going, I need silence), happened to be on nightshift or worked from home (which I have done before) I would have actually been raging right now and at their door since I wouldn't have had time to leave for this week (not that I have the funds for that in the first place). Have been considering doing something that'll piss them off tonight but it's not fair on my other neighbours who haven't done anything wrong. I just don't get people like that. Just waiting for Sunday when there is no noise whatsoever allowed and gonna phone the council up about them if they even bother.

I'm in the Boswells.

They are nearly finished by the looks of it and they woke me up at 7am today as well.

You are in my street then... Have you just moved in recently? :) No one here speaks! You may have noticed.

Me and the bf were having a bit of a laugh a while ago now 'cause the folk next to us had a huge party one night. Got home found this guy in his boxers outside. Now the obvious question is... was that you..? Hahahaha! :') If you're next to us I hope you're a death metal fan... Sorry in advance.

More fucking neighbours bullshit! Every 2nd weekend the wifey upstairs has her kids staying. Their bedroom is directly above ours, and they have bunk beds cue constantly running about and jumping off the beds. I don't mind during the day what ever, kids are kids. But after midnight is taking the piss. I play my guitar quite loud and haven't had a complaint or a knocking noise yet. but then i tend not to play after 10pm. 

the worst part is the next morning, one of these kids has a mobile that has an alarm set for 6:30am set to vibrate. It must lay on the floor as all i hear is vibrations for about an hour. The alarm doesn't cancel it's self. For some reason they don't seem to wake up and turn it off. 

Recently to attempt to wake them I have been:

letting my really loud buzzing alarm go off for about 10 mins 

setting off my smoke detector. for long lengths of time

going outside and buzzing their intercom and then running back inside.

The buzzer trick worked, it got the wifey out her pit, but the kids didn't stir and i had to put up with the vibration noise.

I fucking hate people who sleep through alarms or too lazy to turn them off, you are clearly not getting up, turn the fucking thing off and go to sleep!!!

Have you tried to speak to her about it? She is maybe not aware of the hassle it's causing you.

You are in my street then... Have you just moved in recently? :) No one here speaks! You may have noticed.

Me and the bf were having a bit of a laugh a while ago now 'cause the folk next to us had a huge party one night. Got home found this guy in his boxers outside. Now the obvious question is... was that you..? Hahahaha! :') If you're next to us I hope you're a death metal fan... Sorry in advance.

We moved in last October. I guess you're across the road from me then?

Yeah, it is quite quiet. We say hi to the couple next to us in passing and the couple with kids who live on the other side of us as well though everyone does really keep themselves to themselves. I can assure you it wasn't me or my boxers :p

As it happens i'm not adverse to the odd bit of death metal.

Well I'm in the house at the end in the corner next to the park, the couple may be my family! I've yet to move out and get my shit together, planning on September. :) Think you may actually be next to me? We've got the white Corsa and shitty jeep here (also not mine, nothing here is mine, haha)? If so that's awesome! Had one of the previous people next door climbing over the fence and banging on the window when I was drumming, swore at me as well so glad you're partial to a bit of metal! Not that I'm gonna intentionally make noise, I like quiet! :D

Well I'm in the house at the end in the corner next to the park, the couple may be my family! I've yet to move out and get my shit together, planning on September. :) Think you may actually be next to me? We've got the white Corsa and shitty jeep here (also not mine, nothing here is mine, haha)? If so that's awesome! Had one of the previous people next door climbing over the fence and banging on the window when I was drumming, swore at me as well so glad you're partial to a bit of metal! Not that I'm gonna intentionally make noise, I like quiet! :D

Ahhh, i know exactly where you are, we're on the opposite side of the cul-de-sac (got a polo on the drive at the moment).

Ahhh, i know exactly where you are, we're on the opposite side of the cul-de-sac (got a polo on the drive at the moment).

Silver Polo? Totally didn't just search for it like a creeper, hahaha. :p Strange though! Seen you posting on the forum a number of times, think I replied too, weird to think you're just across the road. If you're there you're lucky you're not gonna hear me practicing my death vocals, lol.

Silver Polo? Totally didn't just search for it like a creeper, hahaha. :p Strange though! Seen you posting on the forum a number of times, think I replied too, weird to think you're just across the road. If you're there you're lucky you're not gonna hear me practicing my death vocals, lol.

Aye, that's the one. The walls in my house seem to be pretty thick, never had any complaints from next door when i'm recording.

Aye, that's the one. The walls in my house seem to be pretty thick, never had any complaints from next door when i'm recording.

Lucky! This one's detached and despite that I've still had a complaint. Only once though 'cause they had people viewing their home at the time - still rude banging on my window though! :p The walls are so, so flimsy/thin in this place. I've been trying to figure out ways to soundproof a couple of the rooms 'cause literally you can't even speak without it being amplified into the next room, but all is expensive and/or ugly.

Think everyone seems pretty nice in this street, shame they avoid each other, haha. Probably happens everywhere.

My cunty neighbours got their garden done a few years back, ripped out all the grass and laid slabs. The guy doing it started about 7:30 every morning for 2 weeks, grinding up slabs and shit. I went and ripped into him one Saturday morning and he chucked out the 'it's OK after 7am' get out, sadly this was correct. Neighbours kindly arranged it all to happen while they were away on holiday. Cunts. Who have since proven themselves to be even bigger cunts during a run in the other month. Fucking hate neighbours. Actually the lass on the other side is sound. Generally I have had bad luck with neighbours though.

Keeping on the current trend of neighbor hate I thought I'd share my experience with my neighbors mate at lunch time.

Where I live we have a bit of an awkward car park and it's not helped by our neighbors insistence to park one of his 2 cars very close to the opening. This makes it very difficult to see as the street is very tight and on a 15% incline. 

Anyway as I was leaving to head back to work today after popping home for lunch, one of my neighbors friends parked his car completely over the entrance blocking me, the people staying in the holiday house and the other residents in. I caught him before he went inside my neighbors house and this is the following conversation;

me: " excuse me but you'll have to move your car as I'm away to leave.
neighbors pal: "You'll just have to wait a minute, I'm away to pick something up from sandys lobby"
Me: " No, You'll move that car first as I need out"
neighbors pal: " I'll only be 2 seconds"
Me: " I don't care, I'm leaving to go to work now so you'll have to move your car now."
neighbors pal : " och, fine then. I dinna see the problem"
Me " The problem is parking there is absolute nonsense, there is a whole empty street and sandys drives to park in."
neighbors pal : "it's a free country, you can park where you want"

My piss almost boiled at his last statement.
I'm still quite angry...

Guest Cool Thinker

The phrase 'it's a free country' is a pet hate.

What does that even mean? 

It means if I pickpocket you then you cannot do anything about it.