aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The boy in my work. Again today. He was late in and had a half day. Fair enough, both were agreed. But he in no way tried to make sure things he should have done were done. He was testing some new equipment, which would need added to the asset register and labelled up and stuff. He tested it, that was it. And he took a FULL day to do it too. It shouldn't have taken half a day. So at 5 to 4, after the most stressful day of my working life, I go to do some delivery paperwork and I realise he hasn't done any of this. So I had to do it. I gave up at 10 past 5 and decided I'd come in tomorrow morning to do it. I'm absolutely fucked and the last thing I want to do is get up almost an hour early tomorrow.

My pet hate today is unexplained mystery ailments. My ring finger on my left hand (shredding/fretting hand more importantly) has gone all swollen and painful. Doctor doesn't know what it is, but gave me some standard antibiotics. I can barely move it without it sending a shooting pain right up my arm. I can't play guitar or xbox. I hope I don't have arthritis, or some shit.

Can't you just pinch and scrape yr way through the pain?

My Pet Hate is people who assume that because you like football you must not be intelligent or capable of liking anything non-sporty such as decent music, literature. Not referring to you Davetherave, but this kind of thinking does exist. It's not limited to football either, anyone who assumes you are a 'type' of person because of one thing you do/like can get to fuck.

Be excellent to one another.

• Upvote 5

My Pet Hate is people who assume that because you like football you must not be intelligent or capable of liking anything non-sporty such as decent music, literature. Not referring to you Davetherave, but this kind of thinking does exist. It's not limited to football either, anyone who assumes you are a 'type' of person because of one thing you do/like can get to fuck.

100% agree, although I don't think I come across this as much as I used to. It was worst when at school when everyone felt the need to be in a clear group.

Guest Giles Walker

TopLAD

Google Image: "football fan" and this is the 3rd result...

Are-football-thugs-extinct6.jpg

Makes me very sad.

One of my best mates is a huge lover of art, cinema and music but he's also a huge football fan. I suppose some folks have a hard time grasping that being a LAD OI OI OI!!! probably means you're a die-hard football fan, being a sports fan doesn't make you a LAD.

xx

I don't get all the haterz of Rugby. Its just another sport? Is it simply because people called Will Carling and Lewis Moody play it? Yes there's a certain culture involved, but are footballers not even bigger cunts? I think people are way, way more surprised that I play rugby and am into playing in bands and upping the punx than they are when I say I like football.

Or is it just the sport itself? Surely its not as shit as cricket. Why can't you gize hate on cricket?

• Upvote 1

I don't get all the haterz of Rugby. Its just another sport? Is it simply because people called Will Carling and Lewis Moody play it? Yes there's a certain culture involved, but are footballers not even bigger cunts? I think people are way, way more surprised that I play rugby and am into playing in bands and upping the punx than they are when I say I like football.

Or is it just the sport itself? Surely its not as shit as cricket. Why can't you gize hate on cricket?

I hate cricket too.