aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Aye and no, on the one hand your right they are doing a job, but on the other they are actually putting their lives on the line. I dont think every soldier is a hero, but a fair few of them go above and beyond what is expected of them, its like any job really.

I think my opinion has been soured by pictures of soldiers hugging kids on Facebook and the cloying comments that follow them.

I think my opinion has been soured by pictures of soldiers hugging kids on Facebook and the cloying comments that follow them.

Yeah i really fucking hate that shit. Dont try and make me feel bad for these guys just because they are away from their kids, where are the pictures of people coming home from a 3 month stint on a Nigerian Oil Rig?!

Whilst i appreciate no one likes war, or likes being away from their family, but i do not need it shoved down my throat by cock bandits only interested in having a thousand likes on something they posted. "OMG look at me with all my online friends ill never meet or speak too"

I'm friends with a girl who is engaged to a soldier, so my wall is plastered with all kinds of stupid pro-soldier propaganda. From 'tearjerk' shite about how fucking brave they are, to all kinds of shite about footballers getting paids millions a year yet they are like, well soft, but soldiers are so tough and they kill the bad guys but only get paid MINIMUMWAGE!! LIKE THIS PICTURE IF YOU THINK THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE?!?! LET'S BLOW UP EVERYONE! THAT'LL SHOW EM!

Or something.

• Upvote 1

I'm friends with a girl who is engaged to a soldier, so my wall is plastered with all kinds of stupid pro-soldier propaganda. From 'tearjerk' shite about how fucking brave they are, to all kinds of shite about footballers getting paids millions a year yet they are like, well soft, but soldiers are so tough and they kill the bad guys but only get paid MINIMUMWAGE!! LIKE THIS PICTURE IF YOU THINK THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE?!?! LET'S BLOW UP EVERYONE! THAT'LL SHOW EM!

Or something.

Because these poor soldiers had no idea what the wage was when they applied...

• Upvote 2

End of the day they have no right to complain. on the first day of the battle of the Somme in 1916, over 100,000 soldiers died. One dies nowadays and it's like the end of the world. And they were CONSCRIPTED. They had NO choice.

They what they signed up for. If they don't like it - suck it.

I'm not the biggest fan of my job, but then again I wasn't stupid enough to sign up to the army.

The more posts I see by you the more I think you must be someone posting inane shite to try and wind folk up. You can't possibly be this fucking moronic....

I think that's been established, dude. It's commonly referred to as Attention Seeking. He likes to wind people up and then boast about how easy it is to his peers in real life.

Sadly, a lot of people pander to it and accept the bait. But people are getting better at it.

A fair few guys I went to school with signed up for the forces. One of them was/is a really decent guy, think he's a marine or some kind of double-hard bastard now, but he was always hard as bastards. The rest are fuckwitted arseholes who signed up so they could murder and rape brown people.

One guy in particular, during a drunken conversation in the pub, boasted about shooting civillains / surrendering enemies in the hands as they held them in the air. It could all just be macho pub-talk bullshit, but part of me believes him. The soldiers who helped out in Japan after the tsunami hit could be deemed heroic, but murdering other soldiers for money doesn't.

I say we send footballers to war, or something. OOooh or better yet, let's pay soldiers hundereds of thousands of pounds a week to kill other soldiers. That wouldn't be detrimental to our economy and it certainly wouldn't encourage all the wrong types of scumbag to sign up. Yeah, that's what we should do. Pay the money which our athletes generate to soldiers. NICE AND FAIR.

I fucking hate everyone.

xx

• Upvote 1