aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Because I prefer to live that way. I know a lot of things are awful without ever having to experience them.

I'm a pretty big fan, but I don't think anybody can deny that 95% of the lyrics on his new album and complete shiiiiiite.

For example:-

"I keep it 300, like the Romans." 

"Your titties, let 'em out, free at last."

"In a French-ass restaurant, hurry up with my damn croissants!"

"I wanna fuck you on the sink, after that give you something to drink, step back, can't get spunk on the mink."

"Eatin' Asian pussy, all I need is sweet and sour sauce."

That's Lil Wayne territory. Horrific.

• Upvote 1

I'm a pretty big fan, but I don't think anybody can deny that 95% of the lyrics on his new album and complete shiiiiiite.

"I wanna fuck you on the sink, after that give you something to drink, step back, can't get spunk on the mink."

Holy shit, these are real? WTF?

I listened to samples of it, knowing I was going to think it was shite, and it exceeded my expectations. Total fucking drivel. Sounds like the beats were made on a ZX Spectrum with some egotistical fucknut spewing non-sensical drivel about how fucking great he is.

I hate my fucking neighbour so much and have been trying not to throw a boulder off his ugly munt of a face for most of this week and murdering his entire family. Everyone in this street seems to be building extensions, driveways, etc and I can't cope anymore. My head is in agony. I've got paperwork, etc to do, as people usually do, and have industrial ear protectors on because the standard foam ones don't do shit for this noise. Is it even acceptable to be drilling concrete outside people's windows from 7am?! It's the same folk who have opened my mail before and then threw it into my face going "DERP MY NAME ISN'T DERPY MCDERP BUT IT SAYS MY HOUSE NUMBER ON IT". Well dumb fuck, if my mail has my name on it, it must be mine AND NOT YOURS. Also cheers asshole for blocking every fucking possible route to my front door so I now have to climb over six trucks, fifteen naked construction workers and a guy mowing his lawn with his screeching child basically inside my arse to get home. GET. FUCKED! Guy can go lick my cat's anus. Anyone got any suggestions that won't get me arrested? I'm also not sure who to contact to complain and to top it off I've got insomnia.

I listened to samples of it, knowing I was going to think it was shite, and it exceeded my expectations. Total fucking drivel. Sounds like the beats were made on a ZX Spectrum with some egotistical fucknut spewing non-sensical drivel about how fucking great he is.

Thanks for saving me the hassle. This is pretty much what I expected.

It's not so much Kanye West I hate (although I do hate him), it's the 'you should give it a go' attitude that's a pet hate. As Surfer_rosa says, I don't need to cheese-grate my scrote to know it'll hurt.

• Upvote 1

I hate my fucking neighbour so much and have been trying not to throw a boulder off his ugly munt of a face for most of this week and murdering his entire family. Everyone in this street seems to be building extensions, driveways, etc and I can't cope anymore. My head is in agony. I've got paperwork, etc to do, as people usually do, and have industrial ear protectors on because the standard foam ones don't do shit for this noise. Is it even acceptable to be drilling concrete outside people's windows from 7am?! It's the same folk who have opened my mail before and then threw it into my face going "DERP MY NAME ISN'T DERPY MCDERP BUT IT SAYS MY HOUSE NUMBER ON IT". Well dumb fuck, if my mail has my name on it, it must be mine AND NOT YOURS. Also cheers asshole for blocking every fucking possible route to my front door so I now have to climb over six trucks, fifteen naked construction workers and a guy mowing his lawn with his screeching child basically inside my arse to get home. GET. FUCKED! Guy can go lick my cat's anus. Anyone got any suggestions that won't get me arrested? I'm also not sure who to contact to complain and to top it off I've got insomnia.

It's been like that in my cul-de-sac in Porty for the past week. The drive in question would've been finished a lot quicker if the "builders" hadn't spent the last 4 days in some sort of homo-erotic fantasy wrestling shirtless in the kids play park next to the house who's drive they're "working" on.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for saving me the hassle. This is pretty much what I expected.

It's not so much Kanye West I hate (although I do hate him), it's the 'you should give it a go' attitude that's a pet hate. As Surfer_rosa says, I don't need to cheese-grate my scrote to know it'll hurt.

What if it was coming from a friend who knows your taste well and is confident you'd like it?

I'm sure that the noise issues are only seen as being a problem between the hours of 11pm and 7am (may be wrong though, wouldn't be the firt time) but I have found this page on the Aberdeen council website (if you are Aberdeenshire there should be the same page for them) - http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/planning_environment/environmental/environmental_health/pol_NoiseControl.asp

Late to the Fuck Kanye West party but these are two of my favourites:

He's not talented, he's a piece of shit. If you disagree, you're a piece of shit too.

xx

He did produce a few good Jay Z songs....

Lucifer on the Black Album is fuckin decent.

I liked the first two Kanye records. Then he went mental, and his music went with it. He's capable of good lyrics though. Family Business is a great song. But that was pre-mental Kanye.

Graduation has some outstanding songs as good as the best on the first two albums imo. A few real duds which drag the album down though. 808s I've never really listened to a whole lot but it definitely has songs I like. MBDTF is fantastic and along with the first two makes up my top 3. Depending what mood I'm in it can be my favourite. Yeezus I'd rank just above Graduation even though its high points aren't so good. 

Edit - First 2 are definitely the best lyrically though.

Edited by Paranoid Android

The last two sound like a certain someone on these forums...

• Upvote 2

More fucking neighbours bullshit! Every 2nd weekend the wifey upstairs has her kids staying. Their bedroom is directly above ours, and they have bunk beds cue constantly running about and jumping off the beds. I don't mind during the day what ever, kids are kids. But after midnight is taking the piss. I play my guitar quite loud and haven't had a complaint or a knocking noise yet. but then i tend not to play after 10pm. 

the worst part is the next morning, one of these kids has a mobile that has an alarm set for 6:30am set to vibrate. It must lay on the floor as all i hear is vibrations for about an hour. The alarm doesn't cancel it's self. For some reason they don't seem to wake up and turn it off. 

Recently to attempt to wake them I have been:

letting my really loud buzzing alarm go off for about 10 mins 

setting off my smoke detector. for long lengths of time

going outside and buzzing their intercom and then running back inside.

The buzzer trick worked, it got the wifey out her pit, but the kids didn't stir and i had to put up with the vibration noise.

I fucking hate people who sleep through alarms or too lazy to turn them off, you are clearly not getting up, turn the fucking thing off and go to sleep!!!

Graduation has some outstanding songs as good as the best on the first two albums imo. A few real duds which drag the album down though. 808s I've never really listened to a whole lot but it definitely has songs I like. MBDTF is fantastic and along with the first two makes up my top 3. Depending what mood I'm in it can be my favourite. Yeezus I'd rank just above Graduation even though its high points aren't so good. 

Edit - First 2 are definitely the best lyrically though.

The only songs I liked on Graduation were Champion and Goodlife. Good songs. Couldn't get into the rest. Haven't liked a single song on his records since. I always liked his production style on the first two, but I really don't like the way the newer stuff sounds.

The only songs I liked on Graduation were Champion and Goodlife. Good songs. Couldn't get into the rest. Haven't liked a single song on his records since. I always liked his production style on the first two, but I really don't like the way the newer stuff sounds.

I love, love, love Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. I really like Graduation. I don't actually enjoy the first two, just not my cup of tea, and I dislike 808's & Heartbreak. I do enjoy Yeezus, but my interest has definitely cooled on it, it's trash lyrically, and it sounds like he really binged on the last Shabazz Palaces and Death Grips records and thought "ehhh, I'll have a bash at that."

I'd say Yeezus is at least better than the new Jay-Z album, which is completely without merit.

It's been like that in my cul-de-sac in Porty for the past week. The drive in question would've been finished a lot quicker if the "builders" hadn't spent the last 4 days in some sort of homo-erotic fantasy wrestling shirtless in the kids play park next to the house who's drive they're "working" on.

I'm in Porty too. Are you on the same street as me or something?! If the builders were topless the entire time and there's a yellow kids' house in the park with a purple roof then this is scary! Haha.

Edited by Dakota